• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Owensboro

Welp, this Moment of Triumph thing has gotten me back. What's the quickest way to get up to 320 to do the PoE thing? Also, what's the challenge in King's Fall this week? The only fragment I need is Oryx (of course).

Owensboro

This week is Oryx

.....Well crap! What light level do you need to be to fight his Challenge mode now? I assume they raised it since I was last playing.

Also, anyone planning to do Oryx Challenge mode in the near future? That's the only one I never tried, so I have no idea how you do it.

NeOak

.....Well crap! What light level do you need to be to fight his Challenge mode now? I assume they raised it since I was last playing.

Also, anyone planning to do Oryx Challenge mode in the near future? That's the only one I never tried, so I have no idea how you do it.
310 is fine. It is still a 320 encounter.

shermas

If you are a Titan, just run the bubble in the middle for your group. It's easy (with blessings) to get thru the encounter and everyone needs a Titan for the fight. CM is easier than regular, I think.

stay gold

I take back my positive first impressions of the new Control MM. Red bars everywhere all day. Bungie's incompetence in this regard is staggering.

ch4fx_

Are you on PS4?

Kalamari

Anyone want to run Trials for bounties?

Been playing around with my Hori FPS+ controller a little bit after I gave it up for a while. I discovered you can remap the target button on the back to any other button, so it can work like a one paddle scuf controller.

Anyone want to run Trials for bounties?

Been playing around with my Hori FPS+ controller a little bit after I gave it up for a while. I discovered you can remap the target button on the back to any other button, so it can work like a one paddle scuf controller.

I know the button you mean...what would you remap that to, and how would that help?

Curious what you've done. I have the same controller.

Kalamari

I know the button you mean...what would you remap that to, and how would that help?

Curious what you've done. I have the same controller.

Anything you wanted, I think most people would probable use it for a movement button like for a slide, shadestep, or TG boost. You could remap it to revive for trials, so you can keep shooting while reviving your teammate. It could be useful in many situations, even weapon switching I guess if you like to rushdown using your Titan skating.

I'll probably remap it for sliding, it's a movement that I don't think I use enough, and can be helpful in throwing off opponents.

Owensboro

310 is fine. It is still a 320 encounter.

I'll have to check, but I think I can already hit that. What's the easiest way to level up if not?

If you are a Titan, just run the bubble in the middle for your group. It's easy (with blessings) to get thru the encounter and everyone needs a Titan for the fight. CM is easier than regular, I think.

Yeah, main is a Titan! Awesome.

Are you on PS4?
Yeah, PS4.

Anything you wanted, I think most people would probable use it for a movement button like for a slide, shadestep, or TG boost. You could remap it to revive for trials, so you can keep shooting while reviving your teammate. It could be useful in many situations, even weapon switching I guess if you like to rushdown using your Titan skating.

I'll probably remap it for sliding, it's a movement that I don't think I use enough, and can be helpful in throwing off opponents.

Hmmm cool. Do you have a link that shows me how to do the remap?

RE: sniper discussion

I got some gifs from this weekend of trials.

l0HlDwcakyaE8RLgc.gif

3o6Ztg43POg78u8xpe.gif

These two take skill to pull it off

l0HlSWvTEnHHlKYCs.gif

This one is blind luck and is what people complain about "i put an entire clip of my pulse on him and he still domed me!". 9/10 times i would have missed there.

Well, my week long vacation at home is about to end. I'll probably get another hour or so between now and tomorrow. Between family, work and MBA, I get 10-20 minutes of personal time a week. That's not enough to game. :(

I'll see y'all in six months!

Got to level 19 and I'm about to do my first Mars mission! Really really like the game so far.

Many thanks to all the people who guided me in this thread.

This one is blind luck and is what people complain about "i put an entire clip of my pulse on him and he still domed me!". 9/10 times i would have missed there.

The first gif is a pretty standard swipe snipe, you just fall off the cover right after shooting so it looks a little odd. The second one is QuickDraw + using the Blink trail to estimate his trajectory. Like you said, those are normal "skilled" snipes with good fundamentals. Positioning is good, challenging from smart angles (especially first one) and then the swiping muscle memory takes effect. Plenty of times those same shots miss or hit body but practice makes improvement.

As for the last one, it's clearly a lucky shot like you said. But there seems to be something about the combination of Destiny's flinch, AA and hit registration where this happens more often than it feels like it should. Go on patrol and let a hobgoblin keep shooting you. If you watch the reticle movement while getting hit, it changes speed throughout the flinch. Reticle kinda shoots out and back but then starts to slow down as it returns to center. In some ways that pattern mimics a swipe snipe with AA-based reticle slowdown over targets.

Possibly a hair-brained theory but maybe the flinch and AA slowdowns interact in a way that registers more hits than people expect. At least for me, enemy heads can feel extra sticky when sniping under fire, like the reticle weirdly snaps straight to them. #Destinyconspiracytheories

After failing many times with an lfg group because of people doing dumb shit, we finally detonated all 16 and oryx went to half health.

:eyes:

:fuckthisgame:

Owensboro

FR sent.

I've got a NM Oryx checkpoint, so as soon as I have some guys to help we can run your Titan through the CM to get the fragment. Your LL is also fine for CoE, I'll be around tonight & can run you through that if you want.

Thanks! I might not be able to do anything until after 11 EST though. I appreciate the help though!

Edit: Scratch that, I can start playing now. If you can't pull anything together don't worry about it. I'm in no rush. There's always next time.

Wouldn't that cause no damage dealt instead of limited damage? I thought that was how that worked, anyway.

The bombs tend to detonate in an order, if for example you are shooting at his chest late the first few might not count. Or if you reload in the middle and don't start shooting quick enough a middle few may not count. Its completely screwy though. As I've also seen him take no damage when been consistently shot with ToM

JTripper

After failing many times with an lfg group because of people doing dumb shit, we finally detonated all 16 and oryx went to half health.

:eyes:

:fuckthisgame:

A Gaf team I was with yesterday had trouble figuring out why Oryx wouldn't go down to 1 health after detonating the bombs. I'm still not sure if shooting him while detonating is the answer, since on the game over stats screen it said we either missed a bomb or two. We finally detonated all but I didn't see anyone shooting at him anymore than previous attempts and we finished the challenge.

ocean

Banned
Does anybody have a picture of the emblems you get for buying the pins on the Bungie store?

I know there's a Bungie foundation heart pin and a Destiny logo pin, each with an exclusive emblem.

Does anybody have a picture of the emblems you get for buying the pins on the Bungie store?

I know there's a Bungie foundation heart pin and a Destiny logo pin, each with an exclusive emblem.

Ah...the pins have emblems too? Bungie knows what they are doing. I love/hate it.

Shiv47

Gonna pop a booster and grind out some heroic strikes for my New Monarchy exotic class item. Assuming anyone wants a piece of that hot hot action, I'll be starting in 10-15. Arc burn makes them go pretty quick this week.
Edit: literally got spawned in to first strike a split second before the end timer began counting down. LOL

Dthomp

Gonna pop a booster and grind out some heroic strikes for my New Monarchy exotic class item. Assuming anyone wants a piece of that hot hot action, I'll be starting in 10-15. Arc burn makes them go pretty quick this week.

I'll join ya if you still need some company. Won't be for probably 5-10 though

Top Bottom