• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Jinjo

I meant you look familiar, you goofball! :p

Lol, doh. Yeah been a long time out the running with Destiny. Atleast on GAF, just done challenge bosses the past few months with the reset crew. But getting back into the groove of things to get ready for Rise of Iron. :D

Might even play IB this week because I have only ever had one (!) 320+ ghost drop ever and I've done like 20 CoE's on light 330+. This game man.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No bubbles for you.

tertrt.gif

^More like I kill them first before they kill you

After previously spending money/silver on different emotes/horns/sparrows/masks and such, it was nice of RNGsus to finally grant my hunter the last pieces of gear needed for the Taken emote without me having to buy a single Sterling Treasure (and I skipped the free PoE ones on half the weeks).

Its a new world now drizz

I'll be out of town Friday through Saturday night, but then I'll be around Sunday through reset. It'll take a card to shake the rust off but I'm hyped for it.

If that's the case...one ticket please for the cat express.

If you plan on taking any Mercury virgins along, please let me know :)

Perfect Drizzay comeback...carrying my scrubby ass there for sightseeing. Ups the ante. :p

Yep, happy to play with anyone and everyone! Like I always say, we can't ever guarantee flawless but happy to try as long as people want. If they don't like PvP and mainly just want emblem then it's much easier for me to play on their accounts. But it's much more fun and better overall if we clutch out flawless hype while playing with the virgins.

Are you willing to help a lonely Xbox player get the cat emblem? :) Either with my account or playing with me?

No big deal if not.

Of course! It's been a good while since I played X1 and I had already gone to the trouble to make a decently high light Blade build on Wiped's account. I'll be around from Sunday afternoon until late Monday night so we can find some time sure.

Golg challenge done. The most challenging thing about it was getting the party and avoiding server issues. Thanks to everyone involved..

Bolded is also true for flawless Crota's End tbh. Congrats everyone!

How do people already know? Wasn't it known last week? Is it somehow coded into the weekly reset or did I just miss something?

People figured out there's a glitch where if you stay in Trials MM queue over the weekly reset then you'll be loaded into the map for the upcoming weekend. Bungie has acknowledged that the glitch exists and said they will fix it eventually so people can't do it anymore.

Any other flawless runs happening this week? because i really need in lol

I can sherpa another flawless on Saturday. I'll throw up a more official post a bit later today.

Do you guys still run newbie raids?

I've never done King's Fall. And I've only completed the others twice each I felt like I was being dragged through for loot without learning or just had partners cheesing. It would be fun to legitimately go through the raids. I have at least 315 light on all gear.

Hawkian still does newbie raids every week, rotating through the existing three raids. Just check the link in the OP and look for the next King's Fall running. 315 light is more than enough for Normal (or even Hard tbh).

My first Iron Banner in a long ass time. And well since this SBMM started JustGotWicked has ragequit playing with me - I get matched up against too many 3,4, even 5.0 KD players.

Booooiiii, like just recently I was on a solo IB win streak so fierce Bungie stacked nghtly, FarNorthLegend, kjhovey, luminosity, krafty AND triple wreck against me and my scrubs. Those other randoms backed out before the match started in fear. I gave them fools their first Medallion! But unfortunately PSN was acting funny so the stats didn't save and the video got corrupted....

BUT! I did manage to snag a photo of the results screen on my phone. Unfortunately my Galaxy S6 has been acting up so I had to use an older phone, it's kinda blurry....

My first Iron Banner in a long ass time. And well since this SBMM started JustGotWicked has ragequit playing with me - I get matched up against too many 3,4, even 5.0 KD players.

Booooiiii, like just recently I was on a solo IB win streak so fierce Bungie stacked nghtly, FarNorthLegend, kjhovey, luminosity, krafty AND triple wreck against me and my scrubs. Those other randoms backed out before the match started in fear. I gave them fools their first Medallion! But unfortunately PSN was acting funny so the stats didn't save and the video got corrupted....

BUT! I did manage to snag a photo of the results screen on my phone. Unfortunately my Galaxy S6 has been acting up so I had to use an older phone, it's kinda blurry....
I know why you return ;) trying to uhhh impress that other person ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna be able to do a King's Fall newbie raid this Saturday, July 23rd at 12:00PM EST.
This is Normal mode and a ~280 Light requirement.

Sign-up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

Unfortunately, people who already signed up this week will have to fill out the form again. If you sign before an upcoming date is listed, I have no way to know if you'll be able to make the scheduled time or not. If you signed up for a newbie raid and want to do KF and can make it on Saturday, please sign up again. However the form is open to all as of now, first come first serve!

Tjamato88

Do I have to get to IB Rank 5 before I can start getting good gear?

I'm LL 311 right now and I have next Monday off so I'm gonna try to farm then and rank up quick.

I'm LL 311 right now and I have next Monday off so I'm gonna try to farm then and rank up quick.
You can get post game drops that will drop higher than your current LL no matter what rank you are. The only things that drop are what Saladin is selling. Although, once you get a single character to rank 5, you can start getting ghosts to drop higher an your max LL.

glaurung

They changed the IB post-game loot rules a while back. You now start getting all Saladin loot from matches from rank zero. IB post-game loot drops at your rank plus upgrades all the way to 335.

If you want to buy the vendor version of that sweet Nirwen's Mercy, grind to get a high rank.

Edit. Beaten like a wet rag against a bad car.

