• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Damn that sucks. I'm 320 right now, would NF reward higher gear?
It drops legendaries up to 330 and exotics up to 335, but be reminded that the current system is a +6 system, so you will only get rewards up to 6 light higher, so if you are 320, you won't get anything higher than 326 until you raise your light.

It drops legendaries up to 330 and exotics up to 335, but be reminded that the current system is a +6 system, so you will only get rewards up to 6 light higher, so if you are 320, you won't get anything higher than 326 until you raise your light.

Ok cool, as long as the items will drop higher than my current light level.

cr0w

Old Member
so, in PVP situations, what's a good way to deal with Titan shoulder charge when I'm playing as a Warlock? I feel like half of my deaths in the last couple days playing IB were all from getting shoulder charged.

also, what's a good auto rifle to have around? I mainly use scout and handcannon but I want to see if I can do better with an auto. any particular one I can get without invoking the help of RNGesus?

If you're on PS4, I apologize as I might have been one of the offenders. I discovered Striker Titan in PVP this weekend after playing almost exclusively Hunter previously and I kind of went ham with SC.

Also, general question for you guys. Is Hard Light even used by anyone anymore? I got a 330 on this week and had a hell of a lot of fun with it in IB.

Arrrammis

If you're on PS4, I apologize as I might have been one of the offenders. I discovered Striker Titan in PVP this weekend after playing almost exclusively Hunter previously and I kind of went ham with SC.

Also, general question for you guys. Is Hard Light even used by anyone anymore? I got a 330 on this week and had a hell of a lot of fun with it in IB.

Hard Light is generally not used, since the current meta favors high RoF primaries, but it's still pretty good. For the most part, I don't feel like you have to use the most popular/OP guns anywhere except maybe for Trials.

Hi guys, I haven't played this game in months. I'm 312 but would like to be higher, without having to raid.

How would my time best be spent?

MechDX

Arc burn back for strikes this week. Time to speed run those bastards.

Arc weapons in all 3 slots + storm caller warlock

Carn82

Hi guys, I haven't played this game in months. I'm 312 but would like to be higher, without having to raid.

I gained 6 levels with during the last Iron Banner. Court of Oryx is good to farm engrams / artifacts. Rank up through bounties for faction packages. Do the dailies.

cr0w

Old Member
Hard Light is generally not used, since the current meta favors high RoF primaries, but it's still pretty good. For the most part, I don't feel like you have to use the most popular/OP guns anywhere except maybe for Trials.

I was alternating between HL and the vendor Hawksaw, which shreds as well. I don't go anywhere near Trials, so I saw a pretty good variety of weapons this weekend.

so, in PVP situations, what's a good way to deal with Titan shoulder charge when I'm playing as a Warlock? I feel like half of my deaths in the last couple days playing IB were all from getting shoulder charged.

also, what's a good auto rifle to have around? I mainly use scout and handcannon but I want to see if I can do better with an auto. any particular one I can get without invoking the help of RNGesus?
The New Monarchy auto rifle is very good and available now, no RNG required. The vendor version has range and stability. It probably wouldn't hold up in Trials but I use it successfully in Skirmish and Clash.

Paired with a sniper, you have almost total range coverage. Even at the far end of midrange a quick body shot can be followed up by a burst from the auto for a kill.

You won't beat a rushing shotgunner but you really shouldn't be standing still waiting for them anyway. Or be ready to quick scope them :)

Faction packages are what I've read. They always give you gear that is higher than your light level. I tested it and it got me from 305-315. I always put on my highest light gear before redeeming on. So far, it has worked. Exotics should give you a bump as well. The court of oryx is another that can get you some higher level stuff.Using a rep buff and doing heroics will get that rep up and net you some exotics.

I've been told that CoE is doable with the modifiers this week at around 312-315. That true folks? I've never done it and would love to get in there.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member

I hate you XD

The New Monarchy auto rifle is very good and available now, no RNG required. The vendor version has range and stability. It probably wouldn't hold up in Trials but I use it successfully in Skirmish and Clash.

