• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

What's the easiest/quickest way for a 314 Titan returning to Destiny after a while to get to at least 330?

Raise different factions up,they give pretty good reward packages now, they max out at 330. Gunsmith goes up pretty quick from field testing the guns, do Strikes from the strike playlist and bounties from patrols to level up The Vanguard and either Dead Orbit, Future War Cult or New Monarchy. Crucible is also a great way and when it comes up (it just ended) Iron Banner is fantastic for it. There are also Reputation boosters you can get and use, which are great for leveling up factions fast.

At a bit higher level doing Challenge of Elders at the Reef (once a week) and Nightfall (once a week) are good ways to level up as they can give high level items.

Honestly Iron Banner is the fastest way to level up, rewards pop all the time now and can go all the way to 335. The problem is that it's once a month.

JTripper

Raise different factions up,they give pretty good reward packages now, they max out at 330. Gunsmith goes up pretty quick from field testing the guns, do Strikes from the strike playlist and bounties from patrols to level up The Vanguard and either Dead Orbit, Future War Cult or New Monarchy. Crucible is also a great way and when it comes up (it just ended) Iron Banner is fantastic for it. There are also Reputation boosters you can get and use, which are great for leveling up factions fast.

At a bit higher level doing Challenge of Elders at the Reef (once a week) and Nightfall (once a week) are good ways to level up as they can give high level items.

Honestly Iron Banner is the fastest way to level up, rewards pop all the time now and can go all the way to 335. The problem is that it's once a month.

Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to do HM King's Fall but no one really invites the 316 light dude among the other higher levels looking to join on LFG. I've been getting pretty bored with the PvE stuff and never really played much PvP but when Iron Banner returns I guess I'll play.

JTripper, we are the best at communicating without using mics. xD GG man, thanks for the help!

Haha yeah, that went pretty smooth. Surprised we got through 2 antiquated runes so quickly. Thanks again!

What are the chances that any potential Destiny 2 legacy rewards for being a Year1/2/3 player are tied to your Bungie account rather than to the console family you're on, much in the same way promotional shaders and emblems are? I'm a Year 1 X1 player and a Year 2 PS4 player and I want to continue forward on PS4 (unless a PC version is announced) but I'm afraid I might miss out on some stuff if I do. D:

NeOak

What are the chances that any potential Destiny 2 legacy rewards for being a Year1/2/3 player are tied to your Bungie account rather than to the console family you're on, much in the same way promotional shaders and emblems are? I'm a Year 1 X1 player and a Year 2 PS4 player and I want to continue forward on PS4 (unless a PC version is announced) but I'm afraid I might miss out on some stuff if I do. D:

0 at the moment due to how they are being handled.

zewone

Just got a shader from Shaxx's bounties. I never even heard of it before. Kingspyre.

ir89dKV.jpg

Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to do HM King's Fall but no one really invites the 316 light dude among the other higher levels looking to join on LFG. I've been getting pretty bored with the PvE stuff and never really played much PvP but when Iron Banner returns I guess I'll play.

Haha yeah, that went pretty smooth. Surprised we got through 2 antiquated runes so quickly. Thanks again!

I know how you feel dude. I used to have a regular raid group we were all 315 and under, but the HM raid was possible. Now they all quit playing and I'm sitting at 320, and LFG wants 330+.

I know how you feel dude. I used to have a regular raid group we were all 315 and under, but the HM raid was possible. Now they all quit playing and I'm sitting at 320, and LFG wants 330+.

Raid with DGAFers, anyone demanding anything over 311 should be avoided. A good raid group should even be able to run it with someone sub 311 depending on that persons ability to stay alive.

Noob question:

Is it normal to get much more glimmer/money in patrols? I'm doing the first patrol mission and my glimmer went from 300 something to 2000 something!

Also, am I doing Patrols right? I'm trying to satisfy the quest requirements but even after playing the first patrol mission for almost 90 minutes I've only met half the requirements.

Noob question:

Is it normal to get much more glimmer/money in patrols? I'm doing the first patrol mission and my glimmer went from 300 something to 2000 something!

Also, am I doing Patrols right? I'm trying to satisfy the quest requirements but even after playing the first patrol mission for almost 90 minutes I've only met half the requirements.

Patrols some times require drops from specific enemy type with a zone. Make sure you're killing the right enemies.

Kalamari

Where the train at?

edit: Don't tell Bungie, in a game of Rift on Sector 618, or whatever that stupid map is called, my first lightning grenade scored me a triple kill. It was beautiful, it's a shame there was no train to share the moment with.

Shiv47

Gonna pop a booster and bang out my last five heroics for my faction exotic if anyone is interested in running any as well. Starting in a few minutes.

SpecX

That was a let down. Got a 335 helmet during IB week. Destiny decides ali need a 334 IB helm last night, then reset NF decides I need a 334 saint-14. I need ghost or guanlets, not helmets. Currently stuck at level 333.

That was a let down. Got a 335 helmet during IB week. Destiny decides ali need a 334 IB helm last night, then reset NF decides I need a 334 saint-14. I need ghost or guanlets, not helmets. Currently stuck at level 333.

You can grind challenge of elders for a chance at the ghost during rewards at the end. Not limited by the sigil either. Can run it as many times as you like until one drops.

