• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

zewone

I have lost 7 skirmish matches in a row trying to get one win.

You would think by now by chance I'd end up on a decent team, but no.

What the actual FUCK is up with the teammates this game gives me where i have to get 36 kills and a clutch deploy at the last 10 seconds to win a salvage match by MYSELF.

hNyifIt.jpg

These guys literally just stood around for the first 3 minutes of the match bumping into each other and staring at walls.

nowai

What the actual FUCK is up with the teammates this game gives me where i have to get 36 kills and a clutch deploy at the last 10 seconds to win a salvage match by MYSELF.

These guys literally just stood around for the first 3 minutes of the match bumping into each other and staring at walls.

It's weird they have the same clan tag. Wonder if they were trying to match up 2v2 with randoms?

Man I thought I had bad luck with randos but it seems to have worsened. In my experience it seems like SBMM means getting matched against people at or above your skill level while getting teamates that are either comparable, or just learned how to use a controller with two thumbsticks.

Man I thought I had bad luck with randos but it seems to have worsened. In my experience it seems like SBMM means getting matched against people at or above your skill level while getting teamates that are either comparable, or just learned how to use a controller with two thumbsticks.
It's weird that it always feels that way, yeah. But we know that can't be the case because all the players you're matched against go through the same thing, the system doesn't pick you out and fuck you over. But in every game I play, destiny, halo, overwatch, it's all the same. Enemey randoms are obviously always better than your randoms.

Rehsa

God damn these salvage games suck. First one against a team of 3, second drops me in against a team of 3 and we are down by half of thier score. Only need two more losses anyway....and I'm dropped in another loss in progress lmao

Edit: OK was able to come back on that one since it was early enough and snagged an NL Shadow with Crowd Control/ER or Smallbore/Hidden Hand

Double Edit: Shaxx just gave me a Longbow with Triple Tap/Perfect Balance or Casket Mag/ Spray n Play. How is the SLR10 scope?

If you are currently playing, don't change characters or you might not get back on.

PSN maintenance is messing up login attempts, but was able to play when I was already in (got the maintenance message while I was playing)

I can't believe the only reason I'm buying Rise of Iron is a black Ghorn.

That is all the reason you ever need. Even a nerfed Ghorn is a marvellous thing.

I'm looking forward to a good Destiny session today when I finish work. The Euros are on a break and it's time to shoot some things in the face and try my Grasp rolls out.

Number45

I assume there's no likelihood of some kind of digital deluxe edition? Haven't pre-ordered yet, on the assumption that another option will appear at some point.

Korosenai

Disgusting behaviour, have you deleted your account yet?

Today marks a month clean for me, If I hit two months my Titan's getting deleted, Three will be my hunter

Soon when I actually feel like getting on the game lol. It's funny though because I get more excited at the thought of deleting my characters than I do actually playing the game.

Only thing really keeping me from it is the fact it deletes all of my stuff on destiny tracker.

Soon when I actually feel like getting on the game lol. It's funny though because I get more excited at the thought of deleting my characters than I do actually playing the game.

Only thing really keeping me from it is the fact it deletes all of my stuff on destiny tracker.

Same, I might even just do the Titan tonight :d

Lnkn52

I assume there's no likelihood of some kind of digital deluxe edition? Haven't pre-ordered yet, on the assumption that another option will appear at some point.

They've said there weren't going to be a CE (ROI) to avoid confusion like TTK. So I doubt there will be a DE.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to delete any of my characters. Already deleted 1x Titan and 2x Hunters previously. The grind on new characters is unreal and no way would I want to do that again if, even after months of not playing, I got the urge to play again.

Tjamato88

I passed out last night mid playthrough last night. I didn't even redeem any of my drops haha

I did get a 1000 Yard Stare from a Vanguard rank up package though. I'm just going to keep grinding up my Vanguard rank and my Gunsmith rank. I hit 310 LL last night.

