• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Hedera

So, my question is... if I buy (I guess I have to) RoI through PSN, do I still have to use my TTK disc when I start the game?
Yes, that's why I'm considering going full digital and get the Legendary edition.

Edit: Guess I should put a source: https://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/rise-of-iron

Scroll down and you'll find "Requires Destiny game and The Taken King (includes Expansions I & II). Sold separately."

If you don't have vanilla digitally I don't think you'll be able to play without the disc.

WeTeHa

Yep, I still need the vanilla disc after buying TTK digitally
I believe so.
Yes, that's why I'm considering going full digital and get the Legendary edition.
I hope we don't if we can't buy a physical edition.

Ugh, that's annoying. Come on bungie, i just want a disc for my collection. But at least let me have the benefit of not having to switch discs when the only option is to buy it digitally.

Just got an etheric light. Any reason to ascend an oldie or should I just turn into Petra for rep? Is there a third option?
Unless you run VoG and Crota a bunch, not much reason to ascend year 1 gear. Crucible is equalized, so it won't affect then there. The only use for it now is to put into Petra.

ekgrey

Okay DGAF, I need your help.

I traded my PS4 and copy of the game for a Wii U long ago, but am looking at getting both again soon. While the flash sale was on, I figured now might be the time.

I had purchased the collector's edition or whatever of the base game that came with the season pass. So I should still have access to Expansion I and II, right? But it's only $5 more for the Legendary Edition of TTK than the regular one and vanilla Destiny is no longer available digitally. I can get a used one from Amazon for like $9 but once I buy TTK, it ends up being more than just getting the Legendary Edition and paying for some redundant content.

But that's fine I guess, as long as it doesn't cause any issues with my old characters or anything. It won't, right? Even the regular edition includes Expansion I and II, so I'm assuming not. I don't like the idea of paying for something twice, but so it goes, I suppose. (heh)

I need TTK to play Rise of Iron, right? So I can't just buy vanilla on Amazon and then buy ROI?

And I assume I still have those characters, right? They didn't like purge their servers of lapsed players or anything? I'm sure all that kickass gear I had is now trash, but I imagine it's better than starting entirely from scratch?

And lastly, is all that shit still exclusive to PS4? The strikes and raids and whatnot? I actually already have an XB1 and am really itching to play and a PS4 purchase is at least a couple weeks off. Seems dumb to buy that version if it's missing a bunch of stuff though....

edit: sorry for the rambling wall of text. I'm on like day 20 of a sinus infection and I think my brain is too choked in mucus to properly fuction

GutZ31

Okay DGAF, I need your help.

I traded my PS4 and copy of the game for a Wii U long ago, but am looking at getting both again soon. While the flash sale was on, I figured now might be the time.

I had purchased the collector's edition or whatever of the base game that came with the season pass. So I should still have access to Expansion I and II, right? But it's only $5 more for the Legendary Edition of TTK than the regular one and vanilla Destiny is no longer available digitally. I can get a used one from Amazon for like $9 but once I buy TTK, it ends up being more than just getting the Legendary Edition and paying for some redundant content.

But that's fine I guess, as long as it doesn't cause any issues with my old characters or anything. It won't, right? Even the regular edition includes Expansion I and II, so I'm assuming not. I don't like the idea of paying for something twice, but so it goes, I suppose. (heh)

I need TTK to play Rise of Iron, right? So I can't just buy vanilla on Amazon and then buy ROI?
Yes, you need all other DLC to play ROI.
And I assume I still have those characters, right? They didn't like purge their servers of lapsed players or anything? I'm sure all that kickass gear I had is now trash, but I imagine it's better than starting entirely from scratch?
All your character data is still there, and gear has not been purged.
The gear you have will likely be under optimal light level, so equipping gear as it drops will need to happen to stay offencive, and defensive.
And lastly, is all that shit still exclusive to PS4? The strikes and raids and whatnot? I actually already have an XB1 and am really itching to play and a PS4 purchase is at least a couple weeks off. Seems dumb to buy that version if it's missing a bunch of stuff though....
Yes, there are still exclusive gear and missions only on playstation. Raids are not locked to Sony platforms, but a few strikes, and some weapons and armor are.
edit: sorry for the rambling wall of text. I'm on like day 20 of a sinus infection and I think my brain is too choked in mucus to properly function
Welcome back, and hope you feel better soon.

ekgrey

Yes, you need all other DLC to play ROI.