Manp

soloed 3 NFs and got 2 335 exotics and a 330 jabberhakke. not bad i guess.
i also got 2 Treads Upon Stars, one 335 from a NF (the same where i got the 330 jabberhakke) and one 334 from a strike (brothers).
i find it odd that a random drop can be better than the NF reward but whatever, this is bungie...

:)

The game is passing me off today. I'm trying to complete the first patrol quest and I simply can't. One of the required objectives is to survey an area. I've done many missions in the first patrol mission and I haven't gotten a survey mission. Is there a way to select the mission type in the patrols?

I'm trash at PvP. Like, a complete liability. My K:D is like 0.4. I feel like I move half as fast as everyone else. I feel like I can empty a clip into anyone and they'll just one or two shot me every time.

How can I fix this?

The game is passing me off today. I'm trying to complete the first patrol quest and I simply can't. One of the required objectives is to survey an area. I've done many missions in the first patrol mission and I haven't gotten a survey mission. Is there a way to select the mission type in the patrols?

If a patrol you need isn't popping up, sometimes the only thing to do is keep leaving the planet and coming back until you see it on arrival. It took me forever to complete the high value target quest, I could go for an hour and they would never pop on some planets until I did that.

Shiv47

Adding burns to the heroic strikes was a great decision. It makes them both more enjoyable and faster to get through, while still retaining the threat of dying if careless. Burned through the boss fight of Project SABER in about 10 seconds on one run last night, and killed Taniks in about the same amount of time, before he could teleport to the back of the last room. Finally had a Cloak of Taniks drop after running that who knows how many times, as well. Titan exotic class item down, now for my hunter next.

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

giphy.gif

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

v7wfXCO.gif

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

God roll is:
Torch scope / (Life Support/ Triple Tap) / Hand-Laid Stock / (Firefly / 3rd Eye)

The first options (LS, Firefly) are for PvE, the 2nd options (Triple Tap, 3rd Eye) are for PVP.

TOUNELA HYPE! \o/

Currently lost 10 rumble matches in a row and sbmm still hasn't put me into a match I can compete in. Definitely doesn't help when I'm being matched against people from the middle east or russia

shermas

Noob question:

The short answer: NO! A single patrol shouldn't take 90 minutes... Make sure you are collecting the right drops from the right enemies. Most of them (picking up materials, clearing an area, scanning an item, killing an MVP target) don't take more than a few minutes. Many times, sparrowing to the location is the most time consuming part.

You can finish a raid or a few strikes or all the nightfalls (once you're levelled up) in 90 minutes.

Dave_6

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

giphy.gif

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

v7wfXCO.gif

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

God roll is:
Torch scope / (Life Support/ Triple Tap) / Hand-Laid Stock / (Firefly / 3rd Eye)

The first options (LS, Firefly) are for PvE, the 2nd options (Triple Tap, 3rd Eye) are for PVP.

TOUNELA HYPE! \o/

I'll have to pick up an order for this. Picked up orders for the Cocytus, PDX-45 and the Judith last week but from what I've read none of the rolls are that great.

Dez_

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

giphy.gif

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

v7wfXCO.gif

TOUNELA IS FOR SALE!

God roll is:

TOUNELA HYPE! \o/

I'm gonna need to give this weapon a try. Currently holding on to PDX-45, Cocytus and Dis-47 packages right now, lol.

Edit: Holy shit! I just realized that you can tell when an opponent has their super ready in pvp by looking at their level next to their health.

Sane_Man

Does anyone else have this weird (and amazing) glitch with the Shaxx bounties? I completed the quest line 3 weeks ago, and all of the 3 weeks since when I pick up the bounties with my 3 characters the following happens:

My hunter shows that I've already completed 3 of the bounties
My titan 4
My warlock 2

The bounties themselves don't show that they're complete, but all I need to do is complete 2 bounties on my hunter, 1 on my titan, etc. to fill the weekly bounty up and get the reward. So good.

Does anyone else have this weird (and amazing) glitch with the Shaxx bounties? I completed the quest line 3 weeks ago, and all of the 3 weeks since when I pick up the bounties with my 3 characters the following happens:

My hunter shows that I've already completed 3 of the bounties
My titan 4
My warlock 2

The bounties themselves don't show that they're complete, but all I need to do is complete 2 bounties on my hunter, 1 on my titan, etc. to fill the weekly bounty up and get the reward. So good.
It's not a glitch. If you turn in his other bounties after finishing the main weekly bounty, they will count towards the next weeks true meaning of war. Also, IB weeklies count towards it as well.

Sane_Man

It's not a glitch. If you turn in his other bounties after finishing the main weekly bounty, they will count towards the next weeks true meaning of war. Also, IB weeklies count towards it as well.

Hmm, that makes more sense. I can't work out how that made it the same number completed each week with the same characters though, but must be the iron banner stuff and coincidence.

New matchmaking setting trial is going to be run today in the control playlist.

It's going to be more connection based and the aim is to reduce matchmaking times. Main beneficiaries for this are going to be those at the very top of the skill curve. It should also help reduce the lag, even if it means a little pub stomping might happen.

I will be keeping an eye out on the average ELO of players in matches I play to see if it truly is more connection based!

Top Bottom