• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Poor Shiv. Gets no respect. I'm dying though. Bubble train is currently fun. Everybody else is a defender and I just run around wrecking with a striker.

darthbob

QIHBg9o.png

Crucible Package, no Sureshot and Underdog is meh but it still looks entirely usable.

Ran the damn Nightfall 15 times already this week. Got 5 Loop's and this one was the only decent one. I am very happy.

Sureshot and Firefly. A reload modifier would have been too much to ask haha.

image.jpg

Nothing that Hand Cannon Loader Gauntlets can't fix. Nice roll :)

Ryck

Ran the damn Nightfall 15 times already this week. Got 5 Loop's and this one was the only decent one. I am very happy.

Sureshot and Firefly. A reload modifier might have been too much to ask haha.

quote]e.jpg

Ballistic

Poor Shiv. Gets no respect. I'm dying though. Bubble train is currently fun. Everybody else is a defender and I just run around wrecking with a striker.

I wish...instead I'm at dinner where the only thing good on the menu is the 100 beers on tap.

Soulflarz

Banned
quick
do i buy bad juju to up my light
or save my strange coins
245 finally

edit: nvm will check in the morning lol, so not quick i guess

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
People are still playing this dead game?... Kappa

We play Guardians who are walking zombies with powers in a dead game, what does that makes us?

cr0w

Old Member
I saw a Hunter wearing what looked like a leather coat/vest over a white shirt as chest armor last night. Looked like a Han Solo/Mal Reynolds type of thing. I'll be damned if I an remember what it was called, though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

stay gold

I saw a Hunter wearing what looked like a leather coat/vest over a white shirt as chest armor last night. Looked like a Han Solo/Mal Reynolds type of thing. I'll be damned if I an remember what it was called, though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

The updated sublime engram armour?

Any Iron Banner trains ongoing right now?

Sounds like the Long Tomorrow 9G armor set. It was the new set of sublime gear for the Hunter.

Edit: ^^^ yeah what Stay Gold posted.

ch4fx_

EDIT - beaten.

In the meantime, I received this message as I was logging off last night. It was nice to receive such a welcoming message, rather than the typical "you're garbage scrub!" shit that usually gets sent out.

still waiting on that message complementing me on my skill.
/s

PS - is this a god roll? "Longbow Synthesis" just sounds badass, so I use it & never really paid attention to the perks outside of stability/unflinching.

That's a very good Longbow roll, grenadier just keeps it from being a god roll, but Unflinching/shortgaze/snapshot is nothing to take lightly. That sniper is definitely a keeper.

ch4fx_

That's a very good Longbow roll, grenadier just keeps it from being a god roll, but Unflinching/shortgaze/snapshot is nothing to take lightly. That sniper is definitely a keeper.

But... but.. but... grenades! haha. Thanks for the reply. I knew unflinching was helpful but I wasn't even running shortgaze or snapshot, so this should be interesting.

Picked a Grasp today with Rangefinder, Third Eye, Fitted Stock and Red Dot-ORS.

But I have my first Grasp with Rangefinder, Glass Half Full, Hand-Laid stock and Red Dot-ORES. This one has way more stability due to hand-laid. But it takes the hit to range that Rangefinder somewhat compensates for.

But, DGAF, which one is truly superior?

EDIT - beaten.

In the meantime, I received this message as I was logging off last night. It was nice to receive such a welcoming message, rather than the typical "you're garbage scrub!" shit that usually gets sent out.

still waiting on that message complementing me on my skill.
/s

PS - is this a god roll? "Longbow Synthesis" just sounds badass, so I use it & never really paid attention to the perks outside of stability/unflinching.

That is a very good roll. Personally I prefer quick draw over snapshot. But unflinching is good and you've got a good scope.

I have newbie questions:

1. What is the crucible? Am I supposed to fight other players? Like a death match?
2. I was playing the level 6 mission last night and towards the beginning I was exploring around. I stumbled into someone else playing and all of a sudden there were really powerful enemies coming out of portals. Powerful to the point that I could unload 2 full clips in one and their health bar wouldn't move! But the other player... One shot and done. And then there were many portals and enemies on screen. And then a bunch of other players popped up out of nowhere and took it the horde of enemies. Then they ran into what looks like a alien spacecraft. What the heck did I just witness?

I have newbie questions:

1. What is the crucible? Am I supposed to fight other players? Like a death match?
2. I was playing the level 6 mission last night and towards the beginning I was exploring around. I stumbled into someone else playing and all of a sudden there were really powerful enemies coming out of portals. Powerful to the point that I could unload 2 full clips in one and their health bar wouldn't move! But the other player... One shot and done. And then there were many portals and enemies on screen. And then a bunch of other players popped up out of nowhere and took it the horde of enemies. Then they ran into what looks like a alien spacecraft. What the heck did I just witness?

1. Exactly. It's the PvP part of the game. There are various game types, as well as special PvP events like Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner.

2. If there is a ?? where the enemy level should be, you won't be able to damage them very much, if at all. As for what you saw, I'm actually not sure off of the top of my head. Maybe a Public Event?

NeOak

Picked a Grasp today with Rangefinder, Third Eye, Fitted Stock and Red Dot-ORS.

But I have my first Grasp with Rangefinder, Glass Half Full, Hand-Laid stock and Red Dot-ORES. This one has way more stability due to hand-laid. But it takes the hit to range that Rangefinder somewhat compensates for.

But, DGAF, which one is truly superior?
Neither. No counterbalance.

Hand Laid Stock is a bad choice due to the range penalty. Does it has something else?

First one is kinda better due to Fitted Stock. But tbh, give it a try and see which one you like the most. I cycle through 3 Grasps depending on the map.

Neither. No counterbalance.

Hand Laid Stock is a bad choice due to the range penalty. Does it has something else?

First one is kinda better due to Fitted Stock. But tbh, give it a try and see which one you like the most. I cycle through 3 Grasps depending on the map.

Instead of hand-laid, it has lightweight.

Alright, I'll give the new one a whirl. But which ever one I dislike is infusion food.

NeOak

Instead of hand-laid, it has lightweight.

Alright, I'll give the new one a whirl. But which ever one I dislike is infusion food.
The one I run the most has ORES/Headseeker/Braced Frame/Glass Half Full. If HS and GHF proc, it can do 26 per precision hit instead of the regular 23.

27 bullets can take down two people with those perks in my experience.

2. I was playing the level 6 mission last night and towards the beginning I was exploring around. I stumbled into someone else playing and all of a sudden there were really powerful enemies coming out of portals.

Were there two sorts of enemies? In most zones with two types of enemy (e.g. Fallen and Hive) there is occasionally an event called 'the enemy moves against each other), that spawns increasingly harder combatants to duke it out.

You may also have encountered a Taken corruption as the same time as a public event which I can imagine would be very chaotic.

You can only damage enemies up to a few levels above you-- and your damage is scaled down when you attack the ones you can hurt. As your level increases your damage will increase until it is capped a few levels above the enemies.

Enemies with red question marks where their level ought to be are immune; enemies with red numbers will take less damage from you and you more from them, white level enemies are at your level and grey numbers are below.

Top Bottom