• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Haven't played in a rrrreally long time, but I want to be ready for Rise of Iron. Am at 314 light. What should I do to gear up? Just farm strikes and challenge of elders?

Soulflarz

Banned
Engrams can go up to 310 I think. But once you hit about 290 your gonna want to run the raid.

What LL are you?

If you need help let me know

I'm only...257
but got some engrams and going to get a 280 ghost since mines like 210 right now, be right back with an update on that

Soulflarz

Banned
Send me an fr if you want some help with things.

Psn robdraggoo

sure, was going to start something else, but ehh, I've already beaten 64 this year, I'll make the 100 game challenge eassyyy

added, gd4033 (don't ask why it's so bad, feel free real name request XD)

NeOak

How easy are the KF challenge modes? I need the final fragments for the Triumph. :(
Oryx is the only tricky one since you have to do the 16 bombs at the same time. So it can be fast or a waste of hours.

Other than that, the others are simple at this point.

Mindlog

I've praised Fear's Embrace many times as one of Bungie's best encounters in Destiny.
As long as you don't camp
Fear's Embrace is one of the rare missions that promote movement and aggressiveness over peek-and-shoot. The final arena is cluttered enough to provide cover, but not so much that it obstructs every sightline. Enemy variety promotes weapon variety. Hazards can even force you to change your movement route. The same can almost be said for the Templar encounter in Vault of Glass.

Doom* is an entire game dedicated to that ideal and refined to near perfection.

I hope Destiny 2 reexamines everything.

*DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Trakan

I've praised Fear's Embrace many times as one of Bungie's best encounters in Destiny.
As long as you don't camp
Fear's Embrace is one of the rare missions that promote movement and aggressiveness over peek-and-shoot. The final arena is cluttered enough to provide cover, but not so much that it obstructs every sightline. Enemy variety promotes weapon variety. Hazards can even force you to change your movement route. The same can almost be said for the Templar encounter in Vault of Glass.

Doom* is an entire game dedicated to that ideal and refined to near perfection.

I hope Destiny 2 reexamines everything.

*DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Wow, you're the first person I've ever seen praise this mission. It, the Omnigul Strike, and the Black Spindle mission are examples of the worst content in the game IMO. Stuffing a bunch of enemies into a closet-sized room while obstructing your vision/movement is the opposite of fun, especially with a timer on the Spindle mission.

Mindlog

Wow, you're the first person I've ever seen praise this mission. It, the Omnigul Strike, and the Black Spindle mission are examples of the worst content in the game IMO. Stuffing a bunch of enemies into a closet-sized room while obstructing your vision/movement is the opposite of fun, especially with a timer on the Spindle mission.
I've always praised Fear's Embrace.
What differentiates Fear's Embrace from those other missions is that the spawns are smaller and decentralized. You can obliterate an entire spawn then build your strategy from there. Once you choose a direction you have to kill everything in your path. Doubling back or hesitating is very risky and could lead to you getting caught between multiple spawns. This leaves the encounter with no safe room
as long as you don't count the entrance exploit.
Nearly every other Destiny encounter is dependent on the idea of a safe room. Nearly every DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM encounter is built around the idea that there is no safe room.

If mission designers were forced to design combat areas with no safe room then maybe we'd see fewer elite wizards during an arc burn.

*All of my praise for the mission is based on not being overleveled or underleveled. Destiny would probably be much better off without the weird light system, but that would subvert the grind compulsion and 'rpg progression.'

Hedera

Where are the triumphs listed?
Check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4o6ooo/i_discovered_the_y2_moments_of_triumph/
Challenge of the Elders​: Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders.
The Play's the Thing​: Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in "Regicide".
​The Third Element: Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character.
​This is Amazing: Complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop."
Eris Morn's Revenge​: Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments
​A Blade Reborn: Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx
​Return to the Reef​: Complete the April quests "At the Gates" and "Return to the Prison"
​The Sword Logic​: Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty

They're to be officially announced on Bungie day this Thursday.

Trakan

I"ll probably pass then. I use my Hung Jury for PVE, and if I ever use Scout during PvP, I usually go Jade or MIDA.

For what it's worth, I think it's a better Jade Rabbit. It can get more stability and I hate the Jade Rabbit's sight. Colovance's Duty has a lot less aim assistance though.

Frenden

Banned
I did alright on 335 ghosts this week.

.eJwdyEsOgyAQANC7sOcz6IB4DQ9gCFIwUYfAdNX07k36lu8j3v0Sq6jMbaxaH-dI1A81mHosWRWicuXYzqES3Toyx1Tv_PDQ4GaPs8MFg0VEYxYNIUz_Nh7ALQiT3lLP-RmVeH91undrwEnjpZl2CBJA2qDaU8T3B0TQKkM.UcPkLhriIVRYn6dfj0Ack9hvLko.png

zewone

He stepped out and shot you. I don't get what's wrong there.

The aim assist is absurd; he didn't line up a shot. He literally steps out and pulls the trigger in less than a second and it's a perfect shot in my head.

And it's not like this is rare occurance. Exhibit B: Sliding no scope.

QP1gI0F.gif

I'm not sure why that should be okay.

Top Bottom