The gear will drop at any rank. It's light level will only drop at a max of +6 of what your current LL is at the time you get it. So make sure you are as high as possible while playing and you should get a few drops quickly and it will help you level up. In my experience IB drops gear every 4-5 matches on average.

Yeah I saw that correction earlier. It would make more sense because when I play with friends who are bigger scrubs than me I get close to 30 kills most rounds and it feels like people are wearing boxing gloves. But if I solo queue it is very sweaty most the time.

But someone needs to tell Derek to stop tweeting about Destiny. Everything he does needs to be followed up with a correction. Give the guy some media training already! Or he needs to get a grip of what is going on with PvP!

The last couple times he's tweeted has started utter chaos. Remember when he told us to "play strikes"

Guy just needs to not have a Twitter account. He keeps making things worse for Bungie.

Yeah I saw that correction earlier. It would make more sense because when I play with friends who are bigger scrubs than me I get close to 30 kills most rounds and it feels like people are wearing boxing gloves. But if I solo queue it is very sweaty most the time.

Similar, but it feels like I lead my scrubby team to defeat more than 50% of the time, so I wonder if it's still weighted. I get a lot of "on the bright side" medals.

Or he needs to get a grip of what is going on with PvP!

Isn't he involved in developing matchmaking? I guess it's forgivable if he was but now isn't— I forget how software I wrote works, but only for stuff I don't use and haven't touched in years.

JTripper

Anyone need to finish the Sealing the Blade Exotic Sword quest? It's my last thing to do for Moments of Triumph. Need to kill the solar warden then the boss.

Phaethon keeping it 100 #getrekt #leeroyjenkins

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna be able to do a King's Fall newbie raid this Saturday, July 23rd at 12:00PM EST.
This is Normal mode and a ~280 Light requirement.

Sign-up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

Unfortunately, people who already signed up this week will have to fill out the form again. If you sign before an upcoming date is listed, I have no way to know if you'll be able to make the scheduled time or not. If you signed up for a newbie raid and want to do KF and can make it on Saturday, please sign up again. However the form is open to all as of now, first come first serve!

New page

Similar, but it feels like I lead my scrubby team to defeat more than 50% of the time, so I wonder if it's still weighted. I get a lot of "on the bright side" medals.

Isn't he involved in developing matchmaking? I guess it's forgivable if he was but now isn't— I forget how software I wrote works, but only for stuff I don't use and haven't touched in years.

He is still involved in the PvP side of things. So he should know this stuff. But time and time again he makes comments that make it appear like he is working on a different game to everyone else at Bungie.

Posts like this are why we need you back Pachinko! DGAF isn't the same without Parmesan hype.

So a bunch of people have posted here and there asking about another flawless raid. I should be able to sherpa another one this weekend same as last week, but let's go ahead and start a fresh group just to keep things clear. I should be available starting Sunday afternoon, EST time.

Let's roughly say 3 pm EST Sunday, but the time can be moved around depending on everyone's availability. Just quote this post if you want to participate.

1.) Drizzay
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
A lot of people are playing solo this IB. Literally only two teams going. And it isn't crucible without running into a red bar or two every other game.

I'm seeing a lot more shotguns in crucible this past week.

I started playing late at around 1AM EST last night, and didn't think to check gaf. I forgot to add the gaf crew the last time I played with you guys and Dez. I was the guy you kept laughing at everytime i got sniped. (TheNegativeDude)

playing Solo is frustrating, Went 5 games without winning even though I was paired up with a fireteam of 4 a couple of times. They always won without me and lost with me despite me being their second best player each time. I just dont understand why people go for A and C. It splits the team more often than not.

So a bunch of people have posted here and there asking about another flawless raid. I should be able to sherpa another one this weekend same as last week, but let's go ahead and start a fresh group just to keep things clear. I should be available starting Sunday afternoon, EST time.

Let's roughly say 3 pm EST Sunday, but the time can be moved around depending on everyone's availability. Just quote this post if you want to participate.

1.) Drizzay
2.) PSN:TheNegativeDude/SlimySnake
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

I am in.

GutZ31

For now, team is locked unless otherwise stated.

Flawless Raider Run #2
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden
6. hedera_

Calling all guardians.
Is everyone going to be able to make it?

phen0m24

I sympathize with those who Banner alone. Didn't play last night but likely will tonight. As one of those with a barely 1.0 KD when I play solo it is also feast or famine, and when (if) I play with the GAF superstars (Frenden, Drizz, Kadey, Ape, Igor) I get obliterated and post up atrocious KDs.

Rules of thumb:
Don't rage uninstall. It's just a game. Oops

If your team is playing Clash instead, and they're getting tons of kills, screw it, follow them around and get assists or kills too. You can't MAKE them cap points, and you'll be the one getting supered when you try to take them alone.

I know the preferred points to cap on each map but if your teammates are taking (that one) against better judgment, heck, it's points. It'll just flip in 2 minutes anyway.

Bottom line: I'm consistently inconsistent but I'll be the Titan sniping fools from my Weapons bubble. :)

Soooo expecting anything awesome from the stream today?

What if all the patrols get affected in some amazing way

Would love to see

- New Missions
- Patrol exclusive loot and challenges
- Upgraded Treasure Chest hunting
- New Events

deviant1

Can I buy Exotic Shards anywhere?

Not directly, but with enough glimmer and motes of light you can buy a heavy weapon from the exotic kiosk for 1 exotic shard + glimmer, level it with motes of light (no need to upgrade all the bubbles) and dismantle it giving you 2 exotic shards.

Top Bottom