• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WipedOut

I'm not lacking in willpower. I can stop playing without having to delete the game or characters.
e5YuU.gif
Coughin'

micah

Just got Anteater'd middle of a IB match like 5 secs from a win. SUPER.
Getting constant Contacting Destiny Servers.

Update: seems everyone was disconnected.

NullMoon

Neo Member
So, is there something wrong with the servers? Every 5 seconds I'm getting "Attention Contacting Destiny Servers" I've since been kicked out of the game twice now.

Frenden

Banned
Finished a strike before the server problems and Tanks dropped no loot. After the rewards screen, in orbit, booted.

Reports of folks not getting rewards from PvP around that time too.

Servers are on fire. How about we stop with the convoluted matchmaking and go to simple, connection based stuffed, eh?

Frenden

Banned
I can get to the launch screen for an activity now, but my level is 0 and the launch button won't let me depress it despite being selectable. Lol.

I'm glad by the time I get home, most of the server issues are worked out. What's the problem, anyway? Did they change something recently that's causing all of these disconnects?

I've had a few errors, but not near as much as some of you.

Unrelated, but what's the go-to sniper rifle nowadays? I'm still using Eirene, and it's still working nicely, but I'm looking to switch it up.

I don't know why people encourage others to delete alts/chars. It's not like it hurts Bungie or says a message or anything.

We should be encouraging people to just step away from the game and possibly thread/chat AND/OR delete the game from the console if you really want a break.

Just very weird to me. I don't like that vibe. If you're going to do it then do it, it doesn't need to be a spectacle. But those are my thoughts. TETO

I don't know why people encourage others to delete alts/chars. It's not like it hurts Bungie or says a message or anything.

We should be encouraging people to just step away from the game and possibly thread/chat AND/OR delete the game from the console if you really want a break.

Just very weird to me. I don't like that vibe. If you're going to do it then do it, it doesn't need to be a spectacle. But those are my thoughts. TETO

Yes. Exactly. There's no cost at all to anyone by just letting their characters rest.

I am also hoping, and this isn't directed at anyone specifically, that people who decide to delete all their characters don't do their best to pollute this forum with bitterness even if they aren't playing anymore.

This 100%.

I played the game for the first time last night, after dealing with Torbjorns on OW on PS4 and it was actually fun playing with DGAF again. PVP is a mess but they want it to be a 50% win/50% loss average for everyone then so be it. It's very obvious they don't want you to play the game religiously like we did in Year 1, Yes they don't know what they are doing about anything so just leave and don't delete your character because of "Back to Back useless TWAB's". Why waste all those hours because you hate where the game is going or you hate a particular person who works at Bungie is something I will never understand.

I am excited to jump back in for Rise of Iron and I hope they talk about it soon, I want to see a Cyberpunk Fallen Raid. And when I get bored with the game I'll leave it alone once again. Basically what Bungie did was great because that meant I could finally work on my backlog.

Raven117

I don't get the character deletion either. That's blood sweat and tears poured into each one. To delete it only hurts yourself.

While I haven't played my alts near as religiously as I did in year one (thank god), I'm glad I have them and will be ready to take all of em out for a spin in the fall.

Top Bottom