• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Most of you know me as dorssom, and I don't post as often as I should, but I just wanted to say thanks to the whole DGAF community. I love playing with you all, and have had a lot of fun and memorable times over the past two years. There is plenty of salt around here, but at its core a lot of love for this game as well. I've even been having fun in the crucible (hopping onto Kadey trains) and I never thought that would happen! (Doubles with randoms can go straight to hell though.)

Shout out especially to my reset crew: LTWOOD, Kreepmode, hawkian, T-44, JohnOfMars, and more recently WipedOut, TranceAddix, and GutZ31. You all are great players and more importantly, great people. Thanks for letting me hang with ya'll.

And tonight I got this!

ibXf1BM.jpg

Congrats dorssom! Welcome to Guardlan Lordship.

Trophy get. It was definitely level 25. Becoming a sunbreaker was nowhere near as cool as the stormcalller though. I'm probably just going to max out striker and move on to hunter.

Dave_6

Yeah the Stormcaller mission is one of the coolest missions in Destiny. Wish there was a way to replay it though without deleting my Warlock :(

Kalamari

Have Bungie made any comment since the new matchmaking settings went live? because it's literally worse than it's ever been, genuinley unplayable at times.

Ya, I've been playing a fair amount of Rumble lately and the number of redbars is alarming. The population of Destiny must be so low that the only people who play are on dial-up and can't afford Overwatch.

E92 M3

Flawless GET.
Great job everyone. That was as flawless as it should be.
Glad we could do the clan raiding with TODDLER,Looney, and dorrsom.
Congrats to everyone, you guys did awesome.

I will start another tally this weekend for the next flawless run.

You're a good man.

Is it just me, or are scout rifles far and away the best PVE weapon? Two playthroughs and it's still my go-to. (I mostly solo, maybe that changes the equation).

GutZ31

I need the flawless trophy, so I'd like to join the run this weekend.
I will start a new tally for flawless Raider this weekend to see who all needs it. Probably do another Wednesday run if enough people need it.
I may as well start the tally now.

Flawless Raider Run #2 Sign up
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

Please add your name to the list in order, and make sure you put the names of those before you to keep the list correctly ordered.

1. GutZ31
2. Liamc723?
3. sMs104
4. Reluctant-Hero
5. Netguy503

I will start a new tally for flawless Raider this weekend to see who all needs it. Probably do another Wednesday run if enough people need it.
I may as well start the tally now.

Flawless Raider Run #2 Sign up
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

Please add your name to the list in order, and make sure you put the names of those before you to keep the list correctly ordered.

1.GutZ31
2.Liamc723?

Is this for PS4? If so, sign me up. Psn is sMs104. If people to do a run this weekend, let me know.

NeOak

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Destiny-Tri...603060?hash=item43f1be8234:g:4OkAAOSwRQlXftlN

People man... I get that this is the way the world works, but spending $750 on 50 limited edition charity pins only to flip them for a $1,750 profit is slimy. Would have been nice if the pins w/ emblems were also unlocked by the MoT code and were one per person, imho.

7ac15d5937061a4909728831cb2be0f7.jpg
2501a19d1817885d05ed9b5b4f193bd3.jpg

5820d41ea5dcce690e44dc325841b151.jpg
23c693a4a13a463d8e186522ccc419cb.jpg

Yeah, it is scummy, but Bungie should have only allowed a few per account or address at least.

Thank God I only care for the emblems I have from the old Bungie.net days. I pretty much use the one they gave for having registered 4 Halo games.

darthbob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Destiny-Tri...603060?hash=item43f1be8234:g:4OkAAOSwRQlXftlN

People man... I get that this is the way the world works, but spending $750 on 50 limited edition charity pins only to flip them for a $1,750 profit is slimy. Would have been nice if the pins w/ emblems were also unlocked by the MoT code and were one per person, imho.

7ac15d5937061a4909728831cb2be0f7.jpg
2501a19d1817885d05ed9b5b4f193bd3.jpg

5820d41ea5dcce690e44dc325841b151.jpg
23c693a4a13a463d8e186522ccc419cb.jpg

As of right now , 7/7/2016, I do not have any emblems/pins as they have only been released today. Once my bulk of around 50 pins come I will be shipping out and removing this message.

