• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

LTWood12

Wat.

tytytytty.gif

You doing a train tonight?

Gonna need to give that a try. Need to get out of using pulse rifles so much, been wanting to use more auto rifles and scouts (besides Mida).
I have been having lots of fun (and moderate success) with a Cocytus. Any of the open maps suit it well.

I personally can't find a pulse rifle I like. None of them feel good. Remember Year One pulse?! So much better :)

Mindlog

Why do people keep using the chart to reference hunters are popular and that's why they nerfed them? The chart says nothing at all about popularity of subclasses, unless I'm missing something. It's about K/D ratios. If some subclasses are more effective at killing people/ not dying than others, that seems like an important piece of data in a game that's about that very thing. I'm sure it's not the only thing they're looking at.
I'll make a prediction right here. If Bungie doesn't change its method of balance Strikers will be getting a nerf in about 6 months. Striker movement is fun and it has a strong neutral game with a shutdown super. The only thing that could keep Striker use in check is inertia.
So like, start using trip mines the way they were intended.
The way they were intended? That's a very peculiar statement two years into the game.

cakely

I thought Trip Mines were supposed to be nerfed?

I'm still getting one shot by them and I run max armor.

They don't stick to other players anymore. If you run right through the middle of the cone when they go off, they'll still kill you.

I'm closing in on 50 exotic engrams so far...these better be useful when ROI comes out!

Same, have 50+ in vault + postmaster.

Can someone help me? I keep getting an error message when trying to connect to the destiny servers on PS4.

I moved to a new country, but I'm not sure if that's the issue (I also have no idea how to fix if it is) because I'm still within Europe.
It's not my internet connection, while I don't have the best connection, it's good enough for other online games.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Or at least what the problem is?

What error? Some errors are specific to poor/unstable connections, others not so much - so it depends on what error you are getting. Also check your NAT settings, if your'e on type 3 then you'll have issues connecting to Destiny. Are you able to play other online games without issues?

This is not borne out in the 2016 balancing of the game.

Year 2 - everything was average.

|OT 42| Become meh-gend.

Dthomp

I gotta say, that I HATE that Shaxx puts Elimination in the rotation for win one game in. This mode is hella terrible if you aren't a top level player, sucks any enjoyment for PVP out of my system in like 2 minutes

So I'm looking for 5 people to help clear the KF raid on hard. I have the Oryx CP.

Fair warning, I'm still learning all the mechanics. The rando group I was with last night couldn't get it done.

PSN: Reluctant-Hero

I gotta say, that I HATE that Shaxx puts Elimination in the rotation for win one game in. This mode is hella terrible if you aren't a top level player, sucks any enjoyment for PVP out of my system in like 2 minutes
I had a partner the other night that rushed the first three rounds (without me and the other guy) and was always the first to die. We managed to win the second round but the second we lost the third, the rusher quit. Leaving just me and the other guy. And he only hardscopes from spawn. Brutal plays.

That said, it only took me a few games to get the win for the bounty.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tripmine nerf really took out the fun with gunslinger. I'm finding myself having fun with a Titan again.

This is the nerf gun Bungie uses.

VVbHgOl.jpg

sajj316

Rusty raiding done for the week! Nice job fellas!

Rayuma
SpecX
RcmDez
Ch4fx
Dpsiph

Special appearance by Deadly Tacoz to help clear daughters and oryx

SpecX

I feel your pain, but it is possible to pull off a win. Last elimination match I played with random, we went 0 - 4 and somehow came back to win.

Rayuma
SpecX
RcmDez
Ch4fx
Dpsiph

Thanks for the run guys. Sorry about a few of the mistakes causing us to wipe, but this was a hell of a lot smoother than that first run. Gained 3 LL but in serious need of a ghost as mines still at 320. Hoping for some good IB drops.

Dez_

Rayuma
SpecX
RcmDez
Ch4fx
Dpsiph

It was a pleasure as always everyone! Would love to be on some more for some pvp games later on.

