• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Shafto

That stream annihilated my enthusiasm for RoI. Reskinned areas has to be every Destiny veteran's worst case scenario.

While they hinted at something more, this really left the focus on the stuff I want to avoid.

GunnerZ

Showed off the new cosmodrome, showed off the new enemy type, showed off a badass new sparrow I'm pretty satisfied with the stream. Wasn't expecting anymore then that tbh.

I mean

Its cosmodrome patrol

I was far more excited about the potential mechnical changes to the patrol area

Instead it looks like they just added visuals and swapped out some enemies

Opened up some areas too i guess

Stream was VERY light on gameplay details

JTripper

That stream annihilated my enthusiasm for RoI. Reskinned areas has to be every Destiny veteran's worst case scenario.

While they hinted at something more, this really left the focus on the stuff I want to avoid.

The fallen splicer design is kinda cool, but yeah it's all just plain reskin so far. Hopefully when they decide to show the plaguelands they'll restore some hope in the audience.

The worst part is at they spent what seemed like a third of the stream talking about a sparrow instead of actual content.

It's a Bungie stream alright!
*screams internally*

Wait is the new xpac going to be compromised of a reskinned cosmodrone+new area? I dont count the social hub when assigning a monetary worth because those are completely useless.

How much does it cost again? $20?

I'm not surprised or disappointed. They showed off some of what they said they would, left rest to our imagination. As long as future streams are much more substantial, which I expect they will be.

True but since it was changes to the Cosmodrome I was hoping there would be more details on Patrol play

Guess we wait for Gamescom for a real info dump

Wait is the new xpac going to be compromised of a reskinned cosmodrone+new area? I dont count the social hub when assigning a monetary worth because those are completely useless.

Im expecting the bulk of the new content to be within the Plaguelands and be similar in size to Taken King and the Dreadnaught

Im not complaining about that I just want to them to go crazy with diversivication of activities and that includes making patrols and treasure hunting/Mob hunting relevant again

Pretty weak stream, but I did like the new look of the SUROS weapons. The new sparrow looks cool, but everyone is going to be using that thing come release day, so I'll probably stick with my old SRL standby.

Anxious to see the new PvP stuff in August. The new mode better be more fun than Rift.

friday

New Raid and higher light level. Based on the fact that story is focused around Saladin I would hope for some cool pvp content also, but they have been silent on that front.

shermas

I have all 3 weekly IB bounties completed from last time. Should I wait to turn them in until the last day?

I usually turn them in earlier, then use that character as my 'main' guy for the current IB. Pick up the weeklies again, use that guy, do the dailies, etc. I can get to Rank 5 pretty quickly with him and put a dent in all the weeklies for next time.

Then I start using my alts. If you pick up the dailies every day and play a couple matches on your alts, they'll hit rank 5 pretty easily on Monday.

friday

It seems like Bungie has always been pretty bad at showing off this game. Even the pre-release stuff at E3 made it look super bland. I remember the reactions were pretty negative until everyone got to play the alpha and beta. They need to get back to their Halo days with the marketing side of things. All the pre-release stuff for Halo 1 and 2 was awesome.

New Raid and higher light level. Based on the fact that story is focused around Saladin I would hope for some cool pvp content also, but they have been silent on that front.

Theres too much pvp content. Fuuuuuuck that. Give me good, replayable PvE content any day.

LifEndz

So a bunch of people have posted here and there asking about another flawless raid. I should be able to sherpa another one this weekend same as last week, but let's go ahead and start a fresh group just to keep things clear. I should be available starting Sunday afternoon, EST time.

Let's roughly say 3 pm EST Sunday, but the time can be moved around depending on everyone's availability. Just quote this post if you want to participate.

1.) Drizzay
2.) PSN:TheNegativeDude/SlimySnake
3.) PSN: Lifendz
4.)
5.)
6.)

Added my name. Eff it. Might as well get this platinum.

LTWood12

The stream, as barebones as it was, would've been 100x better with a competent player in the driver seat. little things like that just grate on me.

new cosmodrome looks cool. i'm ready to destinypublicevent.com that shit.

LifEndz

You're in good hands. Crota normal =cake

Good stuff. That trophy seemed so daunting the first time I saw it, but them leaving old raids at their initial light levels makes it seem possible. I've spent so much time playing this game, I might as well get the plat.

Trakan

I spotted a new helmet in the sparrow trailer. Looks like a Warlock?

igHEqpc.png

Dez_

I missed the stream, but honestly at this point I'm more looking forward to see how many crucible maps we're going to be getting. I'm sure I'll have a good time with this content despite it being most likely sparse.

Mindlog

Heard this stream was a real winner.

We all know some Bungie employees do occasionally read the thread. Whether they respond or not is up to them. I just hope the general dissatisfaction is not written off as 'overzealous naysaying' instead of a genuine sign that something isn't working. I quit playing not because my favorite character was nerfed, but because balance decisions are being made with very sketchy reasoning. I get a good laugh when watching PvP streams and players complain about the problem with primary nerfs leading to special domination even more than the obvious lack of custom games. New gamestypes and a feature that should have been in since Alpha won't fix that.

I've dabbled with Paragon and that game is still going through sweeping fundamental changes with lots of OP classes and abilities. However, at every turn Epic lays out its roadmap and includes solid reasoning to proposed balance updates. The contrast is overwhelming.

The Cosmodrome tour was "fine", I suppose, for showing the environment. But it was a complete failure that it was our first encounter with the Splicers and they didn't talk about them at all.

Overall, it was boring.

But let's talk about the Iron Gjallarwing. Which holy shit, is this ever sad.

gjallawing.jpg

How low can Bungie stoop to make the most circle-jerky part of reddit into a preorder bonus? What happens next month if preorders are still down?

UvNOAUt.jpg

Pre-order now to get the Iron Gjallarsuit!

Did anyone else notice the mugs from the stream? :eyes:
giphy.gif

Alot of games have good roadmaps
Blizzard for example laid out its plans for WoW, and with Overwatch they actually gave ample info for Ana.

Ive come to terms that having no roadmap for its playerbase is just Bungies way. Maybe one day the design of future content will be stable enough to map out their plans for future updates before you pay for expansions hoping they wont just repeat events

Maybe there's a actual reason why Bungie employees never posts on here anymore. 👀

You serious?

It's not like anyone is calling it pure shit, it was just uneventful. No one should feel forced to behave as if things were all Crimson and clovers so bungie would grace us with their presence.

LTWood12

Maybe there's a actual reason why Bungie employees never posts on here anymore. 👀

I'm sorry for contributing to the negativity. I like to be constructive, but I guess Deej just grates on me for some reason. At least he didn't use Vision of Confluence for arc burn :p

If Bungie wants to interact with an echo chamber, they can go to Reddit. I havent really formed an opinion of RoI(and no, a black Gjally wont sway me), but Im hoping that there is PvE content that feels substantial. A proper Horde mode in the world, and not in a little chamber with curated waves, pl0x

Top Bottom