• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Jinjo

That guy looks familiar

Nice job Jinjo

What guy looks familiar? The SOSCAVE guy? Is it GAFfer?

We appropiately Mercy-ruled them in the match after I got my Guardian Lord achievement to pop lol (to be fair, they had a leaver, but my team was wrecking them). Even Lord Saladin acknowledges my new found greatness.

Even though my PvP skills are still abyssmal.

Dez_

I'm flattered. I'm only as good as my team lets me be. I play accordingly to how the team plays. If I see my team mates being successful handling a spot I will go to another spot and handle it myself, etc.

The purpose of trains is to get better. There is always room for improvement and that includes everyone. Just like playing with the general and other people here made me better, I am trying to do the same for others. You don't need a quick trigger finger, super fast reactions, etc, since this is not a competitive game, at least not yet, but you just need to play smart. Know when to push, when to use what, where to shoot and be at a safe spot. Team shooting is a huge plus. But remember this is 6 on 6 so although you plan your game on one or two opponents, there's four others you have to be lucky hoping your team mates are dealing with.

Obviously I'll be around for a train.

Does Shaxx bounties go to another week even if you don't complete all five? Like I did four last week. Or does it reset?
I've definitely been playing better in pvp. Playing with you and other gaf trains have really helped, though they never are easy wins and require work to pull off. It's been really satisfying to play against some tougher matches despite the frustration it can bring. My KD is even positive now, lol.

I know Destiny pvp 6v6 is supposed to be not super competitive, but I still find the different variables wth weapons, supers, etc, to make this one of the more difficult multiplayer games I've ever tried.

jacobs34

Played about four hours of Iron Banner and got from 316-318 with reputation boosters.

I have a dumb question, what is the purpose to leveling up in Ib? It seems like all the vendor drops are at 280? I will play all week because Control is my favorite gametype in Destiny, and I'll probably get to Rank 5, but do I get anything special to getting to the top rank?

It can be a little annoying losing the same gunfights I was winning just last night do to my lower light level, but it's fun being able to hold my own against a team of 334's. I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to play with me. PSN:MrJCJacobs

darthbob

Played about four hours of Iron Banner and got from 316-318 with reputation boosters.

I have a dumb question, what is the purpose to leveling up in Ib? It seems like all the vendor drops are at 280? I will play all week because Control is my favorite gametype in Destiny, and I'll probably get to Rank 5, but do I get anything special to getting to the top rank?

It can be a little annoying losing the same gunfights I was winning just last night do to my lower light level, but it's fun being able to hold my own against a team of 334's. I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to play with me. PSN:MrJCJacobs

Not a dumb question at all. The vendor sold gear is 280 Light, that's just the base light. However, your post game drops are going to be at or higher (up to 5 levels) than your current overall Light Level. So if you're 318 LL right now and you complete a match, you may get a gear drop that is up to LL 323. If you don't like the roll, but you do like the vendor rolled gear, then you can always infuse the higher LL gear into the stuff that you actually want to use.

At IB Rank 3, you'll get a 320 Artifact, and at Rank 5 IB you'll get a random IB reward (LL of this drop can be up to 5 levels higher than what you're at, so be sure to max out your gear before you open this) and a 320 Ghost.

Dthomp

Ugh...Been red barring alot today :/ and not the good kind where I wreck everything. Also I didn't play at all last week so can somebody tell me when the meta switched to Universal Remote nonsense everywhere?

phen0m24

What guy looks familiar? The SOSCAVE guy? Is it GAFfer?

We appropiately Mercy-ruled them in the match after I got my Guardian Lord achievement to pop lol (to be fair, they had a leaver, but my team was wrecking them). Even Lord Saladin acknowledges my new found greatness.

Even though my PvP skills are still abyssmal.

I meant you look familiar, you goofball! :p

jacobs34

Not a dumb question at all. The vendor sold gear is 280 Light, that's just the base light. However, your post game drops are going to be at or higher (up to 5 levels) than your current overall Light Level. So if you're 318 LL right now and you complete a match, you may get a gear drop that is up to LL 323. If you don't like the roll, but you do like the vendor rolled gear, then you can always infuse the higher LL gear into the stuff that you actually want to use.

At IB Rank 3, you'll get a 320 Artifact, and at Rank 5 IB you'll get a random IB reward (LL of this drop can be up to 5 levels higher than what you're at, so be sure to max out your gear before you open this) and a 320 Ghost.