Sane_Man

I'm so confused by the crucible quest line stuff. Do I just need to do the quests with the red hexagon and two swords in the middle? I also have specific hunter crucible quests (for instance, defeat opposing guardians caught in your smoke). Do I need to do these too?

SnakeEyes

Banned
40mins after rollover and no one's posted where Xur is. Don't worry guys, I've got this.

Contents:
Mk.44 Stand Asides (Titan Boots, Disc/Str)
Lucky Raspberry (Hunter Chest, Int/Disc)
Claws of Ahamkara (Warlock Gauntlets, Str)
Patience and Time (Sniper, Arc)
Legacy Helmet Engram

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm so confused by the crucible quest line stuff. Do I just need to do the quests with the red hexagon and two swords in the middle? I also have specific hunter crucible quests (for instance, defeat opposing guardians caught in your smoke). Do I need to do these too?
The Crucible quests unlock weekly Crucible bounties that can grant rewards similar to Nightfall payouts. They're also apparently involved in the completion requirements for Year 2 Moments of Triumph.

Sane_Man

The Crucible quests unlock weekly Crucible bounties that can grant rewards similar to Nightfall payouts. They're also apparently involved in the completion requirements for Year 2 Moments of Triumph.

Cheers. So I just need to non class specific ones? Really don't want to bother with smoke grenade kills etc.

Greddleok

Have you tried all the basic things like restarting ps4. Testing the Internet connection in the ps4 network section. Restarting the router?

Yup, tried those and no luck.

Maybe try restoring licences? It might also be that there was some different localization thing when you moved (Since you're still in EU, i don't think this would be the problem, but I'm not sure what else it might be), uninstalling and then reinstalling should fix that if it's a problem.

I tried restoring licences before coming to ask for help, didn't work. I also just uninstalled and reinstalled but no change.

Any more ideas? The Destiny help section on the website has not been any help at all!

GutZ31

Yup, tried those and no luck.

I tried restoring licences before coming to ask for help, didn't work. I also just uninstalled and reinstalled but no change.

Any more ideas? The Destiny help section on the website has not been any help at all!

You could try a full restore of the game and licences.
It is a little bit of an ordeal, but better than some other options. I had problems with a game before, and had to do this.

So, I contacted customer service again today, and finally was given some proper instructions from a very nice lady named [REDACTED].
I was instructed to delete my game again, turn off the PS4, and unplug it for 3 minutes.
After the 3 minutes, plug it back in, press and hold the power button for 7-8 seconds, or until I hear a second beep.
In "Safe Mode", select "Rebuild Database", the system restarts, and takes you back to normal boot to rebuild.
After it was done rebuilding, I was able to download the game from my library finally!
Renewed Licenses as told by [REDACTED] after the download was done.
Everything is as it should be finally.

Thanks again [REDACTED], you were a huge help!

Greddleok

What error? Some errors are specific to poor/unstable connections, others not so much - so it depends on what error you are getting. Also check your NAT settings, if your'e on type 3 then you'll have issues connecting to Destiny. Are you able to play other online games without issues?

It just says unable to connect. No error code, and a very vague message which doesn't say much other than "you can't connect, try a bunch of basic things like resetting router."

Other games are fine.

Not checked NAT settings...nor do I know what they are. I'll google it, thanks for the idea.

noomi

Been using the supercell in crucible, feels super evil.... doing pretty well with it.

Not sure if I should be trying to go for range or stability with it....

Dave_6

Quoting for truth. I was helping a couple of my raid buddies run some crucible for that quest a couple nights ago. Weren't doing too bad at all till we went into some elimination. That's obviously where top level Trials players practice cause DAMN we got wrecked. I literally felt like one guy knew where I was going to be before I was. Think the last game I had a 0.17 KDR; made me want to stop playing video games all together, lol.

