• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ACR0019

For the pros who have First Curse, what is the easiest path to acquiring it? I know I could go to Reddit for info, but I appreciate the expertise of this community. Those clips of Drizzay make me flustered. 😍

SpecX

I think this is happening to me, but in my situation it's not random though. Camera will turn super slow to the right and faster left (it could be the other way around, not 100% sure right now).

I'm assuming it's the controller. It's been like this for a while now but I just forget to reset the controller to see if it helps at all.

Also, haven't been playing other games so I can't say if it happens on Destiny only.

Dude, I think it's our controller. I had an "accident" and had to buy a new controller yesterday. After charging and syncing the new one, my turning troubles no longer exist. I don't know if there's a way to re-calibrate or if it's just wear and tear on the controller itself. Finding myself much more mobile in PvP and no turning delays in either direction.

Been awhile guys! Anyone up for a Full Kings Raid HM? I'm thinking 7pm EST. If enough people want to I can go later.

JOIN ME!!!!

Full Kings Raid Hard
Pandora012
lightsaberut
Reluctant-Hero
ThingontheFloor

Edit: Add me when you can. Won't be home until alittle before it starts, soo yeah...

Let's rock!

Hedera

Dude, I think it's our controller. I had an "accident" and had to buy a new controller yesterday. After charging and syncing the new one, my turning troubles no longer exist. I don't know if there's a way to re-calibrate or if it's just wear and tear on the controller itself. Finding myself much more mobile in PvP and no turning delays in either direction.
Well, damn it. Still need to reset the controller and see if it changes anything. Not buying a new controller just to fix this particular problem though. Really hoping for a new iteration of the DS4 with the release of the NEO.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna be able to do a King's Fall newbie raid this Saturday, July 23rd at 12:00PM EST.
This is Normal mode and a ~280 Light requirement.

Sign-up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

Unfortunately, people who already signed up this week will have to fill out the form again. If you sign before an upcoming date is listed, I have no way to know if you'll be able to make the scheduled time or not. If you signed up for a newbie raid and want to do KF and can make it on Saturday, please sign up again. However the form is open to all as of now, first come first serve!

Hmm, had four signups before there was anything to sign up for, but none after posting the actual date/time.

eizarus, MrConbon, ZombieNapoleon and jkh33, hope you get the chance to sign up again if you are able to make it this Saturday at noon. Either way, the form is open for any newbies who can make it.

spyder_ur

Hmm, had four signups before there was anything to sign up for, but none after posting the actual date/time.

eizarus, MrConbon, ZombieNapoleon and jkh33, hope you get the chance to sign up again if you are able to make it this Saturday at noon. Either way, the form is open for any newbies who can make it.

Get it together Hawk.

Dave_6

For the pros who have First Curse, what is the easiest path to acquiring it? I know I could go to Reddit for info, but I appreciate the expertise of this community. Those clips of Drizzay make me flustered. 😍

If you can get a fire team of friends together, play Rumble and let them stand there so you can head shot them. That's what I did for the PvP part at least.

123rl

I love Iron Banner. Every time it's like noobie season all over again. Remember, kids: just because you're looking at Heavy Ammo instead of me, doesn't mean I just stop existing

mlSQoeH.gif

Been awhile guys! Anyone up for a Full Kings Raid HM? I'm thinking 7pm EST. If enough people want to I can go later.

JOIN ME!!!!

Full Kings Raid Hard
Pandora012
lightsaberut
Reluctant-Hero
ThingontheFloor

Edit: Add me when you can. Won't be home until alittle before it starts, soo yeah...

I should mention that I need to grab three fragments while we're all in there...

XXIX: Carved in Ruin
XXXII: Majestic. Majestic.
XXXIII: When do monsters have dreams

So if anyone wants to point them out so I'm not constantly looking at my iPad for tutorials, that'd be awesome!