What a scumbag.

Knew this would happen, just glad I managed to snag one of the Tricorn pins on 7/7 before this jerkwad scooped them all up. :(

Yeah, it is scummy, but Bungie should have only allowed a few per account or address at least.

Thank God I only care for the emblems I have from the old Bungie.net days. I pretty much use the one they gave for having registered 4 Halo games.
Ugh, if only Dante knew about flipping...I was lucky in that I ordered both on Bungie day when they were still in stock. Considering Bungie run the store why let scammers get away with shit like this especially when the whole reason for these is charitable in nature.

Just hoping I don't get slapped with customs charges now for two pins lol.

Anyone who ran the Oryx Challenge last week up for Warpriest this weekend btw(or HM)? Had a blast with you guys and would never have even got to that point without the group we have here!

LTWood12

Most of you know me as dorssom, and I don't post as often as I should, but I just wanted to say thanks to the whole DGAF community. I love playing with you all, and have had a lot of fun and memorable times over the past two years. There is plenty of salt around here, but at its core a lot of love for this game as well. I've even been having fun in the crucible (hopping onto Kadey trains) and I never thought that would happen! (Doubles with randoms can go straight to hell though.)

Shout out especially to my reset crew: LTWOOD, Kreepmode, hawkian, T-44, JohnOfMars, and more recently WipedOut, TranceAddix, and GutZ31. You all are great players and more importantly, great people. Thanks for letting me hang with ya'll.

And tonight I got this!

ibXf1BM.jpg

LTTP but congrats to the new Guardian Lords (Dorssom hype)! Thanks Gutz for always helping out this community. One of the many amazing people i've met through DGAF, and undoubtedly the best PvE player in the entire Destiny community
Drizz you're a close #2
He WILL get at least double the amount of kills as you, and he'll do it without ever dying.

edit: Gutz helped me & T-44 Guardian Lord once upon a time. Why back in my day we did it w/ one sword bearer and two gjallarhorns.
OFKQe5fh.jpg

Lee

Ff2KdVD.jpg

Rise of Iron - Hunter Trials Armor

My hunter is an awoken chick so hopefully the chest is lest bulky on the female version. Cloak is slick though.

E92 M3

I get messages about one of my emblems all the time. That said, if it didn't look cool, I wouldn't be using it.

Kinda pissed I missed out on buying that heart emblem.

Ff2KdVD.jpg

Rise of Iron - Hunter Trials Armor

My hunter is an awoken chick so hopefully the chest is lest bulky on the female version. Cloak is slick though.
Looks good, but you're right; that chest plate is too bulky.

Reminds me of the Iron Banner hunter chest piece. That would look amazing if it wasn't for those stupid, protruding knifes on the hips. Looks ridiculous.

Does anyone have the challenge mode checkpoint for this week? Warpriest right? Easy or Hard, I just want to get year 2 triumphs done. Or Oryx hard mode? Need that too.

GutZ31

LTTP but congrats to the new Guardian Lords (Dorssom hype)! Thanks Gutz for always helping out this community. One of the many amazing people i've met through DGAF, and undoubtedly the best PvE player in the entire Destiny community
Drizz you're a close #2
He WILL get at least double the amount of kills as you, and he'll do it without ever dying.

edit: Gutz helped me & T-44 Guardian Lord once upon a time. Why back in my day we did it w/ one sword bearer and two gjallarhorns.
OFKQe5fh.jpg

The overhype is real with this post.
Still, appreciate the kind words.
P.S.
Drizzay is better than me

Kalamari

Bungie employees have decided to become Pokemon masters, they all quit and sold all their possessions to live out their dream.

darthbob

Bwoople

Cosmodrome Winter Tour
Wednesday, July 20th, 10AM Pacific
www.twitch.tv/bungie

This will not be an incursion into the Plaguelands. That’s for later. Before your adventures into new territories begin, you’re invited to join us for an exploration of how the world you know has changed with the passage of time.
-
Iron Banana
Begins: Tuesday, July 19th, 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, July 26th, 2AM Pacific (weekly reset)

The game is Control!

Boots and Gauntlets, and Snipers and Pulse Rifles are up for grabs.

We know it's good to have something to look forward to...

Too true DeeJ... too true.

Top Bottom