• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Got an auto rifle from tanix that I had not seen before. "Does Not Bow"

persistence, perfect balance, glass half full, red dot OES

seems to fire at about 3/4 of full speed.

It just says unable to connect. No error code, and a very vague message which doesn't say much other than "you can't connect, try a bunch of basic things like resetting router."

Other games are fine.

Not checked NAT settings...nor do I know what they are. I'll google it, thanks for the idea.

could be NAT, but try rebuilding database or reinstalling the game like mentioned in a previous post

Is there an efficient way to boost ones faction rep other than buying heavy synths from Xur? I'd like to hit 25 in New Monarchy this weekend, but I don't want to deplete my SC stash.

Popping a booster & running strikes, perhaps?

Farm ether seeds from Draksis then buy heavy from Variks

^what he said, or farm glimmer to buy weapon parts for rep donation

weapon parts level up faction slightly faster than heavy synth

if you have spare motes of light, dump them into your faction

any ascendant/radiant mats from vog and crota can be converted into motes and/or glimmer from the speaker

Got an auto rifle from tanix that I had not seen before. "Does Not Bow"

persistence, perfect balance, glass half full, red dot OES

seems to fire at about 3/4 of full speed.

decent roll on that AR but it's outmatched by likes of doctrine, soulstealer and DO AR

Lee

Ran king's fall for the first time in weeks last night. Shut off my Xbox at the end without going to orbit. DIM is showing nothing in my post master so I guess all of those drops are gone? I think I had heard about that being an issue but never experienced it myself before. Oh well.

Homeboyd

Ran king's fall for the first time in weeks last night. Shut off my Xbox at the end without going to orbit. DIM is showing nothing in my post master so I guess all of those drops are gone? I think I had heard about that being an issue but never experienced it myself before. Oh well.
? You got drops during the raid and now aren't seeing them anywhere? They should definitely be there. Though you could've also gotten nothing but shards. That's still a thing for some reason. You should've gotten armor or weapons at some point though.

Lee

? You got drops during the raid and now aren't seeing them anywhere? They should definitely be there. Though you could've also gotten nothing but shards. That's still a thing for some reason. You should've gotten armor or weapons at some point though.

Characters are all pretty full so wasn't able to pick things up as I went. I thought it was just King's Fall but this makes it sound like it's true of all drops in the game.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13965

Closing the Destiny application, logging out, switching characters, getting disconnected due to networking issues, or powering off your console without first Returning to Orbit will cause all items remaining on the ground to be permanently lost.

WeTeHa

Characters are all pretty full so wasn't able to pick things up as I went. It's a known issue with King's Fall that you have to go to orbit in order for drops to actually make it to your postmaster:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13965
Not just kings fall. Everything in destiny. But it's especially noticable with raids because you get more stuff ( and kings fall has the problem that it drops your loot as engrams instead of giving it to you like crota/vog)

The same goes for checkpoints. Ifyou grab a cp and switch characters without going to orbit, you generally don't save the cp.

Dez_

Quoting for truth. I was helping a couple of my raid buddies run some crucible for that quest a couple nights ago. Weren't doing too bad at all till we went into some elimination. That's obviously where top level Trials players practice cause DAMN we got wrecked. I literally felt like one guy knew where I was going to be before I was. Think the last game I had a 0.17 KDR; made me want to stop playing video games all together, lol.

I just don't play the 3v3 modes enough, control or clash is more my play style.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, trying out one elimination for the first time in forever on Burning Shrine (a map I am unfamiliar with since I started in year 2). Ran into a team of extremely good players, with scarab emblems and everything. I think one player on our team got a single kill and that was it: every match ended in less than 30 seconds. It didn't matter if we pushed or not, we must have been the most predictable people in the world. I wasn't even mad, it happened so fast. I was just astounded at the skill gap there.

Needless to say, I don't feel like playing any more elimination for a bit, but I do feel the need to practice a bit more in skirmish in order to practice 3's in general. I realize that one of the hardest things for me in pvp is how to position myself correctly into an advantageous position.

Lee

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44884/7_Resuming-Crucible-Special-Events

Trials will be back today. Map: Black Shield

IB on for next week too.

