• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Trakan

Another 4 hours scheduled.

PVP towards the end of HoW was the worst ever. Everything was insta-kill with cod levels of ttk.

As for the matchmaking, as far as I know it has always been skill based. The only time there was ever connection based was in Y1 trials. The problem with skill based in Y2 was that when the player population took a nose dive in nov/Dec it became massively noticeable . Player numbers throughout Y1 were always high enough that it was rarely an issue. Bungie just kept refining it over time and now what we have is skill based with some connection preferences but such a low playerbase that it doesn't make a difference if the only 12 people available for a match are each in a different time zone

I really don't believe that the player population took a dive a month or two after TTK released. That's when everybody noticed it and that's when Bungie was in deny mode. Something is drastically different from Y1. I won't say population isn't playing a factor, but it's definitely not the same.

Even if what you're saying was the case, they need to be proactive and disable that kind of thing to reduce lag and sweaty matches when they're happening in 100% of the games.

Scout
nYyYdbq.png

Machine Gun

I really don't believe that the player population took a dive a month or two after TTK released. That's when everybody noticed it and that's when Bungie was in deny mode. Something is drastically different from Y1. I won't say population isn't playing a factor, but it's definitely not the same.

Even if what you're saying was the case, they need to be proactive and disable that kind of thing to reduce lag and sweaty matches when they're happening in 100% of the games.

My friends list went from consistently having 2 pages worth of people on at any time I logged on destiny, to having 1 full page at peak times. It may well be that something was changed between HoW and TTK in December but my feeling has always been player population.

Dave_6

10/10 lore pun

I'll agree that snipers can be really annoying when they instantly headshot you, but it's still nothing compared to HenryLovesPies' patented One-shot bodyshot of enragement strategy.
bJ8xIsv.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN41sqXowI (language warning)

Worth a watch. The age of Strikers is over, the age of the Defender has come!

LOL, "The rape train has no brakes" LMAO I can't stop laughing, this video is hilarious.

pixxxelz

Is court of oryx and the raid the only ways of getting 300+ artifacts and class items? I haven't played the game in a while and now my characters are way behind, I managed to get my hunter and titan to 302 but my warlock its still below 300.

Is court of oryx and the raid the only ways of getting 300+ artifacts and class items? I haven't played the game in a while and now my characters are way behind, I manage to get my hunter and titan to 302 but my warlock its still below 300.
IB, nightfall, ranking up factions, chalenge of elders.
The above will give you items up to 6 ll levels of your current one

Arrrammis

I'm so ready for my first IB on a wired connection. Been stuck on Wi-fi for too long, decided to just buy a 75 ft. ethernet cable and run it through the ceiling, now I can definitively blame the lag on that other guy!

Arrrammis

Are the majority if people in IB light 330 and up? Would a 315 light be doing a lot less damage?

Most people will probably be LL 330+, but 15-20 light isn't a huge deal in PvP. At worst you might see something like 5% less damage, you might just notice that some normal OHKO's (sticky grenades, really low impact sniper headshots) don't quite kill the enemies, but besides that you should be just fine.

Most people will probably be LL 330+, but 15-20 light isn't a huge deal in PvP. At worst you might see something like 5% less damage, you might just notice that some normal OHKO's (sticky grenades, really low impact sniper headshots) don't quite kill the enemies, but besides that you should be just fine.

Thanks, I guess I'll give it a shot.

Sky Walker

Hi Dgaf, it's been awhile.

I stopped playing destiny for alomst 2 months and came back recently.

When I went to the tower, the postmaster gave me 8 Sterling Treasures. Should I save them until Rise of Iron in case of something new was added?

Arrrammis

Hair trigger. But it did get nerfed since everyone was using it. I still use it though.

At least on PS4, you can get the functionality of the hair trigger perk on literally any gun. The R1/L1 buttons only detect if the button is pressed or not, and don't have the incremental measurement that the triggers have. So, if you swap R1 with R2 and L1 with L2 in the custom button mapping (settings>accessability IIRC), then go in to Destiny and change the settings for the controller to switch R1 with R2 and L1 with L2, then you're back to normal controls. The only difference you'll notice is that the prompts are different in the menu, and also every gun now fires like it has hair trigger. I can't word good sometimes, but try it out, it's pretty great!

note: only works for normal controller config, might not work for bumper jumper/other configurations.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
NF x3. Join.

Train later. Love it when I pop all the bounties and I'm already rank 2 without playing a single game.

SpecX

10/10 lore pun

I'll agree that snipers can be really annoying when they instantly headshot you, but it's still nothing compared to HenryLovesPies' patented One-shot bodyshot of enragement strategy.
bJ8xIsv.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN41sqXowI (language warning)

Worth a watch. The age of Strikers is over, the age of the Defender has come!

This is hilarious and has peaked my interest. I'm definitely want to give this a shot now OHK to the body with snipers.

Forgot about Grounded in NF; I'm jumping around like an asshole wondering why I'm dropping so quick lol.
Modifiers suck on pretty much everything this week except Heroics; I'm not sure if I'll even run IB; nothing good to play for.

Top Bottom