• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WeTeHa

Oh man. First the daily is broken and the boss doesn't spawn. I do it again and when I get to the boss I get kicked. Thanks.

Apt101

Can anyone help me with a story quest, Paradox? I can't beat this boss solo, it keeps spawning enemies as soon as I take down its shield things. PS4, Jeff_en-la-boca

EDIT: nm, got it

Dez_

I just got an emote bag from the Nightfall.... I don't even know what to say.

I'm not even mad....just disappointed.
Still haven't received one of those. Would honestly like to get one of those as a reward, since I don't have any intentions of actually buying emotes.
The Destiny Reddit has a good breakdown on Aim Assist and Range and how they affect everything.

Got a link for this? I wouldn't mind reading up on it.

A lot of chatter about Destiny being dead and Trials feeling a) dead as well and b) sweatier than ever. So I headed over to DestinyTrialsReport and tabbed through their weekly records. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the absolute numbers they provide, but since their reports use the same methodology week to week, we can make trend comparisons confidently.

trialsparticipation.PNG

Looks like Trials is doing fine, honestly. It is getting sweatier out there, but not by much. Low twenty percent flawless rates have trended to percent flawless rates in the upper teens.

SpecX

I just got an emote bag from the Nightfall.... I don't even know what to say.

I'm not even mad....just disappointed.

I laugh but the same happened to me and some friends last night. Ran the NF and I walked away with a emote box and 334 Saint-14 helm, neither items I needed. 2nd player got a horn package, and 3rd got a 307 Helm, 1 LL improvement over his current Helm. I think I have more fun with the Heroic strikes this week with a full team running Zhalo's and end up with better rewards.

The short answer: NO! A single patrol shouldn't take 90 minutes... Make sure you are collecting the right drops from the right enemies. Most of them (picking up materials, clearing an area, scanning an item, killing an MVP target) don't take more than a few minutes. Many times, sparrowing to the location is the most time consuming part.

You can finish a raid or a few strikes or all the nightfalls (once you're levelled up) in 90 minutes.
Thank you. The issue is that I'm not seeing a patrol mission type of"survey". Even this morning, I tried to compete the last quest requirement ("survey" mission). I roamed the entire map. Not even a single survey mission.

For now, I'll move on. I'll pop into old Russia every few days to see if a survey mission is available.

Well, I'm here to report sublime engram drop rates are still atrocious, and seem to have got worse after the last patch. Yes, I know they drop more frequently on the Dreadnaught, but how about everywhere else Bungie?

Thank you. The issue is that I'm not seeing a patrol mission type of"survey". Even this morning, I tried to compete the last quest requirement ("survey" mission). I roamed the entire map. Not even a single survey mission.

For now, I'll move on. I'll pop into old Russia every few days to see if a survey mission is available.
PS4 I assume? Someone invite this guy to your fireteam and get him a survey patrol.

shermas

It shouldn't be so hard... The patrols are one of the fastest activities in the game. Plus, if you leave an area and go to orbit, then return, it'll change the available patrols. Some of the survey spots are kind of hard to jump to/figure out where they are the first time you do them, but they're pretty easy.

Are you on xbone or ps4? I'm on xbone and I'd be happy to help you out.

Dez_

Well, I'm here to report sublime engram drop rates are still atrocious, and seem to have got worse after the last patch. Yes, I know they drop more frequently on the Dreadnaught, but how about everywhere else Bungie?
Lol, I completely forgot about sublime engrams. I think I've seen one since the April update, a not so great helmet for my hunter.

Got the complete neuroghast set though. Looks nice, though I'm not a fan of the cloak.

That is very strange. There should normally be at least one somewhere in one of the zones on a planet.

PS4 I assume? Someone invite this guy to your fireteam and get him a survey patrol.

Yes. PS4. Do I need PS+ to join a fire team?

It shouldn't be so hard... The patrols are one of the fastest activities in the game. Plus, if you leave an area and go to orbit, then return, it'll change the available patrols. Some of the survey spots are kind of hard to jump to/figure out where they are the first time you do them, but they're pretty easy.

Are you on xbone or ps4? I'm on xbone and I'd be happy to help you out.
No joke. I just hopped onto the scooter thing and kept traversing the map. Avoided most battles. Searched the opening area, the sky watch, the place where there is a hive thing praying to a door, the area where the fallen and the hive fight. And that's just this morning. Last night I kept doing the missions between 10PM to just past midnight hoping to find a survey mission. I was very tired and frustrated. I lost count of missions after the I did on the patrol after 15. And that was just last night. Spent about 90 minutes the day before.

I'm on the ps4. :/

At least I gained 8000+ glimmer and gained 4 levels! Plus my light score went from low 30s to low 50s just playing the patrol mission.

That is very strange. There should normally be at least one somewhere in one of the zones on a planet.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've completed all the other quest requirements. Finished the kill missions, scout missions, item collection missions, ECT. Just just need survey.

My PSN id = my GAF username.

Edit:
How do you get silver?

That's actually most companies. Some just are better at catching it than others.

As I said, Its shit companies.

A good company would have introduced this change by acknowledging they broke the Crucible at least 5 months ago and kept the community updated, instead Bungie have watched the game burn to the ground whilst ignoring all the rage and denying anything has changed until its boiled over (yet again, as is the case with every other issue)

I mean, I'd rather them bring it down and fix whatever's wrong than to release it with the problem and have the players deal with that.

I'd rather have it be as fine tuned as possible than to be released with some bugs. Hopefully they get it up soon though.

I mean, I'd rather them bring it down and fix whatever's wrong than to release it with the problem and have the players deal with that.

I'd rather have it be as fine tuned as possible than to be released with some bugs. Hopefully they get it up soon though.

What is is 5hrs in between announce, launch then nerf? It's like someones been looking at Data sheets of population/reading forums of people pissed off and leaving and thought lets do something

19:00 they tweet we're fixing match making (which they've denied is broken don't forget)
23:00 Settings are live
23:02 Early testing revealed some issues

Come on how long do they test this shit for, 5hrs?

Kalamari

They were probably working on it really hard, but they ran out of coffee and were tired, so they decided to play Overwatch instead.

Dez_

Nice, I got the Waning Star ship, but it's so bright that I can't look at it directly without it hurting my eyes.

GGs Frenden and Trance. Thanks for helping me get the last few skirmish wins for the grimoire.

I'm once again flattered by the games tonight that Bungie thinks I am a crucible god.

Dez_

Second match where we were getting beaten up, but managed to pull a win in the end. With 2 strength of the wolf medals too. Wow!

Top Bottom