• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

EloquentM

aka Mannny
lol it's almost like the mechanic for damaging Oryx is dumb and poorly conveyed to the player.....

:eyes:
I don't think mechanic is dumb and I don't care that isn't not explained (what raid mechanic is 👀). The implementation could use some work though. There needs to be more room for error.

There needs to be more room for error.
You could say that about pretty much the entire raid, except the beginning and the jumping puzzles. The biggest gripe I've always had with Kings Fall is everything required perfection. One death meant an instant wipe. At least in VoG and Crota, you could still complete the encounter easily with one or two deaths, minus the Crota fight.

The two things I hope for in the new raid is that it doesn't require perfection and that we have a little more freedom to use what we want and move around the way we want, I don't want to have to use Black Spindle or ToM because it's head and shoulders above everything else. Yeah Gally was like that, but there were so many more options back then, and I hope we get something like that in the future. (A guy can hope :/)

If I had to choose between more freedom or more mechanics, I'd choose freedom every time.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You could say that about pretty much the entire raid, except the beginning and the jumping puzzles. The biggest gripe I've always had with Kings Fall is everything required perfection. One death meant an instant wipe. At least in VoG and Crota, you could still complete the encounter easily with one or two deaths, minus the Crota fight.

The two things I hope for in the new raid is that it doesn't require perfection and that we have a little more freedom to use what we want and move around the way we want, I don't want to have to use Black Spindle or ToM because it's head and shoulders above everything else. Yeah Gally was like that, but there were so many more options back then, and I hope we get something like that in the future. (A guy can hope :/)

If I had to choose between more freedom or more mechanics, I'd choose freedom every time.
I haven't played hard mode in a while but totems, WP, and golgy should be doable with 1-2 deaths. Still not a lot of freedom in those fights but that counts for something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is the most garbage team I've ever been part of. Nobody wants to capture zones, everybody is just running around getting owned.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When you constantly flip spawns and one or two people are actively trying to get zones but are running into twos and threes and get killed all the time it is a recipe for losing. Doesn't help we had two randoms who did nothing to help that. The opponent had three zones for half of the match of course we had no chance of winning even if everybody went 20+ kills. Usual groups I play with know what to do but that match as an example of why I try not to play with randoms.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is why I say BS whenever someone claims something is easy or whatever. Playing with certain people is proof of that. We've beaten more skilled teams because we played smarter just as we lost to certain teams not because we were more skilled because they played smarter.

I've seen someone with the crucible version of space ferrari so that thing does exist.

ocean

Banned
When you constantly flip spawns and one or two people are actively trying to get zones but are running into twos and threes and get killed all the time it is a recipe for losing. Doesn't help we had two randoms who did nothing to help that. The opponent had three zones for half of the match of course we had no chance of winning even if everybody went 20+ kills. Usual groups I play with know what to do but that match as an example of why I try not to play with randoms.

WOtcOqe.jpg

You're a better player than I am, but you should work on that attitude. Getting all passive aggressive about something as petty as an L in Control, while blaming it on a "garbage team" when you go 0.14 is just bad form.

But yeah that was totally on me for flipping spawns :) GG.

This is a game.

You will have good games and you will have bad games.

If you're having a series of bad games, it's good to take a break before going tilt. Every group you play with is different and every group you'll play against will be different. Different compositions on both sides creates a lot of dynamic play in and of itself.

I usually like to try to see what things that can help the team and try to work on that first, rather than quitting. Of course that's if you see or know things that can help.

At the end of the day, if you're not having fun, it would probably be best to stop playing, whether it's a few hours break, a day, or weeks, etc. We are a community that should help and cheer for one another.

Exactly the OT / Cloud's post a few minutes ago: Don't Worry, Leave Happy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You're a better player than I am, but you should work on that attitude. Getting all passive aggressive about something as petty as an L in Control, while blaming it on a "garbage team" when you go 0.14 is just bad form.

But yeah that was totally on me for flipping spawns :) GG.

I wasn't even talking about you but whatever. I've had way more higher K/D games than you've ever had but that's not the point. You don't see me ever trashing people on my teams ever doing that bad because I know they are going for captures.

Don't even bother playing with me again. I'll cut it short before it gets worse.

You are directly offending and calling out another dgaffer for something as childish and stupid as a game of fucking 6s. A game of fucking 6s let me repeat that. Javier is a nice dude and a good player, you are not being reasonable. This is usually a community. Work it out civilly instead of saying "PEACE yo" and the "im never going to look at him again" route.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I said stop it. Did you not read the part where I said I was even talking about him? I was talking in general.

Just like I don't need to play with anyone no one has to play with me if they don't want. If someone is going to say something about me when I wasn't even referring to them I'm going to say what I have to say. I'm not one of the people bitching about Bungie every day. I actually play the damn game everyday so if someone wants to make things negative with me I'm going to cut it immediately, don't care who it is.

I said stop it. Did you not read the part where I said I was even talking about him? I was talking in general.

Just like I don't need to play with anyone no one has to play with me if they don't want. If someone is going to say something about me when I wasn't even referring to them I'm going to say what I have to say. I'm not one of the people bitching about Bungie every day. I actually play the damn game everyday so if someone wants to make things negative with me I'm going to cut it immediately, don't care who it is.

Wait, so it's cool for you to criticize the "most garbage team ever" for not playing how you want even though you only communicate through GAF threads and now you want people to stop it when they're calling you out for being unreasonable and overreacting to a game of control?

Frenden

Banned
I think it's hard to call out people for being bad when there's a distinct lack of communication, but that's just my non-witch-hunt-y two cents. Communication is everything and being upset that people aren't coordinating when you aren't talking with them is kinda like putting the cart before the horse.

This is coming from a person that absolutely never shuts up, so ymmv.

Azerare

Does anyone know the court of oryx tier 3 rotations? I need Kapoor.
Also does anyone here still do flawless raider runs? It's the last trophy I need to get.

GutZ31

Also does anyone here still do flawless raider runs? It's the last trophy I need to get.

I could start doing them again(flawless runs) if there is a need for it.
As long as we have 4 people, it can be done pretty easy.

Sunday night, my nephew and I will be playing trials in the same room!

Destiny just got done downloading on my other nephew's xbox and it's ready to go.

eBURJC2.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm actually chill.

Got myself a shadow price with crowd control, smallbore/hand loaded and counterbalance. If only the archetype were good.

WeTeHa

I may be mistaken, but I thought the last patch that changed black spindle and NTTE also made the tier 3 bosses random every time you use a tier 3 rune...?

Ji66a-Man

I may be mistaken, but I thought the last patch that changed black spindle and NTTE also made the tier 3 bosses random every time you use a tier 3 rune...?

The rotating Tier 3 boss was a bug. I'm not sure if it was fixed, but Thalnok is supposed to be the Tier 3 boss this week.

Top Bottom