• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ocean

Banned
Kinda do want that new 7 emblem. But meh, I'm cheap.
US$7 for a Soundtrack will net you 2 emblems (the Soundtrack emblem + the 7-7 emblem).

There's a Vanilla and a TTK soundtrack, and they're sold separately (and they each have an exclusive emblem). I bought the Vanilla one and liked it so much I might buy the TTK one too.

US$7 for a Soundtrack will net you 2 emblems (the Soundtrack emblem + the 7-7 emblem).

There's a Vanilla and a TTK soundtrack, and they're sold separately (and they each have an exclusive emblem). I bought the Vanilla one and liked it so much I might buy the TTK one too.

I bought both soundtracks earlier. They are awesome. Plus the emblems are cool.

2hviweg.png

I'll drink on it.

Alo0oy

Banned
The crucible at low levels is a joke, I'm level 6 and I keep getting matched up with fully upgraded level 40 with end game heavy & special weapons, & all I have is the starter gear.

So what ends up happening is me emptying an entire clip on people without them going down, while they two shot me with their exotic weapons.

Why give me crucible bounties at low levels if it's such an unbalanced mess?

NeOak

The crucible at low levels is a joke, I'm level 6 and I keep getting matched up with fully upgraded level 40 with end game heavy & special weapons, & all I have is the starter gear.

So what ends up happening is me emptying an entire clip on people without them going down, while they two shot me with their exotic weapons.

Crucible is equalized. What matters is the weapon type and the perks.

Crucible is equalized, so your weapons should be doing close to the same damage, and should have about the same TTK as their weapons. Sounds like you are just running into lag.

Alo0oy

Banned
Crucible is equalized. What matters is the weapon type and the perks.

But I have no heavy weapons or perks or anything in terms of upgrades at all, I went to the crucible as soon as I unlocked the ability to do so after getting a bounty, now I lost maybe 10 matches in a row getting one or two shot by things I've never even heard of.

My weapon does no damage at all, there's no way it's "equalized", unless the auto rifle is extremely underpowered.

But I have no heavy weapons or perks or anything in terms of upgrades at all, I went to the crucible as soon as I unlocked the ability to do so after getting a bounty, now I lost maybe 10 matches in a row getting one or two shot by things I've never even heard of.

My weapon does no damage at all, there's no way it's "equalized", unless the auto rifle is extremely underpowered.
Well of course their legendaries and exotics are going to perform better than your white and green weapons. But if your weapon is dealing zero damage, their is something else wrong, like lag. No gun in the game would do zero damage, unless there was some glitch or lag.

Alo0oy

Banned
Well of course their legendaries and exotics are going to perform better than your white and green weapons. But if your weapon is dealing zero damage, their is something else wrong, like lag. No gun in the game would do zero damage, unless there was some glitch or lag.

Obviously zero damage is an exaggeration lol. But I've been emptying entire clips on people and they're still alive.

And I lose 1 on 1 fire fights 100% of the time, even if I ambush them, the only kills I've got are grenade kills or people that are busy in a firefight with someone else.

I don't know why they make the crucible available this early if it's unbalanced like this. I guess people usually "get over it" once they level up.

spyder_ur

Obviously zero damage is an exaggeration lol. But I've been emptying entire clips on people and they're still alive.

And I lose 1 on 1 fire fights 100% of the time, even if I ambush them, the only kills I've got are grenade kills or people that are busy in a firefight with someone else.

I don't know why they make the crucible available this early if it's unbalanced like this. I guess people usually "get over it" once they level up.

It's actually not unbalanced that early in my opinion, some blue and green weapons fare plenty well, but obviously purples and exotics are much better. I would assume you haven't fully leveled a subclass yet either if you're that early? My recommendation would be to finish the story, get to 40, and then get deeper into PvP.

The other thing is you're playing with people who have been playing Destiny multiplayed for months if not a couple years.

Alo0oy

Banned
It's actually not unbalanced that early in my opinion, some blue and green weapons fare plenty well, but obviously purples and exotics are much better. I would assume you haven't fully leveled a subclass yet either if you're that early? My recommendation would be to finish the story, get to 40, and then get deeper into PvP.

The other thing is you're playing with people who have been playing Destiny multiplayed for months if not a couple years.

I started at level 5, but I'm level 7, I gained those two levels losing matches constantly lol.

All my gear are white except for the leg piece which is green.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
These guys never play the objective it seems. All the so called high level players I run into is lucky to capture even one zone. All they care about is kills and jumping around with shotguns.

guys what if

there was a destiny GO app

You walk around getting engrams

Then you can walk to Xur shops

and it all transfers in game

bungie plz

GGs Igor, Nami, John, and Der(even though he doesn't have a GAF account atm)

Some good compeition this weekend in Trials. I did the worst as my warlock :/ what happened to my main bae...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh we ran into one of wreck's goons that last match and destroyed him. Of course he had to teabag even though he lost badly.

Kalamari

You could increase your Guardians intelligence by going to the library, strength by going to the gym, and discipline by going to the basketball court.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If anybody wants to do VOG, I'm up for it with hunter. Want to get the vault cloak again. Wish there were a year two version.

ocean

Banned
These guys never play the objective it seems. All the so called high level players I run into is lucky to capture even one zone. All they care about is kills and jumping around with shotguns.
Jumping around with shotguns is what the game is about tho

Anyone know the recommended light score to fight the taken swarms? In my campaign journey and while in patrols, a bunch of taken appear at certain spots. I have a light score of 91 and weapons with ratings between 90-110. Yet, I can only fight the first wave. As soon as the next level Taken appear, my weapons become completely useless.

I can handle public events that don't have taken in them.

What should the light score be for a level 20 character? Maybe I need to do more patrols and grind to get more experience.

Time to dust off the good old golden gun to complete the Y2 moments of triumph.

Just missing the crucible questline and Challenge of Elders (plus sigil). Gonna have to run King's Fall in order to get over 320 light, as I'm sitting at 316 right now.

Greddleok

So I'm back in after a while of not playing and some technical issues with connecting.

I played the start of taken King but then work took over. The problem is I don't remember what I was aiming for, and I don't really know what to do now...
Any advice on what I should start with? I have some quests but I don't remember a thing about them.

Time to dust off the good old golden gun to complete the Y2 moments of triumph.

Just missing the crucible questline and Challenge of Elders (plus sigil). Gonna have to run King's Fall in order to get over 320 light, as I'm sitting at 316 right now.

If you are trying to get over 320 for the Challenge sigil don't stress, its stupidly easy even at 316. Especially with this weeks modifiers, now is probably the best chance to get it done.

If you are trying to get over 320 for the Challenge sigil don't stress, its stupidly easy even at 316. Especially with this weeks modifiers, now is probably the best chance to get it done.

That's good to know, thanks! So that I can allot a suitable amount of time: how long does a Challenge of Elders run take usually?

phen0m24

2 pages since yesterday. Kinda blown away here.

What are you guys up to? How many of you ordered the shirt. Come on be honest.

I did.

And when we finally have a GAF meet, who has their name on the shirt....

Yeah it was $5

It's really cool seeing so many people playing again if not only for a short while

#
Korocomeback

Top Bottom