• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Fwiw its only Koro whose full deleted, I've done my Titan and Hunter (and as far as I know no one else has deleted a character), for a multitude of reasons and any post or whatever of saying delete your character is just a (shit) joke

I deleted them as (to me) the games broken, both playing it and Bungie side. As Bungie said play other games, I have and realised how much better others do basic stuff so much better, such as speaking to the community (say hi to Jeff, Deej) and dedicated servers so you don't have a global P2P matchmaking system where I constantly match up with people from the UAE/USA and Russia

There's also the the time/reward issue, drop rates are still broken it took till the first day of the April update to get a PC+1 with a range perk (the 4 I had in the 7 months prior to that where all oiled frame or other such nonsense) and to the day I dropped the game I never got an Eyasluna to drop with rifled/reinforced.

Add to all that the constant nerfing/then slightly rebuffing of weapons/classes (though never to as good as they ever were) and the forced 50% W/L ratio (mostly by fucking you over), I'm done with the game

The games given me some of my best gaming moments, but to me its beyond broken, some may agree some may not

It is what it is

WeTeHa

Thanks for the nightfalls guys. At least the last one gave me a couple strange coins.

Also chur, that wave while I was floating to certain death was ice cold :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EVO. Over 20k entrants, will be broadcasted on ESPN and various places. Two famous wrestlers were at a recent tournament. Jaime Lee Curtis is also a staple. We've made it. It is my dream to see Destiny on a stage that big.

SFV is garbage to my standards but I realize it is new. Capcom has some time to make things right and they are. Destiny still has years left. You take the good with the bad. Can't expect everything to be good and even then nothing lasts forever. Shit happens.

EVO. Over 20k entrants, will be broadcasted on ESPN and various places. Two famous wrestlers were at a recent tournament. Jaime Lee Curtis is also a staple. We've made it. It is my dream to see Destiny on a stage that big..

This isn't me thread shitting but it will never happen with Destiny. They have no interest in anything "competitive".

War ran tourneys month after month for 2yrs and streamed high level "sweaties" and Bungie never acknowledged it. He dropped the game to play Overwatch and was sponsored within a week, same as Gabe and Poshy, those 3 tried to do more for Destiny than anyone and it wasn't recognised.

Instead it was lets show off Goth/Broman/Leahlovechief and every other streamer that was on the sunshine bus

This isn't me thread shitting but it will never happen with Destiny. They have no interest in anything "competitive".

War ran tourneys month after month for 2yrs and streamed high level "sweaties" and Bungie never acknowledged it. He dropped the game to play Overwatch and was sponsored within a week, same as Gabe and Poshy, those 3 tried to do more for Destiny than anyone and it wasn't recognised.

Instead it was lets show off Goth/Broman/Leahlovechief and every other streamer that was on the sunshine bus

Yup.

It makes me laugh that Bungie is so 'holier than thou' when it comes to PvP balance, and yet they don't really support it in an external avenue. And yet they continue balancing for PvP.

Even Halo 5 tried to do some things with their pvp? Sure it wasn't huge or anything, but it was something...

Overwatch tho..jump on that ship if you want to be part of it's competitive scene~ I imagine Blizzard will push it hard.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Train. Join up.

rtrtrt4.gif
YOU'RE 6HRS TOO EARLY, KADEY PLZ.

chur

Awwwww yisss. Competitive mode is live in Overwatch. Iron Banner must wait. I shall return later.

Filled with salt

Daemul

Wait, we're deleting characters now? Why did no one tell me? Ffs you guys, we're meant to do this sort of shit together!

Yeah, it really pisses me off how War and co worked so fucking hard to build up the Destiny competitive scene and were ignored, to the extent that the time Bungie actually had a PvP tourney to show off Rift those guys weren't even invited, Bungie's favourites were, it was infuriating.

Thankfully all their hard work isn't in vain since they got signed up(within a week ffs) to play competitive Overwatch, and I'm really happy for them and I wish them the best for the future.

Wait, we're deleting characters now? Why did no one tell me? Ffs you guys, we're meant to do this sort of shit together!

Yeah, it really pisses me off how War and co worked so fucking hard to build up the Destiny competitive scene and were ignored, to the extent that the time Bungie actually had a PvP tourney to show off Rift those guys weren't even invited, Bungie's favourites were, it was infuriating.

Thankfully all their hard work isn't in vain since they got signed up(within a week ffs) to play competitive Overwatch, and I'm really happy for them and I wish them the best for the future.

I remember that hubbub. Yeah, Bungie always invited their 'favorite' streamers or own people to show off the new pvp mode/s over people who actually competed. It's stupid as shit and shows how out of touch bungie is with the community who worked hard to make it work.

Same for the PvE streams for HoW, where they invited Broman...or whoever that loud guy was. He was just fucking loud, he sucked at the game otherwise.

So Bungie finally confirmed faction ships are bugged.

Cozmo said:
We have confirmed that there is an issue with how Ships and Shaders are being rewarded from Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages. We are currently working on a change to this system.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/207952208?sort=0&page=0

They could have avoided this shit by just putting the shaders/emblems/ships on the vendors and have them unlock them at a certain rank. But I guess that would have been too easy.

NeOak

I remember that hubbub. Yeah, Bungie always invited their 'favorite' streamers or own people to show off the new pvp mode/s over people who actually competed. It's stupid as shit and shows how out of touch bungie is with the community who worked hard to make it work.

Same for the PvE streams for HoW, where they invited Broman...or whoever that loud guy was. He was just fucking loud, he sucked at the game otherwise.
Fuck Professor Broman. Anything associated with the reveal guys is dead to me.

Like that youtuber for the brothers strike reveal. Cowering from a Cabal Major. Like, da fuq? Showed how bad at the game he really is and that his YouTube videos were against people that had no thumbs.

Navy Bean

I generally hate scout rifles in PvP but the Cocytus I picked up from the gunsmith this week (roll 1) is really good. Smooth and hits like a truck. Try it out if you have the order.

cr0w

Old Member
I've hardly ever done PVP on my Titan, but I decided to give it a shot since my playstyle in general is to run face first into things and hope it works out. It hardly ever does on my Hunter, but good lord does it work as a Striker. I was being a total shithead, it was glorious. I think at one point I forgot I had a gun because I was doing so much punching and shoulder charging.

Kalamari

I bought hot dogs for dinner but forgot to buy the buns, gonna use slices of bread instead. Would anybody watch if I streamed Social Eating on Twitch?

Soulflarz

Banned
who wanted to play with me again
-finishing episode 2 of doom. Never played doom (like the original) so I figured I should.
-then OW competitive with friend

y-you on after? I can be up super late :3

If there were kill cams in this game, you would've been reported immediately igor, and you would have made him rage quit lol. I don't know how you do it.

Egg0

Banned
So I'm dipping back into Destiny, looking to grind some strikes while listening to podcasts and such. Anyone know if you get more or better loot doing the heroic strikes playlist over the level 36 one?

So I'm dipping back into Destiny, looking to grind some strikes while listening to podcasts and such. Anyone know if you get more or better loot doing the heroic strikes playlist over the level 36 one?
Heroic strikes have higher chances for legendary and strike specific loot, as well as give more rep.

Ballistic

Thanks for the games Kadey and all. There's nothing like hammering someone and they teleport right before they get hit. Oh well, I had fun most of the time.

Top Bottom