• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

SpecX

Doesn't work, it is RNG. Some previously claimed that equipping a Y1 item would increase the odds. Hasn't stopped me from getting chests from factions consistently even though I'm wearing a 335 chest.

That is what the subscriptions are for!

Lol I'm so ass backwards and should do this. I used to sub to these threads when they would rotate through in a week and now when they move slow as hell I don't.

Lnkn52

Let's try this again...

Tomorrow, 1:15pm eastern (or 15 mins after the event begins)

Tyler's Banner Train - all are welcome

tylertrain.jpg
There will be some delay at the station

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/747560972206804992

I started another character this past weekend. I hated the face and hairstyle of my current Level 40 Warlock, so I made another one to take her place. Currently sitting at Level 28.

Gonna try and grind to 35 tonight and start moving all of my armor and resources over from my other character.

Also, anyone having a picture of the Spektar Kallipolis Hunter set? I have the OG set on my Hunter, but I'm not having any luck getting the Spektar version. I want to see what it looks like.

Pejo

- The stuff you can buy is just cosmetics really. Loot boxes will have some armor you can infuse up if you want (it starts at 3 light) or some chroma which applies different colored lights on certain armor (armor from loot boxes and faction packages). There are also some other packages that you can buy from earlier, personally I'd go for the SRL package. You can get a cool looking Sparrow as well as some funny horns to use while riding around.
- You can actually get to max light by doing basically anything. You'll get good light gear by doing the weekly endgame stuff, but for the most part crucible and vanguard strikes work well. Packages from factions/vanguard/crucible can drop up to 6 light above your current overall light, so farming them works pretty well too.
- For weekly stuff, you can do the nightfall, but it's not always worth it (especially once you hit light level 330). Challenge of Elders is pretty good, since you get one weapon and one piece of armor per week from Variks, as well as a chance at secondary weapons and ghosts from the Challenge itself. The raid is probably the best boost you'll get, since gear can drop up to 6 light above your current overall (that's the general rule of thumb for legendary drops).
-Sparrow Racing League was a limited time thing in December, and a lot of people want it to come back. It was cool and had some exclusive armor/shaders/etc. that a few people are annoyed that they can't get anymore.

Awesome, looks like it's time to Vanguard for a bit. I heard there's a new Strike I haven't played yet too, with Taken on the Moon. Thanks for all the info!

The game is completely empty when I go to Tower, Reef, or Patrol. Is there something wrong on my end, is it a glitch, or is the game really this dead during prime time?

Also, I have Vanguard boosters if anyone wants to run some strikes.

darthbob

The game is completely empty when I go to Tower, Reef, or Patrol. Is there something wrong on my end, is it a glitch, or is the game really this dead during prime time?

Happens to me as well. If I go to orbit and then re-instance it seems to populate the social spaces again, but the issue has gotten worse in recent patches it feels.

Happens to me as well. If I go to orbit and then re-instance it seems to populate the social spaces again, but the issue has gotten worse in recent patches it feels.

I tried that. I also restarted, but everything is still empty.

Edit: Cycling the internet connection on my PS4 seems like it fixed it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Wow.....Xbox community must be really barren compared to PS4. I'm leveling again because my cousin got an Xbox one and destiny and fired up will of Crota for a quest.....the omnigul strike.....I loaded solo lol.....holy shit

Hoping for Void Burn and Catapult on the Heroics this week. Voidwalker has the power!

Nothing Manacles + Catapult is the most fun you can have in Destiny right now. Adding a void burn would just be amazing.

If only Atheon's Epilogue was viable, there would be no stopping us :)

PD did a podcast with some crucible guys from Bungie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZVfDvXrb34

"Gunslingers were getting more kills with tripmines than Warlocks were with firebolts."

They really have no idea what they're doing. It's apples to oranges. They have nothing to do with one another. Firebolts were not OP because they were getting too many kills. It was about how long they burned, took you out of the action by stopping shield regen, and allowed people to track you through walls.

I'm sure shoulder charge gets way more kills than the throwing knife. Time to nerf the throwing knife!

Shit man sounds easy being a game designer for Bungie.

"No no you see, Bladedancers were getting more kills with blink shotgun than Titans with Shoulder charge. So we had to nerf blink. And shotguns. And tripmine too. Did you know that gunslingers got more kills with tripmines than Hive did with cursed thralls?"

phen0m24

Don't worry, they made it weak for it's real power is in the memories of us all. Terror like none before, many felled by its kiss.

I just want a liiiiiitle more DoT back. Just a bit. I hate rushers. I hate snipers. The Thorn feels exotic when it scares them off. I like it. It doesn't have to be OP, but enough that they're not in there taking it. That makes it feel so lame compared to TLW with its nanosecond TTK

SpecX

Why do people play rift if they don't plan on following the objective? We lost and the top player on out team had 42 kills, 0 carries or attempts to get the spark.

Rehsa

Why do people play rift if they don't plan on following the objective? We lost and the top player on out team had 42 kills, 0 carries or attempts to get the spark.
Yeah did the daily earlier and I was the only motherfucker to pick it up, they kill all the guys then stand there I don't get it

SpecX

What the hell is the point of lag switching in a rift match. We couldn't touch 3 of the players on the team. I need 1 more match win or lose for this bounty and I'm done for the night.

NeOak

Let's try this again...

Tomorrow, 5:15pm eastern (or 15 mins after the event begins - LATE START FOR BUNGIE MAINTENANCE)

Tyler's Banner Train - all are welcome

tylertrain.jpg

"IB is cancelled, sorry Tyler"-Bungie

Edit: in before someone edits your picture with your real avatar :p

Gonna leave this here

6QPPpFE.jpg

I just want a liiiiiitle more DoT back. Just a bit. I hate rushers. I hate snipers. The Thorn feels exotic when it scares them off. I like it. It doesn't have to be OP, but enough that they're not in there taking it. That makes it feel so lame compared to TLW with its nanosecond TTK

You missed our train facing a streamer using Thorn, a Matador 64 with the slide further perk and Rangefinder, and Ash Factory.

He is one of those blink + shotgun abusers.

NeOak

Meanwhile: Late night DestinyGAF discord:

EJFwdj9.png

Will Vaal be torn forever by Hanzo? Will he focus his rage on Iron Banner? Will DrDrizzay return to Destiny? Find out on the next episode of "DestinyGAF Discord"

Thanks bud, I will. Think I'm gonna chase the aganarch one.

It's charge is at 5 outta 7. So when it is at full power I shall squawk for assistance lol

You don't even need the fullycharged rune, someone in your fireteam with a fully charged rune can load it up and that lets you full up yours from 0-7 as long as you get some damage on all the taken majors.

I have a fully charged rune if you want to get it done faster, just let me know when.

Marvel

could never
You don't even need the fullycharged rune, someone in your fireteam with a fully charged rune can load it up and that lets you full up yours from 0-7 as long as you get some damage on all the taken majors.

I have a fully charged rune if you want to get it done faster, just let me know when.
Oh shit, didn't know that. Yes that would be great help!

Nightfall is Undying mind - grounded, match game, catapult and trickle. RIP imago farm.

Heroic strike modifiers - Void burn, fresh troops and catapult.

CoE is Super kill bonus - Berserk and juggler.

Top Bottom