• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Confession:
I've always loved Omigul strike. Hell, sometimes I wish the randoms would die at the final room so we could do it all over again.

milkham

Amazing! While we're sharing, here's the image I made for the ill fated post:

vYvtWkk.jpg

haha nice, do you remember why we were doing springsteen?

Dthomp

IB Control...next week? I love it. Need gauntlets badly, and will hope RNG gods give me a good Pulse since I've never had one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is there a cheat to get Golden Gun faster or something. I swear we faced against some guy who used GG like 6 times in one game. He was getting it again way too fast. I had games where I had 30 kills and most I've managed to it was three times. And his team wasn't building orbs for him or anything.

Dez_

IB Control...next week? I love it. Need gauntlets badly, and will hope RNG gods give me a good Pulse since I've never had one.
Yeah, make sure you get one. If it has braced frame, I find it to be a very stable and reliable pvp weapon, even after the pulse rifle nerf.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmmmm. Something is definitely up with the game. Got an ash but it never showed in my inventory even though I have three open heavy slots.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. We got beaten by a good team and rematched and destroyed them. Feels good. And it was a comeback too. Tomorrow is Titan day.

NeOak

Is there a cheat to get Golden Gun faster or something. I swear we faced against some guy who used GG like 6 times in one game. He was getting it again way too fast. I had games where I had 30 kills and most I've managed to it was three times. And his team wasn't building orbs for him or anything.

Was he using Bad Juju?

Dez_

Good games everyone. That was lots of fun. There were some really good players there, but I still got to rotate around a variety of weapons pretty comfortably. Tuonela... I find it harder to use than what I'm used to, but it did give me some good plays from time to time.

I will start a new tally for flawless Raider this weekend to see who all needs it. Probably do another Wednesday run if enough people need it.
I may as well start the tally now.

Flawless Raider Run #2 Sign up
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

Please add your name to the list in order, and make sure you put the names of those before you to keep the list correctly ordered.

1.GutZ31
2.Liamc723?
3.sMs104
4.Reluctant-Hero
Please count me in, Gutz. My PSN is the same as my GAF handle.

100 doubles wins done! (Actually 105 as I helped a friend grind some more wins out. This has to be the sweatiest game mode around. 90% of matches are ridiculously close and either team can win it up until the last few seconds.

We doing a Flawless Raid this weekend, EU-friendly time? Who's the sherpa? Drizz? :D

Yeah I can still do a flawless run this weekend. Sorry I haven't been around much recently but I'm still up for it. Hell, I'm down for multiple runs if there are actually enough interested people. #TeamFirstTry runs take 30 minutes, most flawless are ~60-90 minutes max
unless something goes horribly wrong considering I haven't run these in months

Anybody that's interested in flawless raiding this weekend, just respond to this post and let me know what times work for you (please include time zone).

Yeah I can still do a flawless run this weekend. Sorry I haven't been around much recently but I'm still up for it. Hell, I'm down for multiple runs if there are actually enough interested people. #TeamFirstTry runs take 30 minutes, most flawless are ~60-90 minutes max

Anybody that's interested in flawless raiding this weekend, just respond to this post and let me know what times work for you (please include time zone).
I'm free both Saturday and Sunday from 15.00 CET / 14.00 GMT / 9.00 AM EST onwards...

Jinjo

I'm down. Got stay-at-home holiday and the weather is shit. It's time to get that Guardian Lord title after almost 2 years. I can do pretty much all of saturday and sunday, except for sunday evening (CET/GMT). That's my usual raid-time with the crew.

No Xur post yet?

Xur selling:

Ruin Wings
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Light Beyond Nemesis
Super Good Advice
Legacy Engram Gauntlet Engram

Edit- Location: The Reef

I'm down. Got stay-at-home holiday and the weather is shit. It's time to get that Guardian Lord title after almost 2 years. I can do pretty much all of saturday and sunday, except for sunday evening (CET/GMT). That's my usual raid-time with the crew.

Jinjo of all people doesn't have flawless?

Okay, we've got 3 for flawless raider, probably Saturday sometime. 3 spots still open.