Awesome, those are two items I desperately need leveled up. Thank you for the info.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Train is taking passengers. Going when full. Bring your launchers.

rtrtrtr.gif

shermas

1,3,5 go left
2,4,6 go right
titan drops down and puts up bubble, all except 1 or 2 + gaze holder get in
guy stands on left box and drops jizz bubble with the others that are still outside and takes gaze
do damage
#2 gets out at 10 seconds and grabs gaze on right side
#3 grabs gaze immediately on left
#4 on right etc.
#6 shoots bubbles until it's over
repeat 2-3 times

We kept wiping... Couldn't do it. I'll try it again this week on normal. Thrall seemed to be the biggest issue. Kept wrecking us in the pit.

We kept wiping... Couldn't do it. I'll try it again this week on normal. Thrall seemed to be the biggest issue. Kept wrecking us in the pit.
To fix that issue, have everyone kill all the thrall before you start the DPS phase and once the taken start spawning, maybe have one guy focus on them while they are spawning while the rest of your team is doing DPS, but make sure to kill all of them still before you start the dps.

You should have plenty of time to be able to do all this.

shermas

To fix that issue, have everyone kill all the thrall before you start the DPS phase and once the taken start spawning, maybe have one guy focus on them while they are spawning while the rest of your team is doing DPS, but make sure to kill all of them still before you start the dps.

You should have plenty of time to be able to do all this.

We would clear them, but then they kept spawning in once we took his gaze.

This is oh so very late.

<3 What's up panda?

&#128060;

Not a hell of a lot lol. I did the daily one time about a week or so ago. Got that Destiny itch, but it was short-lived.

A while ago I decided to use my addictive personality on something positive and started focusing on getting fit and healthy, so don't really get as much time to play as I used to anyway. Did cave and pre-order the new dlc though. Who doesn't want a black Gjallarhorn? &#128064;

Miss you around this place.

Aw I do miss you guys. &#128156; Don't spend nearly as much time on GAF as I used to and since I don't really play atm, can't imagine I have much to contribute that isn't completely off-topic. But I will hang about more.

JTripper

Went from 327 to 332 in one HM raid and one exotic sword quest away from finishing Y2 MoT. I am ready from Rise of Iron.

Edit: got a group

Azerare

Whats the weekly tier 3 oryx this week?

Oh and any people going to be running Golgoroth CM? I haven't done it before but its the last raid related fragment i need.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A lot of people are playing solo this IB. Literally only two teams going. And it isn't crucible without running into a red bar or two every other game.

I'm seeing a lot more shotguns in crucible this past week.

Dthomp

A lot of people are playing solo this IB. Literally only two teams going. And it isn't crucible without running into a red bar or two every other game.

I'm seeing a lot more shotguns in crucible this past week.

I was going to ask when Shotguns became such a popular thing. EVERYWHERE!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm actually better with a shotgun than I am with a sniper. People don't know that. One game I went shotgun and got 35 kills. But I like sniping too much.

In about two games, I think I only ran into 2 -3 people actually sniping. Warlock sliding shotguns and Titan skating shotguns galore.

Git gud, Jay :D

Im great in gaf trains. While tha enemy team is ravaging my guardian with shotgun/super/hand cannon etc, and dare i say, my own supper or grenade, or doing a sacrificial dance around my ever present dead ghost, my team mates get the necessary kills to try and win the match.

Im taking one (more like on the double digits actualy) for the team &#128526; :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Whoever is Jon I am back. You don't have to watch Krafty now. I'll play my sex music for you as a Capcom worker has told me.

Dtomp hype!

shermas

Whats the weekly tier 3 oryx this week?

Oh and any people going to be running Golgoroth CM? I haven't done it before but its the last raid related fragment i need.

Xbone or ps4? I've got the xbone CP and I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow. I have the hard CP, but I might just do it on normal if it becomes a pain.

WeTeHa

You mean the cursed thrall or the taken thrall?
Cursed: if you do the 1 orb damage strategy and the first person to grab the gaze is also the one to hold it, there shouldn't be any cursed around. Get out after the second person grabs it and clear the pit before the next cycle.
Taken: either tether the ground in front of golg to stop the taken, use a stormcaller to kill them all and/or use helm of saint-14 on your bubble titan

vctor182

Thx for the quick train, too tired from work to keep playing. It's amazing that 10 months in TTK and I still can't find a better pvp weapon than my first eyasluna.

SpecX

F you Destiny and randoms. Officially smashed my 3rd controller to this damn game. Game was lagging like a mofo and we lost to a team that just outgunned us. Even though we held 2 flag points most the game, we lost. Gotta get a new controller now, so I'm out for a few days,

Top Bottom