Paired with a sniper, you have almost total range coverage. Even at the far end of midrange a quick body shot can be followed up by a burst from the auto for a kill.

You won't beat a rushing shotgunner but you really shouldn't be standing still waiting for them anyway. Or be ready to quick scope them :)

thanks, I'll check it out.

That was a successful Iron Banner, I think. I went from 306 at the start of the tournament, to 329 at the end of it.

My artifact is holding me back, though. Is there away to get something higher than a 320 without Raiding?

Kalamari

I'm not sure that it's guaranteed. It took a couple tries to get 335 artifacts on my Titan and Hunter this weekend.

I guess you mean guaranteed to drop legendary artifacts, but not necessarily at 335 level.

Rehsa

So this IB I was able to go up a few light levels on my Hunter from ~320 to 327. My Titan and Warlock from ~300 to 320 using the weapons I got on my hunter plus thier drops. My skill/KD however did not make such a drastic change and is still average 💀

Statement of the weekend:
Igor- Why did these games get so easy all of a sudden , oh right Moridhin joined

I have finally managed to win 100 Salvage matches. It only took 194 matches and by the end of it Destiny Tracker has me in the top 1% ELO for salvage (thats a huge over rating of my ability). I just have 62 Rumble wins to grind out, and 29 Doubles when it returns and I will have hit max grimoire finally. I'm hoping I can do this before RoI. But we will see.

Rumble is going to take a long time. I've played almost 240 matches and only won 38. I've come second so many times. I'm just gonna have to sit and dedicate some time to it and maybe go full try hard with thorn!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What.

KindlyBoilingDipper.gif

Up for some pvp later. This oreo milkshake. So good.

stay gold

Hawkmoon fans you need to try it with Aggressive Ballistics if you haven't already, it's sooo consistent.

Edit: It blows my mind that we're 2 years into Destiny and people still haven't worked out not to take A on Shores of Time.

jacobs34

Hey. I'm getting back into Destiny, mostly because I like the multiplayer. I'm only level 297, is there any way I can get up to 330 just from playing the competitive multiplayer, or do I still need to mess around with PoE and Strikes if I want to get to max level?

Hey. I'm getting back into Destiny, mostly because I like the multiplayer. I'm only level 297, is there any way I can get up to 330 just from playing the competitive multiplayer, or do I still need to mess around with PoE and Strikes if I want to get to max level?

You can, but you would need to do a LOT of it and get good package drops.

Blues will drop up to 320 (although more likely between 280-310) You can get those farming PvP. Pop a rep booster that you get from those free treasure boxes (they dont all have them) to make rep go faster. Good news is though that you get more rep than you remember prior to april, they upped it a fair bit.

Ranking up crucible gets you a package that will guarantee a lengendary item that's up to six points of light higher than your current light. Rinse/repeat.

Equip a Zhalo and an Arc-based class, and do strikes all week.

The majority of my leveling up is done in PvP. I do strikes and patrols occasionally, but that's mostly to rank up the Vanguard. I really don't bother with Prison of Elder unless one of my friends want to play it.

But yeah, it's super possible to rank up through PvP. You just missed the Iron Banner, which is a nice way to get better gear quickly. Are you playing on PS4? If so, you're free to add me and join me in the Crucible whenever you see me playing. PSN: GustyGardens

Buy some 3 of Coins, too. Xur sells them and they work in the Crucible now.

jacobs34

The majority of my leveling up is done in PvP. I do strikes and patrols occasionally, but that's mostly to rank up the Vanguard. I really don't bother with Prison of Elder unless one of my friends want to play it.

But yeah, it's super possible to rank up through PvP. You just missed the Iron Banner, which is a nice way to get better gear quickly. Are you playing on PS4? If so, you're free to add me and join me in the Crucible whenever you see me playing. PSN: GustyGardens

Buy some 3 of Coins, too. Xur sells them and they work in the Crucible now.

Will do.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Trace

Banned
Well, after coming back for a few weeks I did everything I needed to to get the leaked Year 2 Triumphs.

Bring on RoI Bungie.

Top Bottom