1.)

2.) Johnny_385
3.) Jinjo
4.)
5.)
6.)

Hedera

Okay, we've got 3 for flawless raider, probably Saturday sometime. 3 spots still open.

1.)

2.) Johnny_385
3.) Jinjo
4.) hedera_
5.)
6.)
Added myself. Should be available all day (starting at ~ 10am EDT), although ideally for me would be starting sometime around 4pm EDT/ 10pm CEST onwards.

Jinjo

No Xur post yet?

Xur selling:

Ruin Wings
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Light Beyond Nemesis
Super Good Advice

1.)

2.) Johnny_385
3.) Jinjo
4.)
5.)
6.)

Lol, I know. As part of the OG #TeamFirstTry the shame is real.

I've always just been lazy about it honestly though. Cause once I get flawless I have no excuse to not chase those Ghosts and Salvage trophies.

ch4fx_

I have no excuse to not chase those Ghosts and Salvage trophies.

Neither of which are too painful, especially knowing they are all you need for the platinum. There are videos on YouTube with efficient paths for picking up ghosts & salvage is totally doable in an afternoon with good company.

Good luck with flawless, don't die :).

Acidote

No Xur post yet?

Xur selling:

Ruin Wings
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Light Beyond Nemesis
Super Good Advice

1.)

2.) Johnny_385
3.) Jinjo
4.) Acidote
5.)
6.)

I'm in!

GutZ31

Lol, I know. As part of the OG #TeamFirstTry the shame is real.

I've always just been lazy about it honestly though. Cause once I get flawless I have no excuse to not chase those Ghosts and Salvage trophies.

Neither of which are too painful, especially knowing they are all you need for the platinum. There are videos on YouTube with efficient paths for picking up ghosts & salvage is totally doable in an afternoon with good company.

Good luck with flawless, don't die :).

So, when I was sherpa'ing early on for VoG runs, a group asked if I would be willing to attempt flawless with them. At that time, I wasn't planning on getting guardian lord, but felt like helping.
After 24 tries, we got everyone flawless raider in VoG. We had to rerun it again after 2 people got disconnected at the last minute(2 people didn't get the trophy). was a mess.
After that, I looked at my trophy list and realized that the hardest part was done, so why not do the rest.

Hedera

I actually enjoyed the ghost hunting. Thought it was very relaxing (aside from a couple of spots that took a few -a lot- of tries to get to) with headphones on, enjoying some music.

FyreWulff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Destiny-Tri...603060?hash=item43f1be8234:g:4OkAAOSwRQlXftlN

People man... I get that this is the way the world works, but spending $750 on 50 limited edition charity pins only to flip them for a $1,750 profit is slimy. Would have been nice if the pins w/ emblems were also unlocked by the MoT code and were one per person, imho.

7ac15d5937061a4909728831cb2be0f7.jpg
2501a19d1817885d05ed9b5b4f193bd3.jpg

5820d41ea5dcce690e44dc325841b151.jpg
23c693a4a13a463d8e186522ccc419cb.jpg

IIRC those pins will refill and you'll be able to get the emblem via the pin for the normal price again. At least I remember that heart emblem being available well before Bungie Day via purchasing that pin. A lot of stuff on the store has emblems and a couple have shaders that come with them.

Added myself. Should be available all day (starting at ~ 10am EDT), although ideally for me would be starting sometime around 4pm EDT/ 10pm CEST onwards.

Okie doke, that's 5 for Saturday flawless. Exact time TBD. Maybe 1 spot open depending on schedules?

1.)

2.) Johnny_385
3.) Jinjo
4.) hedera_
5.) Acidote
6.)

I'm looking to do a flawless raid as well. I'm good for sometime on Saturday probably after 7pm Central.

That may be too late for the European contingent since I believe that's 1am GMT. If they (johnny and Jinjo) are okay with that, then you can be the sixth. Otherwise, I'm happy to do another flawless run later in the day since it seems there'll be enough interest.

This run is almost filled.
Thanks to Drizzay for picking up the EU folks.