I just don't play the 3v3 modes enough, control or clash is more my play style.

ch4fx_

Is there an efficient way to boost ones faction rep other than buying heavy synths from Xur? I'd like to hit 25 in New Monarchy this weekend, but I don't want to deplete my SC stash.

Popping a booster & running strikes, perhaps?

Is there an efficient way to boost ones faction rep other than buying heavy synths from Xur? I'd like to hit 25 in New Monarchy this weekend, but I don't want to deplete my SC stash.

Farm ether seeds from Draksis then buy heavy from Variks

Patrol is the fastest. Just find route and do the kill enemies, VIP and scan objectives. It goes faster if you have a fireteam. I usually do earth and make my way towards Rocket Yard.

Heroic strikes w/ a booster isn't bad but not as fast. You might have to deal with crappy randos as well.

If you have lots of MoL you could donate some of those for a quick rank up too.

stay gold

Xur's items haven't been relevant since the first week of TTK when 3oC were introduced.

He's basically a heavy ammo & 3oC vendor at this point. They might as well just leave him up all week.

I just wish he'd sell the Tarantella since I can't get it to drop for the life of me.

GG's last night to everyone in the train!

We could totally feel the SBMM pull as more people joined up.

First run we had 4 people with all levels of crucible skill. We did great! Everyone was 1.0 KD or higher. We started to feel the tug at 5 people, but we kept on winning.

It all went sideways when we got a full team. Our first match with six pulled us right against 3 red bars and the most amazing sniper I've ever seen on Cauldron.

From then on it was up and down but always sweaty. By the end we were facing teams of 5 and 6.

On the plus side our last match we loaded in against just one guy, he left, and we won immediately.

ch4fx_

Farm ether seeds from Draksis then buy heavy from Variks

Never though of this one, thanks dude! I've already got 60 something of them ready to go, but seeing their 1:1 conversion rate lets me know I'll need plenty more.

Patrol is the fastest. Just find route and do the kill enemies, VIP and scan objectives. It goes faster if you have a fireteam. I usually do earth and make my way towards Rocket Yard.

Heroic strikes w/ a booster isn't bad but not as fast. You might have to deal with crappy randos as well.

If you have lots of MoL you could donate some of those for a quick rank up too.

I did notice the other night I was getting 100+ faction rep per Strike, while the most I've gotten while on patrol was 25 rep. Is patrol more efficient because you can knock more of them out in the same time you can complete 1 strike, thus acquiring "more points/hour" type thing?

& I have MoL on hand, but I'm hesitant about depleting any of my resources completely.
im one of those gamers that hordes consumables/resources until the end of the game.. & never uses them.
That said, the NM Cloak is the only exotic faction I'm (currently) interest in, so I'll probably end up donating whatever I need to hit 25 ASAP & then start building my resources back up.

Thanks for the response guys, I appreciate it!

I did notice the other night I was getting 100+ faction rep per Strike, while the most I've gotten while on patrol was 25 rep. Is patrol more efficient because you can knock more of them out in the same time you can complete 1 strike, thus acquiring "more points/hour" type thing
You should get 44 rep for the scan and kill enemies patrols and 55 for VIP (assuming you have a VG rep class item equipped). With a team, this can go very fast.

Heroics w/ a rep booster and streak give 240 rep per strike. It's not bad rep/hour tbh, but again you can get stuck with crappy randoms or annoying strikes like Undying Mind. Although, with the new modifiers heroic strikes could go a bit faster and be more fun.

ch4fx_

You should get 44 rep for the scan and kill enemies patrols and 55 for VIP (assuming you have a VG rep class item equipped). With a team, this can go very fast.

Heroics w/ a rep booster and streak give 240 rep per strike. It's not bad rep/hour tbh, but again you can get stuck with crappy randoms or annoying strikes like Undying Mind. Although, with the new modifiers heroic strikes could go a bit faster and be more fun.

My numbers were WAYYYY off, damn. LOL! Thanks again for the info, it appears I have some patrol to do this weekend.

Top Bottom