• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Psykoboy2

The quickest way is to run all of the bounties each day, both Vanguard & Crucible. Those will get you leveled up in a hurry. After the bounties are completed each day, then run story missions.

This. This. And more this.

Shit, my Hunter got up to 40 in no time running this method. So fast in fact that if I'm the party leader with my Hunter, I have to pass it on to someone else cause I haven't even unlocked the Dreadnought yet. Hell, I haven't even finished vanilla Destiny story with him yet.

Sadetar

Any tips on HM Oryx fight?

A few people in my group seem to have trouble either killing ogres immediately or killing the knights. If they do both of these things then they seem to die. Everyone is 330+ except one that's 322.

I am relic running so have no (visual) idea wtf they're doing wrong.

We were doing assigned platforms instead of assigned 1-3; may switch it up so we can get a reliable shooter as second floater.
It is way easier to have assigned 1-3 and have the same ones in the middle all the time killing the ogres and taking care of the fourth knight. Easiest if there is two titans in the middle, but it works fine with only one as well.

Also underline the importance of taking down your own knight and ask them to ask for help immediatelly if they are having troubles. Knights are one shot with sniper rifles these days.

Any tips on HM Oryx fight?

A few people in my group seem to have trouble either killing ogres immediately or killing the knights. If they do both of these things then they seem to die. Everyone is 330+ except one that's 322.

I am relic running so have no (visual) idea wtf they're doing wrong.

We were doing assigned platforms instead of assigned 1-3; may switch it up so we can get a reliable shooter as second floater.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B67rssMMR0GTeXFYRzhCVnY1U0k/view?pref=2&pli=1

There you go. Everything you need to know about Oryx HM. :)

Kukawaki

Ladies, Fish & Gentlemen!

I need allies and a checkpoint for Warpriest CM:

1. Kuka
2. Kuka's Friend

We can do it in around two and a half hours from now. Any takers?
Anyone that can share the checkpoint before then?

Edit: PSN - Kukawaki

I can feel the SBMM in rumble. I think I am straddling two skill buckets. As I can win a match comfortably. Then the next one is super sweaty and I can struggle to finish in top 3. I stay in that bucket for another 2-3 matches then I get bumper down into the lower skill one where I dominate and get 2 back to back wins before moving into higher skill bucket.

Oh well. Up to 47 rumble wins now

Dave_6

I can feel the SBMM in rumble. I think I am straddling two skill buckets. As I can win a match comfortably. Then the next one is super sweaty and I can struggle to finish in top 3. I stay in that bucket for another 2-3 matches then I get bumper down into the lower skill one where I dominate and get 2 back to back wins before moving into higher skill bucket.

Oh well. Up to 47 rumble wins now

I feel that way in most crucible matches. Guess with my barely positive 1.07 KDR that I'm teetering on that line. I mean look at this sine wave of excellence:
28392919205_086a9b9590_o.png

GutZ31

Well, why not. I haven't done a flawless.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden

EDIT: just noticed I don't have the trophy for raiding with everyone being in the same clan either. I really thought I had that.

Alright, added myself (that's also my psn). It'll be 2am for me so I may or may not need to bail depending on what time I need to wake up on Thursday.

Yeah, just went ahead and joined Gutz group since evening EST would be around the same time as his group anyway.

Thanks Drizz.
For now, team is locked unless otherwise stated.

Flawless Raider Run #2
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden
6. hedera_

Ladies, Fish & Gentlemen!

I need allies and a checkpoint for Warpriest CM:

1. Kuka
2. Kuka's Friend

We can do it in around two and a half hours from now. Any takers?
Anyone that can share the checkpoint before then?

Edit: PSN - Kukawaki

Sure, ill help out.
PSN is Princeakuma23

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont like this new leveling up system introduced in the April update. Yes, I have gone up 16 light levels in a week but that's a dedicated week of playing nothing but Destiny all week. The biggest problem I have is the 1-6 range of light levels you will get whenever you go up a level or earn something from the raid or nightfall. I almost always get something in the 1-3 range which sucks because most of the times I am getting these items with the same light levels for weapons or armors I already own.