...especially once I poach some players from Gutz's run
eyes.jpg
Who wants to wait until Wednesday anyway? Not to mention all the Bridge cheesing he does...

#MakeTheBridgeEncounterGreatAgain
#BuildTheWallBridge

GutZ31

...especially once I poach some players from Gutz's run
eyes.jpg
Who wants to wait until Wednesday anyway? Not to mention all the Bridge cheesing he does...

#MakeTheBridgeEncounterGreatAgain
#BuildTheWallBridge

Hey, I will cheese that tower as I damn well please.
#MakeCheeseGreatAgain
#WhereAreMyPants

Shiv47

Killed five people with a lightning grenade last night in the Gaf train. Was hilarious, seeing them keep popping up on the screen. My first Slayer medal that I'm aware of. Of course, we lost that game, but I became legend for all of a few seconds there.

ch4fx_

Otherwise, I'm happy to do another flawless run later in the day since it seems there'll be enough interest.

If you get more runs together this weekend & need an extra, I'll be glad to help.

So, when I was sherpa'ing early on for VoG runs, a group asked if I would be willing to attempt flawless with them. At that time, I wasn't planning on getting guardian lord, but felt like helping.
After 24 tries, we got everyone flawless raider in VoG. We had to rerun it again after 2 people got disconnected at the last minute(2 people didn't get the trophy). was a mess.
After that, I looked at my trophy list and realized that the hardest part was done, so why not do the rest.

When the trophy list for Destiny came out I looked at them & didn't think anything sounded too hard, I figured with enough trial/error I could eventually get everything done. Upon release, I found out that I highly underestimated the difficulty of Flawless Raider, and never thought about the platinum again...
until my GAF account was approved.

I noticed the platinum was obtainable for me when I checked my trophy list & was only missing the ghosts throphy, clan related trophies, and flawless. I told myself I wasn't going to beg for help with Flawless until after I had already unlocked everything else, so I got to work on the clan trophies & knocked those out rather easily. The ghosts were super easy to find since YouTube is a thing, & now I'm just left with Flawless.

This is where GAF did the GAF thing, guardians came together & I didn't even have to ask for help! A good dude on my friends list
whats up Cloud!
noticed Flawless was all I was missing & we made arrangements on the spot to run Crota that night. A few hours later, 2 more GAFers fill up our fireteam & we 6 man Crota. 5 of us walk away with Flawless & I finally got the platinum I never thought was a reality.

Does tier 2 CoO rotate? I need Court of Oryx Tier 2 Krughor + Vorlog for the fragment. Just wondering if its just random or what.

Yeah it is completely random. Back in the day before Bungies website tracking which ones you had it was a nightmare. I had to sit with a pen and paper and note each combo I faced on a character.

WeTeHa

I actually enjoyed the ghost hunting. Thought it was very relaxing (aside from a couple of spots that took a few -a lot- of tries to get to) with headphones on, enjoying some music.

I did that as well. I also always do this with ubisoft games. I like collecting stuff and listening to podcasts or watching tv, I think it's relaxing.

Looks like I missed out on this since Liam posted before me, but can I get put into a waitlist in case someone doesn't show up?

PSN: TheNegativeDude

EDIT: Actually count me out. Just realized I have only done Crota's End once and I dont want to ruin flawless raider for everyone. lol

Liam's in Gutz's group, I wouldn't worry about it being your first time, as you could probably get through it without shooting anything. I've taken people through Crota flawless when its there first time (and when we were only slightly overlevelled), its an extended strike

Yeah it is completely random. Back in the day before Bungies website tracking which ones you had it was a nightmare. I had to sit with a pen and paper and note each combo I faced on a character.

Well hopefully I get lucky. I don't have luck with Destiny though. Never got fatebringer.

Dez_

Honestly, I'd like to try my hand at doing the flawless raider too, if another group will form for Saturday. Don't know about the time availability, though.

Lnkn52

Congrats to all the latest Guardian Lords. Extra special to our Double Guardian Lords!

Make sure to refresh the page to view the changes.

Top Bottom