• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Next week's Trials map is Exodus Blue.
Drizzay comeback week hype!

👀

Here's drizzay's last match before he took a break before the patch. The most Destiny way to take a break, against 3 sunsingers (they were still OP here), all with self revive, 4-4 round, cap zone coming up, final boss with no mercy 👀

https://youtu.be/k2k1HQScAmU

Its a new world now drizz, better in some ways, worse in others (i actually fought against triple sunsingers this weekend cheesing their way to victory with 6 fusion nades and universal remote 😒).

Acidote

A little more than an hour from now we're going for Golgi CM. We're still missing 3 more people and we have the CP.

1. Acidote
2. j0hnny_385
3. Kukawaki

phen0m24

👀

Here's drizzay's last match before he took a break before the patch. The most Destiny way to take a break, against 3 sunsingers (they were still OP here), all with self revive, 4-4 round, cap zone coming up, final boss with no mercy 👀

https://youtu.be/k2k1HQScAmU

Its a new world now drizz, better in some ways, worse in others (i actually fought against triple sunsingers this weekend cheesing their way to victory with 6 fusion nades and universal remote 😒).

GGS guys egads

I watched true vanguard's trials highlights last weekend and he went NLB. Yikes
You guys see that?

Pilgor

I've recently gotten back into the game on PS4, haven't played since vanilla destiny in 2014. I've completed Vault of Glass dozens of times, both hard and normal.

Would a few people be willing to help me and a friend run Crota's End? I'm available weekdays after 6pm CST.

Lee

Bungie store order came yesterday. I met the USPS driver on the porch I was so excited. Go inside, set it down, once the kids were taking a nap I went to check out my posters and pins. Noticed the poster tube was missing a cap on one end and my heart sunk. No pins.

Posters look nice - the new one, and the one with all the logos - and I already have those in poster frames, and they included a giant TTK poster with the subclass icons, but I'm crushed about the damn pins. I've emailed the store so hopefully they have replacements they can send, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sucks.

Acidote

We're just missing one more person for the Golgoroth challenge. Anyone up for it or willing to help us? In front of the boss right now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Good! That gives me 70 days to get 52 Rumble wins. Potentially achievable.
gromiore score isn't worth the physical and mental strains caused by PTDD (
post traumatic destiny disorder
)

I have a feeling when the words "Destiny 2" are uttered, this place will go stratospheric
We'll get a thread full of "people still play this game?" And "I haven't played destiny since it came out. It's shit"

I just hope Destiny 2 isn't a brand new engine and a re-inveting of the wheel. I was hoping there'd be no Destiny 2 and this game would be more like the WoW model of endless expansions and QoL improvements.

phen0m24

I just hope Destiny 2 isn't a brand new engine and a re-inveting of the wheel. I was hoping there'd be no Destiny 2 and this game would be more like the WoW model of endless expansions and QoL improvements.

You may be in the minority there, Lamonster. As admittedly bad as the engine seems to be with update cycles and such, a new start might be just what the doctor ordered. I think a healthy number of us would like to see the core mechanics (shooting/movement/supers) remain but the RNG, weapon/character balancing, activities and so forth change.

People asking for 60 FPS might be pushing it though

SpecX

Good! That gives me 70 days to get 52 Rumble wins. Potentially achievable.

Much better chance than what I have. I was trying to complete the crucible grimorie and only have 2 Rumble wins. I might just start collecting the remaining ghosts to increase my points, sitting at 4515 right now.

Trakan

Can you explain why?

I want a Halo: CE to Halo 2 quality jump.

SpecX

You may be in the minority there, Lamonster. As admittedly bad as the engine seems to be with update cycles and such, a new start might be just what the doctor ordered. I think a healthy number of us would like to see the core mechanics (shooting/movement/supers) remain but the RNG, weapon/character balancing, activities and so forth change.

60 FPS shouldn't be too hard to pull off with them dropping last gen unless D2 has insane graphics and effects. I'm hoping they can at least go the Uncharted route and give us 60 FPS in PvP at a minimum.

gromiore score isn't worth the physical and mental strains caused by PTDD (
post traumatic destiny disorder
)

We'll get a thread full of "people still play this game?" And "I haven't played destiny since it came out. It's shit"

But it is worth the time and effort to elevate my pvp skills from average scrub to above average scrub.

Plus I'm only 10 points off max without really focused grinding on the most part. The completionist in me needs to do it. Just like checking Amandas inventory every 3 days to see if she is selling any rare ships I don't have yet.

Toddler

When I said 60fps what I really meant was 30 with no dips.

Acidote

Golg challenge done. The most challenging thing about it was getting the party and avoiding server issues. Thanks to everyone involved.

All fragments collected. Oryx HM goes next and then the CoE next week because this one sucks.

The Jer

Do you guys still run newbie raids?

I've never done King's Fall. And I've only completed the others twice each I felt like I was being dragged through for loot without learning or just had partners cheesing. It would be fun to legitimately go through the raids. I have at least 315 light on all gear.

Kukawaki

Golg challenge done. The most challenging thing about it was getting the party and avoiding server issues. Thanks to everyone involved.

All fragments collected. Oryx HM goes next and then the CoE next week because this one sucks.

Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope next few weeks go as smoothly as today! (server & party issues notwithstanding)

Dez_

What kind of scopes are the weapons running?

What I'm saying is nirwens with max stability has zero recoil. CB affects recoil. Meaning CB wouldn't help it at all. Right? Max stability nirwens literally doesn't move when you shoot it.

It still kind of drags to the left (or right) when firing at full stability and counterbalance would nullify the recoil making it mostly vertical. I've been regularly using the previous vendor roll with Outlaw/Braced Frame/Third Eye, and you're right that there really isn't an issue with the recoil. It pretty much shoots where you want it too. Despite the hawksaw and Grasp being better as far as quick time to kills, this is still my go to gun for 6v6. I find it incredibly reliable.

Shame I'll have to miss out of IB this time, but anyone who hasn't had this pulse rifle yet, I think it's worth playing IB to get.

Trakan

What I'm saying is nirwens with max stability has zero recoil. CB affects recoil. Meaning CB wouldn't help it at all. Right? Max stability nirwens literally doesn't move when you shoot it.

It still has recoil that makes it kick to the side even with max stability. Counterbalance completely removes any horizontal recoil and makes it all vertical. This makes landing shots more consistent.

Frenden

Banned
Shit impact tier, but, still, first match first drop. Not bad.

CnvtHHdUMAAVCvq.jpg:large

Top Bottom