• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Navy Bean

I played a bunch of elimination games as a solo tonite (don't ask me why) but holy shit is the lag out of control. It's borderline unplayable. I'm in Pennsylvania, btw.

Still can't get the stupid survey mission done in the first Patrol quest. Here's screen capture:
hUKOrot.jpg

WeTeHa

I think I'm done with pvp, look at this. I know I missed those shotgun shots but wtf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzVHrFWicTM

Happens to me all the time :p
Other things that started happening to me since the introduction of the damage referee (or around that time) is that i get killed by things before they happen on my screen. Like... I'd just randomly die without any enemy around and on my desthscreen I can see some dude running towards me, popping arcblade and swiping where I used to be.

Another thing thats been happening in pve since the last patch is that i don't take any damage at all for like 5-10 seconds... And then all the damage at once :p Usually in strikes where all 3 are red bars.

Just played a rumble match where the top two players were from south America with solid red bars. Everyone else in lobby was European. Lag filled mess and we couldn't touch either of them

My crucible quest "true meaning of war" is stuck 4/5 for both my Titan and warlock even though I turned in 5 completed weekly bounties. Has this happened to anyone else?

Seriously what is up with rumble. I used to comfortably finish in the top 3 and win about 20% of the time. Now I can't even go positive or finish higher than 5th

glaurung

Damn, that is some real bullshit.
Happens to me so much but it wasn't that blatant before though. I've been in situations where I see a sniper scope or somebody starts shooting at me, I don't even challenge, I run behind cover and I'm dead and just sitting there like ????????. Also the spawns got really bad, I spawn into fire a lot and sometimes the enemy spawns right in front of me. I didn't see shit like this in vanilla Destiny.

Happens to me all the time :p
Other things that started happening to me since the introduction of the damage referee (or around that time) is that i get killed by things before they happen on my screen. Like... I'd just randomly die without any enemy around and on my desthscreen I can see some dude running towards me, popping arcblade and swiping where I used to be.

Another thing thats been happening in pve since the last patch is that i don't take any damage at all for like 5-10 seconds... And then all the damage at once :p Usually in strikes where all 3 are red bars.
Didn't know how to quote two people at once but yeah, I lose a lot of gun fights because when I engage with the other player it's like whatever happens on my screen is milliseconds behind what's actually happening because it seems like my shield goes away immediately in gun fights and I'm like wtf did I get shot with?

Psykoboy2

Got to have time for blueberries to complete the Mountaintop quest line.

Makes sense we get at least two months to chase the dragon.

Not just that one, but all the calcified fragments. SIX of those are on a weekly rotation so they have to account for that as well.

Just read up on the full "Montaintop" quest line.

Yeah, I think I may say "frak off" to Year 2 moments of triumph. I play Crucible for fun and enjoy both wins and losses. But I have no desire to grind wins and kills in game modes aside from Control and Clash.

At least I have my OG year 1 emblem.

Yeah, I think I may say "frak off" to Year 2 moments of triumph. I play Crucible for fun and enjoy both wins and losses. But I have no desire to grind wins and kills in game modes aside from Control and Clash.

That might be the old version of the quest. It was updated to be less win based and more participation based.

Psykoboy2

At least I have my OG year 1 emblem.

It isn't as tough as it looks, I promise. And given enough time you could devote one day a week to crucible play for this quest alone and you'd knock it out. Before the nerf, I'd agree with you, but now...it just takes time, that's all.

Axoman

I played a bunch of elimination games as a solo tonite (don't ask me why) but holy shit is the lag out of control. It's borderline unplayable. I'm in Pennsylvania, btw.

Thanks for the invite, oh wait, you didn't invite me!

Ha, I was just working on bounties and saw you playing. At times, your games were joinable and I almost joined a few times.

Axoman

That might be the old version of the quest. It was updated to be less win based and more participation based.

It isn't as tough as it looks, I promise. And given enough time you could devote one day a week to crucible play for this quest alone and you'd knock it out. Before the nerf, I'd agree with you, but now...it just takes time, that's all.

Wow, had no idea they changed the quest requirements:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13940/7_Destiny-Update---11172015

Yeah, that's definitely doable now. Even more doable than "win 100 matches" from last year.

Top Bottom