• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're damn right, Hawk. I was on a business trip in day one and was able to remote play into my PS4. I created my Titan, ran through the intro and explorer the tower with ease on my Vita.
I don't remember a single network issue during my first 24 hours of play, and I was party hopping like crazy.
Damn, vanilla Destiny was great. Remember when we shot bullets into a cave for hours on end and LIKED it?!
Hahaha, well, I didn't do that part ;)

I do sort of miss the original progression journey (at least up to level 29) though. Even though the system in place now is all-around better and more accessible, and the original system frustrated a lot of people because of how poorly it was conveyed, it was really unique and satisfying for me.

Also, in that one match, most people were using HCs. Brought back some HoW nostalgia, felt really good. Hopefully it stays that way. That was the most fun and chaotic match I've had in a while because everyone was aggressive with their HCs and their wasn't a lot of sniping. Please tell me it will stay this way. It's fun.

I used Hawkmoon, and it's still fun after the nerf.

Hey thanks man! I'm on West Coast US time, I have the Warpriest fragment but no emblem, don't really care about the emblem tbh but if there's a time we can do HM KF and do a Golgi or Oryx challenge that's cool too. Don't mind doing Warpriest challenge again either since it's easy enough. :p

Only problem might be the time difference. My lot are usually on from about 7pm till midnight BST, Which will be morning to afternoon time for you won't it? If you are around those times then cool.

I'd also recommend you keep an eye out for an US DGAF who are running the raids. The timings might line up a bit more favourably.

What is the challenge mode this week?

darthbob

Only problem might be the time difference. My lot are usually on from about 7pm till midnight BST, Which will be morning to afternoon time for you won't it? If you are around those times then cool.

I'd also recommend you keep an eye out for an US DGAF who are running the raids. The timings might line up a bit more favourably.

What is the challenge mode this week?

Fair enough, I'm sure there will be plenty of runs in the coming weeks. :)

Challenge mode for this week is Oryx.

Trakan

Played 1 game of Control. Matchmaking still took a while, but it did seem a little less sweaty. The lag though, was present as always.

CmyD48OVIAAVt0e.jpg:large

Do the Moments of Triumph carry over between characters? When I was strictly playing with that character, I completed most of these, aside from the raid and fragments.

Unrelated, but I'm gonna try and find some people to run Skola's Revenge in the Prison of Elders tomorrow night. I really want the Queen's Web shader. I might be able to run it solo with a Sleeper Sim.

Trakan

Alright, please excuse my lack of cool lingo, but what does "sweaty" or "sweaties" mean in reference to MP?

Super MLG tryhard competitive. You have to work your ass off every match and be at your best and on top of your game every single game because of skill based matchmaking. They tweaked it today in control supposedly to focus more on connections.

GhaleonEB

Happy Bungie Day, everyone.

The only items from the Bungie store that I might want, I already have - the engrams and the Bungie throwback shirt. The year 2 Triumphs look better organized than last year, but I don't think I'll be playing again before Rise of Iron drops, so I'll forego the (pretty neat) custom shirt.

I miss this game, but I know the game I miss is not the game it is currently. Still holding out some hope for Rise of Iron.

aarcane

Looks like I need these for Year 2 MoT:

Sword Quest (Have to find that knight on the Dreadnaught)
Calcified fragments (30ish out of 50, not sure how many as bungie.net is screwing up)
Malok strike/PoE 41
HM Oryx kill

Since I'm on Xbox, I'm screwed, aren't I?

Top of page edit for the 50 posts per page people:

aC9E9Fc.gif

Lee

Looks like I need these for Year 2 MoT:

Sword Quest (Have to find that knight on the Dreadnaught)
Calcified fragments (30ish out of 50, not sure how many as bungie.net is screwing up)
Malok strike/PoE 41
HM Oryx kill

Since I'm on Xbox, I'm screwed, aren't I?

I don't play as often, but I'd be happy to help if you see me online and I'm not doing Trials. Gamertag is 'Lee'.

SheHateMe

Happy Bungie Day, everyone.

Happy Bungie Day to you too, G.

Wow. Y2 Triumphs, huh? I'm halfway there. Still need to finish my exotic sword (I just need one more rare material and then the fight in the darkness), take down Oryx in Hard mode, I think I got less than 25 fragments left, and complete a scorecard for the Elders.

Not too hard, right? Right?

A little over 2 months to go. Let's see what I can do with my broken Gunslinger Hunter.

shermas

Just need Golg challenge for all 50 frags, then I'll be done with Y2. Couldn't play at all last week, so kind of a bummer that I missed his challenge week. Oh well.

Can't check my progress as the app is not working but I'm pretty sure I screwed myself. I'm sure I did the exotic sword quest and the calcified fragments on my titan which I have since deleted and replaced.

I need to know dammit. Work app!!!!!

WeTeHa

So.. did bungie change and/or break something again with the most recent patch or server-side update? I haven't gotten any green drops in months and during the daily+nightfall I ran an hour ago I got 4 or 5 green primaries. I was watching a youtube video at the same time and saw something not-blue and not-purple drop from a random thrall and was like "an exotic?! no... a green...?"

shermas

Can't check my progress as the app is not working but I'm pretty sure I screwed myself. I'm sure I did the exotic sword quest and the calcified fragments on my titan which I have since deleted and replaced.

I need to know dammit. Work app!!!!!

Ooooof.. My fingers are crossed for you, but that sounds sketchy. I usually run all the major stuff on my Titan (which I'll never delete) because it's such a pain to keep track of everything

Trakan

So.. did bungie change and/or break something again with the most recent patch or server-side update? I haven't gotten any green drops in months and during the daily+nightfall I ran an hour ago I got 4 or 5 green primaries. I was watching a youtube video at the same time and saw something not-blue and not-purple drop from a random thrall and was like "an exotic?! no... a green...?"

It happens every once in a while, I don't know what triggers it. You'll get green engrams here and there for a while and it'll stop.

Ooooof.. My fingers are crossed for you, but that sounds sketchy. I usually run all the major stuff on my Titan (which I'll never delete) because it's such a pain to keep track of everything

Shouldn't having the exotic swords and beltrane shader be enough?

I really don't want to find all those dsmn fragments again or worse.....gulp

Farm mats

Top Bottom