All your character data is still there, and gear has not been purged.
The gear you have will likely be under optimal light level, so equipping gear as it drops will need to happen to stay offencive, and defensive.

Yes, there are still exclusive gear and missions only on playstation. Raids are not locked to Sony platforms, but a few strikes, and some weapons and armor are.

Welcome back, and hope you feel better soon.

Hell yeah, thanks a bunch man. I am ridiculously excited about it. Nothing else has ever scratched that itch quite right. I might actually just buy it on XB1 while I continue saving for a PS4. It's kind of stupid, but it'd also mean I could play with anyone, regardless of platform.

GutZ31

Hell yeah, thanks a bunch man. I am ridiculously excited about it. Nothing else has ever scratched that itch quite right. I might actually just buy it on XB1 while I continue saving for a PS4. It's kind of stupid, but it'd also mean I could play with anyone, regardless of platform.

If you just want to jump back in right away, that sounds fine. I will warn you, it can be a little hard to find DGaf groups for Xbox trains and raids.
The player base for Xbox One is not small, but compared to the PS4 community, they are vastly lacking in posting regularly.

GutZ31

Flawless Raider Run #2 Sign up
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

Please add your name to the list in order, and make sure you put the names of those before you to keep the list correctly ordered.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503

We have 2 spots open for Flawless.

———————–––---

Please add your name to the list in order, and make sure you put the names of those before you to keep the list correctly ordered.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503

We have 2 spots open for Flawless.

Well, why not. I haven't done a flawless.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden

EDIT: just noticed I don't have the trophy for raiding with everyone being in the same clan either. I really thought I had that.

Completely random drops, but sure. I've farmed that area a lot and rune drops are really rare.

People can get their own pretty simply by levelling up Eris - she gives lots of runes. And she sells T1 and T2 runes as well.

Sure, and you can do all of those at once with a full fireteam, it's just easier.

And really, that one bounty of hers + Dreadnought Hidden threats given runes often too.

A little better, sorry if the size is too big

3oEjHNoryisY315Eo8.gif

fun stuff!

Acidote

So, I'm gonna need help for the Moments of Triumph. If there are any sherpas around willing to help me with the Golgoroth challenge (only fragment missing) and an HM Onyx kill, that would be great.

I can do the CoE scorecard further beyond but the challenge is going to be this next reset and I don't want to miss it.

The size was huge, trying to make it a little better, I'll edit it soon

giphy.com makes smaller file sizes, the ones from imgur can be huge.

So, I'm gonna need help for the Moments of Triumph. If there are any sherpas around willing to help me with the Golgoroth challenge (only fragment missing) and an HM Onyx kill, that would be great.

I can do the CoE scorecard further beyond but the challenge is going to be this next reset and I don't want to miss it.

Wait, is Golgi CM this week or it will start on Tuesday reset? I can help, when were you thinking?

I'm not sure how much interest there is for Sherpa groups running CMs for the Triumphs. If so we could get some groups together similar to flawless raids.

Added you to the Triumphs group on PSN, plenty of players so you can find a group and knock it out.

Wait, is Golgi CM this week or it will start on Tuesday reset? I can help, when were you thinking?

I'm not sure how much interest there is for Sherpa groups running CMs for the Triumphs. If so we could get some groups together similar to flawless raids.

At reset tomorrow.

Acidote

Yup, reset tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.

Thank you for adding me to the group. Now I have to understand how do those groups work because I have so much people on the friends list that I always miss something. I'll check it out when I get home around 4.30pm CET and find out.

By the way, is anybody else having problems with the PS Messages app? It always goes to the login screen even when I'm logged in. I saw the notification for the group thing yet I couldn't check it out.

giphy.com makes smaller file sizes, the ones from imgur can be huge.

I just need Golgy for my final fragment and my triumphs are done. I'm sure I am not alone in needing that or some of the other CM's

Starting new group.

1) Dr. Drizzy
2) TheNegativedude
3) Dez
4)
5)
6)

I'd love to be able to join in and get the flawless raid done if possible. My psn: rcmDez. If there's enough interest. I'm open for a good part of the day.

I'm up for it. I've never run Crota before though.