Is the only way to rank up the Gunsmith to use those field test weapons?

ch4fx_

I'm just going to keep grinding up my Vanguard rank and my Gunsmith rank. I hit 310 LL last night

Work on crucible/faction rep as well, ranking up in those will net you the same type of rewards as vanguard rank ups.

You'll also be fine in CoE, shoot me a message when we're both online & I'll run a card with you.

if not tonight, I'll be on all weekend.

Tjamato88

Work on crucible/faction rep as well, ranking up in them will net you the same type of rewards as vanguard rank ups.

You'll also be fine in CoE, shoot me a message when we're both online & I'll run a card with you.

Sure sounds good! I might be on tonight and I'll hit you up.

cr0w

Old Member
Work on crucible/faction rep as well, ranking up in them will net you the same type of rewards as vanguard rank ups.

Thanks for the CoE runs last night, by the way. If I'm online and you need a partner, find me anytime. Also sorry for the momentary bitching about my shitty weekend.

ch4fx_

Thanks for the CoE runs last night, by the way. If I'm online and you need a partner, find me anytime. Also sorry for the momentary bitching about my shitty weekend.

Anytime dude! & conversation, bitching or nonbitching, is part of the fun -- no need to be sorry 8). Not to mention you did have a shit weekend, so you were well within your bounds.

Hope to play again soon, don't be a stranger!

shermas

I passed out last night mid playthrough last night. I didn't even redeem any of my drops haha

I did get a 1000 Yard Stare from a Vanguard rank up package though. I'm just going to keep grinding up my Vanguard rank and my Gunsmith rank. I hit 310 LL last night.

Is the only way to rank up the Gunsmith to use those field test weapons?

Yep.. Field test those weapons. This is a great week. No crucible weapons.

When I was ranking up, I used a lot of motes/heavy to rank up factions. Equip whatever drop you get, then do it again. Drops will be above your current LL (up until 310). If you run CoE, you can get a high level weapon (30k) and armor piece (90k), as well. Court of Oryx will help with a high LL artifact, too.

SpecX

Any word of if Trials will be up tomorrow? Haven't seen any fixes come through and I want to really know out some more bounties to try for some better gear.

Arrrammis

Any word of if Trials will be up tomorrow? Haven't seen any fixes come through and I want to really know out some more bounties to try for some better gear.

No official word yet, but since there hasn't been a patch that fixed the bug yet, I'm assuming we will have no trials this weekend. We might hear something from the weekly update, though.

Tjamato88

Yep.. Field test those weapons. This is a great week. No crucible weapons.

When I was ranking up, I used a lot of motes/heavy to rank up factions. Equip whatever drop you get, then do it again. Drops will be above your current LL (up until 310). If you run CoE, you can get a high level weapon (30k) and armor piece (90k), as well. Court of Oryx will help with a high LL artifact, too.

Can I still see what's for sale from the vendors in the Destiny app? I couldn't find it if I could.

Is there a max level for factions?

deviant1

I've been out of the loop (wife and I had our son last Friday), why were Trials and IB canceled? I become Dad, Destiny is really Dad. Maybe I'll be able to play once ROI is out :(

Faction packages go up to 330, but gunsmith packages go up to 335 iirc.

Gunsmith maxes out at 330 too.

Can I still see what's for sale from the vendors in the Destiny app? I couldn't find it if I could.

Is there a max level for factions?

The app does show what the vendors are selling. Bring the menu up and it should be in the list along with things like grimoire, gear, stats etc.

Once in the vendor section you should have a list of all vendors and a list of the various ipad collection vault things. Select one of them for their individual wares.

Tjamato88

The app does show what the vendors are selling. Bring the menu up and it should be in the list along with things like grimoire, gear, stats etc.

Once in the vendor section you should have a list of all vendors and a list of the various ipad collection vault things. Select one of them for their individual wares.

Found it! Thanks

Top Bottom