It really sucks to waste 125 motes upgrading your faction to get an item with the same exact light level as the one you already have. Last night, I went kinda crazy after the exotic i earned from the crucible turned out to be 329 leg armor even though I already had a 329 leg armor. I proceeded to transfer all the motes of lights, weapon and armor parts, ammo synthesis and spirit blooms from my other characters and upgraded three more times and had the same thing happen to me two more times. That's literally hundreds of motes of lights, weapon parts, armor mats and dozens of ammo synthesis all wasted. I did luck out on the last upgrade and got a 328 chest armor which finally brought me up from 325 to 326.

I guess all these dups will make it easier for me to quickly bring up my alt characters, but it's extremely annoying to play all day, upgrade three different factions and level up just once.

B-Man

My PSN is same as gaf. I don't mind helping you out. There is also a refer a friend quest that we could do for some exclusive gear if you want. It's time gated so it has to be started within the first week of playing

Done, thank you so much, i'm not sure if i'll have that quest or not since i played alot of vanilla destiny, but if it's there, will definitely ask for your help!

Done, thank you so much, i'm not sure if i'll have that quest or not since i played alot of vanilla destiny, but if it's there, will definitely ask for your help!

Just sent you a PM with the refer a friend link. Give me a shout whenever I am on and I will give you a hand with whatever you need

SpecX

Quick question, was playing doubles with a friend this weekend and I was noticing at random my character takes forever to look and turn right, but instantly responds when turning left. Is this by design or is it my controller not being calibrated? it doesn't always happen, but I lost a few engagements where I couldn't turn quick enough to line up a shot.

Hedera

Quick question, was playing doubles with a friend this weekend and I was noticing at random my character takes forever to look and turn right, but instantly responds when turning left. Is this by design or is it my controller not being calibrated? it doesn't always happen, but I lost a few engagements where I couldn't turn quick enough to line up a shot.
I think this is happening to me, but in my situation it's not random though. Camera will turn super slow to the right and faster left (it could be the other way around, not 100% sure right now).

I'm assuming it's the controller. It's been like this for a while now but I just forget to reset the controller to see if it helps at all.

Also, haven't been playing other games so I can't say if it happens on Destiny only.

Kukawaki

Need two more for Warpriest CM in 15 minutes!

1. Kuka
2. Kuka's Friend
3. Princeakuma23
4. Sadetar
5. Kyored

We would also welcome a checkpoint donor :)

Edit: Looks like we may have one more, Kyored, can you confirm? I need to chekc psn app more often.

What are the current best scout and auto rifles right now in both the legendary and exotic categories?

Right now I'm using a stability/reload PvP god-roll Vanquisher VIII from year 1 in cruicible for my auto rifle. Nothing seems to top it.

I've been using the vendor Hung Jury in PvE for my scout rifle. I've heard Tlaloc is pretty good but I don't know how it could beat Mida.

SpecX

I think this is happening to me, but in my situation it's not random though. Camera will turn super slow to the right and faster left (it could be the other way around, not 100% sure right now).

I'm assuming it's the controller. It's been like this for a while now but I just forget to reset the controller to see if it helps at all.

Also, haven't been playing other games so I can't say if it happens on Destiny only.

That's my issue as well, haven't played any other game to see if it's the controller or Destiny. At least now I know it's not just me.

For now, team is locked unless otherwise stated.

Flawless Raider Run #2
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden
6. hedera_

Hey it's sMs104 (thats my psn). Any tips for the flawless Raider trophy? I don't really want to go in blind. Any good videos out there or good loadouts for a hunter?

Edit: Keep in mind, i'm a light lvl 334. So definitely not under leveled.

Hey it's sMs104 (thats my psn). Any tips for the flawless Raider trophy? I don't really want to go in blind. Any good videos out there or good loadouts for a hunter?

Nightstalker or Bladedancer. If you have a pair of Dont Touch Me gloves, that helps. 1-2 Hunters can solo the first part. Used to do it back in the day.

Second part is more about coordination.

Third part is boss fight, just watch a few vids, but the main thing is if the Swordbearer is doing 1 round or 2.

Kukawaki

Be very, veeery careful with rocket launchers.

So are the only possible drops from IB the things Lord Salami is selling?

Cause I haven't played in a long time and I wanna grind out IB for stuff.

Top Bottom