Afaik everyone quoted here is still interested in doing flawless CE? I believe Gutz only has 1 spot open for his Wednesday run. So if people are still interested we could do another run sometime soon, even tonight (EST). We wouldn't need a full group necessarily but if anyone else still wants flawless raider just throw up a post.

Finally got to the Lighthouse yesterday and got my new flawless emblem. That was a sweaty run.

Also, chalk me up to the Guardian Lords table if anyone is still doing that. I've had 100% on Destiny and TTK since forever. http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2874-Destiny/glaurung

PM this gentleman here to be added to the list: Lnkn52

I just need Golgy for my final fragment and my triumphs are done. I'm sure I am not alone in needing that or some of the other CM's

Sounds good. I never really check those PSN Group things, but if anybody wants a sherpa to help clear a CM just send me a PSN message or post/PM here. Tbh it's probably better if we fill the group with people who actually need it since the CMs aren't too hard and you can do Normal mode anyway. But I'm happy to help if needed.

B-Man

Welp, i caved in to the psn flash sale and bought TTK.

Feel free to add me if you're ok with teaming with a not so good fps PvE only player!
PSN Username: HeisenB-Man

Welcome to the we beat Krafty exclusive club on GAF lead by none other than Driz.

lol it's been so long since I played him. Twice year 1 w Unstable and Wicked, I remember one week on BShrine it was the first game we played at reset and then another time on Widow's Court. Then it was me, you and Ghazi on Firebase and last time was Igor and Biggy on BShrine again. It'd be fun to play him again but I could also filter him out with the Netduma...

Welp, i caved in to the psn flash sale and bought TTK.

Feel free to add me if you're ok with teaming with a not so good fps PvE only player!
PSN Username: HeisenB-Man

My PSN is same as gaf. I don't mind helping you out. There is also a refer a friend quest that we could do for some exclusive gear if you want. It's time gated so it has to be started within the first week of playing

Liamc723

So I'm very close to the Destiny platinum trophy now, and the only things left I need to do are with my clan.

So, if anyone from Yea That's A Wipe would be willing to do a strike and a raid with me, let me know. It would be appreciated!

I can help with Golgoroth and HM Oryx CM or non CM, doesn't matter.
Reset day is tomorrow, would like to go through the raid and get the Golgy CM gear. :D
And then onto Iron Banana.
I'm free from 17h CET onwards.

Hedera

———————–––---

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden
6. hedera_
Alright, added myself (that's also my psn). It'll be 2am for me so I may or may not need to bail depending on what time I need to wake up on Thursday.

]Afaik everyone quoted here is still interested in doing flawless CE? I believe Gutz only has 1 spot open for his Wednesday run. So if people are still interested we could do another run sometime soon, even tonight (EST). We wouldn't need a full group necessarily but if anyone else still wants flawless raider just throw up a post.
Yeah, just went ahead and joined Gutz group since evening EST would be around the same time as his group anyway.

Thanks Drizz.

Dez_

Afaik everyone quoted here is still interested in doing flawless CE? I believe Gutz only has 1 spot open for his Wednesday run. So if people are still interested we could do another run sometime soon, even tonight (EST). We wouldn't need a full group necessarily but if anyone else still wants flawless raider just throw up a post.
Sure! If that's still possible today, that would be great! I'm on PST though, so I'll be available from about 5pm and beyond, possibly earlier. I would have joined Gutz's group, but I'll be on vacation starting Wednesday. I know this thread has been pretty slow lately, so it's not a big deal if it can't be done today.

Beagles329

Neo Member
I main Titan but want to level up my Warlock. He's only 27.

What's the fastest way to level up alts?
The quickest way is to run all of the bounties each day, both Vanguard & Crucible. Those will get you leveled up in a hurry. After the bounties are completed each day, then run story missions.

Lol this is awesome. Looks like the concussive blast from pharah in overwatch.

Give it a try! I've since tested it a few times and Arrow + Vortex grenade seems to launch pretty often.

It might of been because it was so late and we were all tired but my party and I laughed at that for about 10 minutes!

Any tips on HM Oryx fight?

A few people in my group seem to have trouble either killing ogres immediately or killing the knights. If they do both of these things then they seem to die. Everyone is 330+ except one that's 322.

I am relic running so have no (visual) idea wtf they're doing wrong.

We were doing assigned platforms instead of assigned 1-3; may switch it up so we can get a reliable shooter as second floater.

Top Bottom