• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Frenden

Banned
JlAMwTZ.gif

Your GIF and my GIF should go to the prom together.

3o85xxIR04TwCemImc.gif

border

2. I was playing the level 6 mission last night and towards the beginning I was exploring around. I stumbled into someone else playing and all of a sudden there were really powerful enemies coming out of portals. Powerful to the point that I could unload 2 full clips in one and their health bar wouldn't move! But the other player... One shot and done. And then there were many portals and enemies on screen. And then a bunch of other players popped up out of nowhere and took it the horde of enemies. Then they ran into what looks like a alien spacecraft. What the heck did I just witness?

Sounds like a Taken invasion world event. They happen on regular intervals. Enemies pop in, and if you kill three of the commanders that spawn around the zone, then a mega-boss will spawn and has to be killed. Later on down the line doing these events will be part of a quest objective, so there's frequently at least a couple people waiting around for them to happen.

Once you are levelled up more you will be able to kill them, obviously.

1. Exactly. It's the PvP part of the game. There are various game types, as well as special PvP events like Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner.

2. If there is a ?? where the enemy level should be, you won't be able to damage them very much, if at all. As for what you saw, I'm actually not sure off of the top of my head. Maybe a Public Event?

Doesn't the PvP portion require PS+? I also saw a level 8 mission that said it required PS+. But I didn't see that for the Crucible.

Were there two sorts of enemies? In most zones with two types of enemy (e.g. Fallen and Hive) there is occasionally an event called 'the enemy moves against each other), that spawns increasingly harder combatants to duke it out.

You may also have encountered a Taken corruption as the same time as a public event which I can imagine would be very chaotic.

You can only damage enemies up to a few levels above you-- and your damage is scaled down when you attack the ones you can hurt. As your level increases your damage will increase until it is capped a few levels above the enemies.

Enemies with red question marks where their level ought to be are immune; enemies with red numbers will take less damage from you and you more from them, white level enemies are at your level and grey numbers are below.

Yes there were Fallen and Hive. Some enemies were looking like ghosts/spirits/made of energy. And it was incredibly chaotic. I was just trying to stay alive! Almost died every few seconds!

Edit:
Absolutely loving the game.

Doesn't the PvP portion require PS+? I also saw a level 8 mission that said it required PS+. But I didn't see that for the Crucible.
That mission you saw was a strike that has MM, which is why it requires PS+. Also, Crucible is an online activity, so it does require PS+ as well.

border

If you don't have PSN+, Destiny is really not going to have a lot to offer you once the campaign has concluded. But if you're having a good time so far, then roll on :)

Nothing to do with lag. Juggernaut shield has 95 hp, but will absorb any amount of damage from a single shot. It's insanely strong since they buffed it to be usable while skating.
Yeah, skating with Juggernaut and Universal Remote. Add lag to the mix and it becomes very annoying to play against.

stay gold

Any trains with a spot? Should I start a new one? Tired of playing with randos.

Edit: 2 days, 2 Longbows with Hidden Hand/Shortgaze. 2nd one even has Snapshot.....if only I sniped!

WeTeHa

Any trains with a spot? Should I start a new one? Tired of playing with randos.

Edit: 2 days, 2 Longbows with Hidden Hand/Shortgaze. 2nd one even has Snapshot.....if only I sniped!

Longbow with shortgaze, hidden hand and snapshot... that's the dream.
dat aim assist.

That mission you saw was a strike that has MM, which is why it requires PS+. Also, Crucible is an online activity, so it does require PS+ as well.

If you don't have PSN+, Destiny is really not going to have a lot to offer you once the campaign has concluded. But if you're having a good time so far, then roll on :)

Bummer. I don't like the idea of paying for multiplayer. Let's see. If I continue to like the game later, I'll shell out for PS+.

I was just playing the level 7 mission that takes place on the moon (the first mission on the moon) and I got disconnected. My internet is fine, but I kept getting a message that the game can't reach the Destiny servers. Anyone else having the same/similar issue right now? 7/2/2016 at 3:30PM PST.

Bummer. I don't like the idea of paying for multiplayer. Let's see. If I continue to like the game later, I'll shell out for PS+.

I was just playing the level 7 mission that takes place on the moon (the first mission on the moon) and I got disconnected. My internet is fine, but I kept getting a message that the game can't reach the Destiny servers. Anyone else having the same/similar issue right now? 7/2/2016 at 3:30PM PST.

Yeah, the servers have been a bit weird for a while. But they are usually fixed pretty fast.

Frenden

Banned
Good games, all!

Those were some close matches at first. We had three matches within 10-50 points of each other, all wins, haha.

Nothing to do with lag. Juggernaut shield has 95 hp, but will absorb any amount of damage from a single shot. It's insanely strong since they buffed it to be usable while skating.
Ahhh, misread the post. Yup. That shield is a pain.

Ghost edit: top of the page. 300 light ghost, just like a nightfall

ZServ

Anyone for a potential last minute King's Fall normal mode? Have a buddy who has never run KF @ 330+ LL, and it's not hard to knock out. Right now it's just him and I, which would mean having 4 more.

Edit: Full.

ViciousDS

Banned
Are there any other websites like the100......been trying to find a good Xbox group since most of the population is kind of dead lol

shermas

Are there any other websites like the100......been trying to find a good Xbox group since most of the population is kind of dead lol
The recruitment section on the App has been good for me. I can usually find a good group and I've added a bunch of friends over the last few weeks.

Soulflarz

Banned
what do i do to get my light up
or in general

points are
280 on primary
260 shotty
244 heavy
213 ghost
255 helm
255 gauntlet
255 plate