• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Zombine

Banned
So I'm working on the Sleeper Simulant quest line today, and I got to the point where I have to do the random events for the items. I started the earth random event, completed it, but didn't get the item I need? Any idea on what I did wrong?

I'm getting fed up with Destiny.

I had a 19GB patch download last week and I have another huge patch today.

I've only spent one hour playing the game and probably 10+ hours downloading updates.

GutZ31

So I'm working on the Sleeper Simulant quest line today, and I got to the point where I have to do the random events for the items. I started the earth random event, completed it, but didn't get the item I need? Any idea on what I did wrong?
Press triangle on the core, and it should show a diagram of things to install. Click the ones in that show you can, then move on.

GutZ31

I'm getting fed up with Destiny.

I had a 19GB patch download last week and I have another huge patch today.

I've only spent one hour playing the game and probably 10+ hours downloading updates.
It is indeed frustrating, but I can assure you, you have already downloaded the full patch. The thing it's doing now is probably "preparing to download", a very annoying patch mechanic that scans all 19GB+ of patches, and only try's to download the ones you need.
It can take up to 20 minutes just to prepare, then take seconds for the download.

Edit:shameless double post.

It is indeed frustrating, but I can assure you, you have already downloaded the full patch. The thing it's doing now is probably "preparing to download", a very annoying patch mechanic that scans all 19GB+ of patches, and only try's to download the ones you need.
It can take up to 20 minutes just to prepare, then take seconds for the download.
Ah ok. I'll check again in a few minutes.

ToO is so hard. The map is meh, too many sniper rifles... The Lighthouse seems so far away :-(

Black Shield is one of the worst/toughest maps for Trials and 3s in general. Your best bet it to move together as a team, set up flanks, be extra cautious of sniper lanes. Outside of that, sometimes it's just a camp fest and you have to play the point :(

I have two Doctrines of Passing. They have the same perks except one has Hidden Habd and the other has Rangefinder. Which would you guys say is the better perk for that gun?

I have two Doctrines of Passing. They have the same perks except one has Hidden Habd and the other has Rangefinder. Which would you guys say is the better perk for that gun?
I'm pretty sure Hidden Hand is better than rangefinder on the Doctrine, so go with that one for now.

But if you ever get one with Counterbalance, that is the best roll you can get on the Doctrine.

I'm pretty sure Hidden Hand is better than rangefinder on the Doctrine, so go with that one for now.

But if you ever get one with Counterbalance, that is the best roll you can get on the Doctrine.
Whoa speak of the devil I just got a third Doctrine with Counterbalance hahaha
Is this a better roll?
idt0uFQ.jpg

Doctrine with Counterbalance is THE Doctrine roll. It's a shadow of its former self since the last two balance patches, but it's still very good up close.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Unfortunately I am feeling pretty under the weather today, will have to reschedule my KF newb raid. Most likely will be to Thursday the 30th.

As much as I hate the Apple of Discord, for some reason its the only gun where 90% of the time the perks are godroll.

Like, seriously, its always headseeker, Glass HF, Rangefinder, Crowd Control, CB...

GutZ31

Unfortunately I am feeling pretty under the weather today, will have to reschedule my KF newb raid. Most likely will be to Thursday the 30th.
Hawk, if you have a full group, I can fill in for you if you would like. If it hasn't filled up, just reschedule and get better soon bro.

I haven't played in awhile, maybe 5-6 months. I stopped playing because I was getting really crap gear in the HM raid, a bunch of runs and stuck at I think 313/314 light. I logged on yesterday for a little, and a little lost on how to increase light level. Most of my friends stopped playing so I don't have a group to raid with. Also it says that challenge of the elders is recommended 320 light. What is the best way to increase light?

Can you do CoE at 313/314?
Thanks

I'm just now noticing that Warlock solar grenades causes all shots to become critical when enemies are trapped in them.

Was this always the case?
They changed Viking Funeral to where it does that when you burn people with grenades+touch of flame. It was a part of the whole Sunsinger nerf to try and tone down the burning for PvP.

They changed Viking Funeral to where it does that when you burn people with grenades+touch of flame. It was a part of the whole Sunsinger nerf to try and tone down the burning for PvP.

Ah okay. I knew it couldnt have always been this way. It works pretty slick with explosive rounds, too!

ch4fx_

Hit level 25 in NM & received the Space Ferrari in my package 8). Now to finish this quest so I can get the cloak
that I'll never wear

I haven't played in awhile, maybe 5-6 months. I stopped playing because I was getting really crap gear in the HM raid, a bunch of runs and stuck at I think 313/314 light. I logged on yesterday for a little, and a little lost on how to increase light level. Most of my friends stopped playing so I don't have a group to raid with. Also it says that challenge of the elders is recommended 320 light. What is the best way to increase light?

Can you do CoE at 313/314?
Thanks
Easily. Especially this week.

dc89

Hello DestinyGAF

I've got back into the game, playing a Warlock at the moment.
I got a Seraph II helmet and the little armour quote has hit me in the feels;

"Maybe we were someplace good, you know. And then the Ghosts took us away."

Arrrammis

It's a shame that Crota's End and Vault of Glass never got raised to year 2 levels. Having content just languish is a major problem with the game right now.
Agreed, I wish that Bungie would at least make the armor infusable. VoG armor is still one of the best looking sets in the game, and there aren't any special perks on the armor, so there shouldn't be a problem at all!

zeelman

Agreed, I wish that Bungie would at least make the armor infusable. VoG armor is still one of the best looking sets in the game, and there aren't any special perks on the armor, so there shouldn't be a problem at all!
They also have all purpose heavy and special ammo perks. No need to hunt for specific ammo perks.

shingi70

Banned
The thing is, Bungie talked about not wanting to just add more health to year one raids, but in essence isn't thats what's been done with with PoE.

Starting on a Hunter this week, and then a Titan next week to play with my girlfriend.

They also have all purpose heavy and special ammo perks. No need to hunt for specific ammo perks.
To be honest, that's probably why they don't let you infuse them up because it would make all the other armor useless because these armors have better ammo perks. If they ever bring that gear back, it will be with the revamped versions of the raid with specific ammo perks to put them in line with all the other armor pieces.

SonComet

So after sitting on the quests for months I finally finished the quests for raze lighter, first curse, and the chaperone. The hand cannon accuracy buff finally made those quests possible for me. Can't wait till arms day :).

SnakeEyes

Banned
I got a FWC Vanity Hand Cannon with Firefly, Lightweight, and Luck in the Chamber. Worth keeping if I already have a God-roll Imago Loop?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
4k armor materials, 2k weapon materials, almost 4k strange coins and 9k motes. But I used 5k motes to level up stuff recently. And 2k strange coins were used for three of coins, heavy ammo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's what happens when you play crucible all the time.

And I started playing the game over a month after release. Wasn't around for launch. Playing the game was due to circumstance.

Dthomp

Thanks for the games GAF, my internet apparently decided to explode. Playstation won't connect to the net and my CPU is running like it's dial up all of a sudden.

4k armor materials, 2k weapon materials, almost 4k strange coins and 9k motes. But I used 5k motes to level up stuff recently. And 2k strange coins were used for three of coins, heavy ammo.

9k motes is the most impressive here, damn. Im at 3k in weapon parts, armor materiais and motes. 400 strange coins because i buy heavy ammo every week. 2k heavy ammo i think.

Top Bottom