• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Frenden

Banned
Did you already use your Taken King level 25 booster item thing?

No, but that doesn't do jack for the subclasses IIRC. You'd have to buy those extremely expensive boosters.

Lol, I've been thinking the same thing for the longest time. Can't make up my mind. RIP the max grimiore dream.

Yeah. It's just not happening for me. I could lose the faction rep and be cool with it now--that's been made pretty trivial to make up. But the subclasses take waaaaaay too fucking long.

Warlock Exo.

Awoken Hunter.

Human Titan.

SMART. If only I had known.

The Grimoire cards for Race are worth 0 points, so you can still get max Grimoire (afaik) with three of the same characters.

Don't pull an Inapp by deleting your Titan so you can re-level a new one just for the 0 point cards.

Moa

pp2SIgn.png

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=44802

Totally. My ideal loadout would be like the Vanguard.

Human Warlock.

Exo Hunter.

Awoken Titan.

But I started with Exo Warlock because I never thought I would make any other characters. Boy was I wrong.

Mine came because some kids over my house wanted to play, so they made a Warlock.
And then he got him to Level 8 or so, and I said F it later, and just kept playing.

I've thought about using that free booster to 25, but I'm not sure I care that much.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
a few questions about Handcannons. I recently got the First Curse and while I was looking into what other quests I can do, I realised that I need the Last Word to start the Chaperone quest. is the only way to get the Last Word right now by praying to RNGesus? and while we're at it, what's a good way to farm Exotics anyway? I just doesn't seem to get any luck on those even with a 3 of coins used. also in line of Handcannon questions, is Thorn still good for messing around with in PvP?

SpecX

a few questions about Handcannons. I recently got the First Curse and while I was looking into what other quests I can do, I realised that I need the Last Word to start the Chaperone quest. is the only way to get the Last Word right now by praying to RNGesus? and while we're at it, what's a good way to farm Exotics anyway? I just doesn't seem to get any luck on those even with a 3 of coins used. also in line of Handcannon questions, is Thorn still good for messing around with in PvP?

You can buy it from the Weapons Kiosk if you owned a Y1 version, otherwise RNG or Xur whenever he sells it again are your only choices. There's tons of discussions here on when and how to use 3ofC, you can farm Draksis which was one of the original methods, use them during PvP, or use them every few strikes. I have yet to find a good way without burning myself out and just use them during Heroic strikes which tends to give me an exotic engram every 3 or so strikes while leveling up factions and vanguard reps.

FyreWulff

Wow, I'd be outraged if I only owned the previous gen games, but it's time to move on.

From what i've heard, those events are pretty thin on last gen as it is. Sounds closer to a playlist consolidation strategy.

You would think stuff like festival etc would just rotate forever tho

Homeboyd

I wish 3oC would go away and they'd make more activities capable of dropping exotics. Used to heroic strikes and crucible matches could drop them randomly. Pls revert.

Guys, I haven't played Destiny in a while so my friends and I got back into it this week and I max out at 315 light with a 319 primary. My two friends are about the same. What chance do we have in Osiris? Will going up against max light players mean a significant disparity in damage?

I dunno. Something about 3oC feels not good.
I sorta know what you mean. They should have it so bosses can drops exotics even without 3oC. That would add some of the excitement back. I remember when I got my first exotic from a strike. It was felt great. Plan C the Fallen Captain killer.

FyreWulff

See, what my thought was, is that IB would keep running after the split, but they'd bump up the light so you could kinda sorta jump across after upgrading. but guess not

also Xur note

Xûr, Agent of the Nine
Xûr will continue to appear in the Tower or the Reef on Legacy Consoles. The following changes will be made to Xûr's inventory on Legacy Consoles:

Individual Exotic Weapons and Armor pieces will no longer be sold by Xûr.
Encrypted Exotic Engrams will be sold. These will decrypt into Year 2 Exotics.
Encrypted Legacy Engrams will continue to be sold. These will decrypt into Year 1 Exotics.
Heavy Ammo Synthesis, Three of Coins, Vehicle Upgrades, Motes of Light, and Glass Needles will continue to be sold.

going engrams only, so if you're legacy at this point and want a guaranteed drop, now's the time

edit: they should also at least add the PS strike to the 360's rotation, since that almost assuredly has already been tested to run on the 360.

Trakan

I sorta know what you mean. They should have it so bosses can drops exotics even without 3oC. That would add some of the excitement back. I remember when I got my first exotic from a strike. It was felt great. Plan C the Fallen Captain killer.

They should go back to the exotics being good and getting them purely from RNG.

E92 M3

See, what my thought was, is that IB would keep running after the split, but they'd bump up the light so you could kinda sorta jump across after upgrading. but guess not

also Xur note

Xûr, Agent of the Nine
Xûr will continue to appear in the Tower or the Reef on Legacy Consoles. The following changes will be made to Xûr's inventory on Legacy Consoles:

Individual Exotic Weapons and Armor pieces will no longer be sold by Xûr.
Encrypted Exotic Engrams will be sold. These will decrypt into Year 2 Exotics.
Encrypted Legacy Engrams will continue to be sold. These will decrypt into Year 1 Exotics.
Heavy Ammo Synthesis, Three of Coins, Vehicle Upgrades, Motes of Light, and Glass Needles will continue to be sold.

going engrams only, so if you're legacy at this point and want a guaranteed drop, now's the time

edit: they should also at least add the PS strike to the 360's rotation, since that almost assuredly has already been tested to run on the 360.

Seems like I should hop on another console to pick up engrams before the full split lol.

They should go back to the exotics being good and getting them purely from RNG.

Only Year One players will know that feeling. Dat Gjallarhorn drop... so good.gif

Did bungie f'up matchmaking again? I'm getting matched with folks from who knows where.
Again? Were you under the impression it was fixed? :)
The community is tiny compared to previous eras and any emphasis on skill-based matchmaking will result in a wide net being cast.

FyreWulff

Alright, I've decided I'm going to make a serious attempt to get and complete the 360 Destiny (PS3 shares trophies so no point there) while the gettin's good. If anyone else here still has their 360 copy.. hit me up. I'll try to get going in a week or two. Had to take a third shift job to deal with an emergency though so I'll be on late nights on my free days.

Top Bottom