• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hate phantom hitboxes. If only the game was more accurate. That's probably my biggest pet peeve except for lag.

SlickVic

Beginner question here, do I still keep earning Vanguard and Crucible reputation for turning in bounties if I join a faction? The in-game description make it sound like it pauses your Vanguard/Crucible rep after joining a faction, but I thought I've heard elsewhere you can earn rep for all of them at the same time.

Beginner question here, do I still keep earning Vanguard and Crucible reputation for turning in bounties if I join a faction? The in-game description make it sound like it pauses your Vanguard/Crucible rep after joining a faction, but I thought I've heard elsewhere you can earn rep for all of them at the same time.

Yes, you will keep earning Vanguard and Crucible rep like usual. Pledging a faction will just add additional faction rep on top of the V/C rep you normally get. I believe you get half as much faction rep iirc.

SlickVic

Yes, you will keep earning Vanguard and Crucible rep like usual. Pledging a faction will just add additional faction rep on top of the V/C rep you normally get. I believe you get half as much faction rep iirc.

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I should've done this a lot earlier before hitting level 35.

NeOak

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I should've done this a lot earlier before hitting level 35.

You may have found information from Year 1. Back then, you put on a class item from the faction and you only got rep for that faction.

They changed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is how you use Fist Burrito. They build orbs, I use them.
cggfgfgfg.gif

cfvfdfgg.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
just picked up destiny for the first time since 1.0
went from level 28->39, light level 125->~205

uh-uhm
what now
<_> get friends to drag me through the other missions one time or such?

uh-uhm
what now

Just play the game and have fun - watch the numbers get bigger! :)

Destiny is the world's best FPS clicker game

Super Fun Destiny Train:

Igor
Frenden
Neo
Pity (you'll get the ghost, hopefully! Or what if it's only a particular rank that it drops)
Moridhin
Jafku

Wow, almost 2 hours since xur arrived and no stock post.

Twilight garrison
Apotheosis veil
Mask of the third man
Bad juju
Legacy helmet engrams

And damn you Amanda! Hurry up and sell some rare ships!

noomi

Wow, almost 2 hours since xur arrived and no stock post.

Twilight garrison
Apotheosis veil
Mask of the third man
Bad juju
Legacy helmet engrams

And damn you Amanda! Hurry up and sell some rare ships!

Well... I still need the Twilight Garrison.... but that means I actually have to log in :/

HAttyboy

Hey,I have a problem with the exotic sword quest, I leveled up my sword to 305 and fully upgraded it and double checked and still havent gotten the mission to start the exotic weapon quest :/

Striker Titan with Shoulder Charge on Drifter is just outright hilarious.

I am also 2 for 2 on crappy drop from IB Rank 5 and Shaxx bounties. Womp Womp. Destiny!

uh-uhm
what now
Buy 3oc from MR Xur's and grind the iron banner for better gear. That's what I'm doing. Last night,first game in IB, got lucky and an exotic engram dropped post game. Turned that batch in and a was gifted a 314 zhalo supercell!

Dave_6

I wasn't ignoring your invite last night Kadey, I was headed to the tower to grab bounties when I got it but then y'all were full by the time I was ready.

Rehsa

Super Fun Destiny Train:

Igor
Frenden
Neo
Pity (you'll get the ghost, hopefully! Or what if it's only a particular rank that it drops)
Moridhin
Jafku
Yeah good times. I'm dragging ass at work but it was super worth it to experience drunk Frenden. Will be on the lookout for more shenanigans this weekend!

May ask for assistance in doing the Trials Shax quest too for the 9 points if you're available.

cakely

Nope! You earn faction rep in addition to crucible and vanguard rep. You should always be pledged to a faction, there's no downside.

FYI, in Vanilla Destiny, it worked just like you said ... when you wore a faction class item, 100% of your crucible and vanguard rep went into your faction rep.

cakely

It looks like you have to hit a certain rank with IB before ghosts start dropping, is this true? In last month's IB I didn't get a single ghost with three characters until I hit rank 5 and on the last day I ended up getting three.

I'm talking about the ghosts you get in the activity rewards screen, btw, not the one you get for actually hitting rank 5 with Lord Salad Hands.

It looks like you have to hit a certain rank with IB before ghosts start dropping, is this true? In last month's IB I didn't get a single ghost with three characters until I hit rank 5 and on the last day I ended up getting three.

I'm talking about the ghosts you get in the activity rewards screen, btw, not the one you get for actually hitting rank 5 with Lord Salad Hands.
Ghosts don't start dropping until you hit rank 5.

I've been getting drops about every 5 games or so. That seems fair?

I went from 306 - 319 in about 2 days, so I can't complain too much. Here's hoping I can make it to 320+ tonight.

I'm just about to hit Rank 4. I've already turned in all of my bounties, except the one that requires you hit Rank 4.

Soulflarz

Banned
Welcome to destiny. Shotguns close range (and a bit further out) are one hit kill. Best thing is to keep your distance. PVP is a bit of a lag fest recently. It takes some getting used to.

Yeah I didn't remember this at all <_> I knew fusion were cause charge time. And yep, laggy

Tell you what soulzzz- let's team up tonight and frag. My PSN: NowhereFaded. If not, hope you and yours have a great 4th. Bye now.

adding in a tiny bit!

Kalamari

pvp is janky X_X
shottys kill in one hit?
spawn looking at someone?

ehhhh

Working as intended

The other day, I was killed twice during a Hunter's bladedance super on Frontier, once outside near the bridge, then again after I spawned inside at Alpha.

cakely

I've been getting drops about every 5 games or so. That seems fair?

I went from 306 - 319 in about 2 days, so I can't complain too much. Here's hoping I can make it to 320+ tonight.

I'm just about to hit Rank 4. I've already turned in all of my bounties, except the one that requires you hit Rank 4.

This IB I've been tracking the legendary drops from the activity rewards screen:

So far I've played 39 matches and gotten 10 legendary rewards, so based on my tiny sample it's looking like you get legendaries about 25% of the time.

I'll keep tracking that and see how my theory holds up.

hoggert

A couple of days ago on Twilight Gap, I grabbed the C heavy from the other team and got chased into the far back spawn area. Most of the enemy team spawned around me; one even spawned right in front of as I was firing my machinegun at another player, shielding the other guy and ending a streak that probably would've ended up as an unbreakable. Wishful thinking lol. Surprised I didn't get any hate mail.

This IB I've been tracking the legendary drops from the activity rewards screen:

So far I've played 39 matches and gotten 10 legendary rewards, so based on my tiny sample it's looking like you get legendaries about 25% of the time.

I'll keep tracking that and see how my theory holds up.

That actually feels right. I've played around 20 or so matches, and I've had 4 or 5 legendary drops.

Top Bottom