There is also endgame loot to be won by those of you who can excel in combat against the most dangerous combatant in the world of Destiny – each other!

ZvAQObr.png

SpecX

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44884/7_Resuming-Crucible-Special-Events

Trials will be back today. Map: Black Shield

IB on for next week too.

Glad IB is back, but damn I forgot I'm going camping next weekend. Going to have to play hard and get to rank 5 by Friday morning or else I miss out this time around. Is it even possible to get multiple characters to rank 5 before the weekend? not going to abandon my family for this, but curious how much work am I looking at.

Lee

Glad IB is back, but damn I forgot I'm going camping next weekend. Going to have to play hard and get to rank 5 by Friday morning or else I miss out this time around. Is it even possible to get multiple characters to rank 5 before the weekend? not going to abandon my family for this, but curious how much work am I looking at.

Save your bounties and turn them in Monday night? Will you be back by then?

I've done it. But obviously it takes a LONG time.

This game needs more dailies, and more variety in those daily mission and strike playlists.

I'd jump in for a short spell every night or two if there was something more to do than just a single short story mission. And even then it tends to be a mission I've played too many times already because the rotation is TTK only and doesn't include *all* story missions.

Three daily missions, chosen from the entire library of missions would be a lot better than what little is there right now.

Dave_6

Yeah I've never understood it. Regardless of how much I might get frustrated with the game and/or Bungie, I've got way too much time invested to just delete a character. Just take a 4 month break like I did early this year.

Is there an efficient way to boost ones faction rep other than buying heavy synths from Xur? I'd like to hit 25 in New Monarchy this weekend, but I don't want to deplete my SC stash.

Popping a booster & running strikes, perhaps?

You should get 44 rep for the scan and kill enemies patrols and 55 for VIP (assuming you have a VG rep class item equipped). With a team, this can go very fast.

Heroics w/ a rep booster and streak give 240 rep per strike. It's not bad rep/hour tbh, but again you can get stuck with crappy randoms or annoying strikes like Undying Mind. Although, with the new modifiers heroic strikes could go a bit faster and be more fun.

Listen to this man, even though Patrol can put you to sleep. For Strikes, with the modifiers, like 2/3 people have zhalo or Bolt Caster, they should take 9-12 minutes--you can kill the Undying Mind in a 2-3 reps if everyone's on point.

Going to log-on now to do some Engram farming.
Edit: Actually, I need boots for my Hunter. Anyone up for CoE real fast?

Todd your very specific drawing skills have been requested for a job:

The people want you to do draw this. LOL

:eyes: Not sure how to feel about this... Is Todd still alive in order to see this post? Only time will tell.

Also, Black Shield sounds like another good week to continue my Trials hiatus.

Listen to this man, even though Patrol can put you to sleep. For Strikes, with the modifiers, like 2/3 people have zhalo or Bolt Caster, they should take 9-12 minutes--you can kill the Undying Mind in a 2-3 reps if everyone's on point.

Going to log-on now to do some Engram farming.
Edit: Actually, I need boots for my Hunter. Anyone up for CoE real fast?

Undying mind is easy with the current burn. They all are. Double nades with catapult...if it's this easy week to week I am going to keep doing strikes. I think that patrol is more rep per hour, but strikes are less mind numbing and can be fun, with a booster it works out.

Hahaha aint nothing wrong with grown men playing video games on a bed! I've done it before in my small room when I lived with my parents. Y'all have dirty minds, SMH.

In other news, this map is MEH. Dark Souls and Uncharted 2 weekend, for me.

Sane_Man

The crucible questline wasn't anywhere near as hard as I feared. Only took me a few hours. I just need Golgy and Oryx challenge mode for the rumoured year 2 triumph now.

Frenden

Banned
I was kinda tempted to delete my Titan to make a human instead of an exo (I have three exos, RIP GRIMOIRE), but the subclasses take so fucking long to level.

I was kinda tempted to delete my Titan to make a human instead of an exo (I have three exos, RIP GRIMOIRE), but the subclasses take so fucking long to level.
Lol, I've been thinking the same thing for the longest time. Can't make up my mind. RIP the max grimiore dream.

Top Bottom