SpecX

I love Iron Banner. Every time it's like noobie season all over again. Remember, kids: just because you're looking at Heavy Ammo instead of me, doesn't mean I just stop existing

mlSQoeH.gif

lol They're just waiting to be slaughtered by being on top of the crate like that. I've got so many Titan smash kills by people doing this. Since I have the weekly heavy kill box marked off, I don't even bother getting our heavy and try to go for the easy kills.

lol They're just waiting to be slaughtered by being on top of the crate like that. I've got so many Titan smash kills by people doing this. Since I have the weekly heavy kill box marked off, I don't even bother getting our heavy and try to go for the easy kills.

Yup, those last 10 seconds until Heavy is magnet for everyone holding on to their supers. I've been victim to too many multi-kills while I'm defending heavy. It's usually a nova bomb or fist of havoc that gets me too.

Dumb heavy kill bounties combined with one heavy spawn per match forcing people's hand...

Yannick

Neo Member

If you're speaking about the 7 headshot part of the questline, here is my opinion.

My honest suggestion is to do Rumble or Classic Rumble. What I did was find a part of the map that would have moderate traffic while offering many areas for protection and I would lock that corner of my universe down. Nobody was coming in or going out without my approval. You want good lines of sight out of the area to get peoples' attention, but you really want to draw people in for 1v1s and repeat encounters. Funnel them in and use grenades to prime them for your hand cannon.

Some suggestions for some maps you may encounter:
Rusted Lands: A spawn (house with special upstairs and heavy downstairs)
Exodus Blue: C spawn (tunnel with train car special outside and hallway special inside)
Anomaly: C spawn (outside spawn with catwalk special)
Pantheon: Waterfall (just outside of B, very powerful area)
Asylum: C stairs (area between B and C spawn, which has special directly underneath stairs)

The amount of area you want to control on these recommendations varies, but you want to essentially claim yourself as King of that Corner and dare your opponents to dethrone you (one at a time, of course!). Grenades are key and baiting people is extremely important. Don't let your radar play tricks on you; commit to a fight, finish it and then position yourself for the next target.
Good luck!

phen0m24

If you're speaking about the 7 headshot part of the questline, here is my opinion.

My honest suggestion is to do Rumble or Classic Rumble. What I did was find a part of the map that would have moderate traffic while offering many areas for protection and I would lock that corner of my universe down. Nobody was coming in or going out without my approval. You want good lines of sight out of the area to get peoples' attention, but you really want to draw people in for 1v1s and repeat encounters. Funnel them in and use grenades to prime them for your hand cannon.

Exodus Blue: C spawn (tunnel with train car special outside and hallway special inside)
Asylum: C stairs (area between B and C spawn, which has special directly underneath stairs)

The amount of area you want to control on these recommendations varies, but you want to essentially claim yourself as King of that Corner and dare your opponents to dethrone you (one at a time, of course!). Grenades are key and baiting people is extremely important. Don't let your radar play tricks on you; commit to a fight, finish it and then position yourself for the next target.
Good luck!

Yeah for this I grabbed a friend (thanks Robdraggoo) and we killed each other in Rumble. Very easy!

darthbob

The 3A Hunter is up for pre-order on the Bungie Store.

I almost want to buy it just for the Fatebringer tbh, got the Titan and Warlock pre-ordered already but daaaaamn that Fatebringer is so sexy.

hunter_4.jpg

SpecX

Good luck!

Thanks for the pointers!

Yeah for this I grabbed a friend (thanks Robdraggoo) and we killed each other in Rumble. Very easy!

And then there's this method.... :)

I should mention that I need to grab three fragments while we're all in there...

XXIX: Carved in Ruin
XXXII: Majestic. Majestic.
XXXIII: When do monsters have dreams

So if anyone wants to point them out so I'm not constantly looking at my iPad for tutorials, that'd be awesome!

I gotchu; they are all easy to grab provided you can get through the jumping puzzle for the first. :)

NeOak

TheBungie Store still has the Warlock up for pre-order. Dat shader. :D

warlock_1_0edb281a-e89c-4817-b010-948976d45536.jpg

Here's a variation of the Warlock figure.

hta78ls5usn3szsi6q5s.PNG

p05qxuuyo3vsp8eosogh.PNG

The Titan, unfortunately, is not available anymore. Or at least I couldn't find it online anywhere.

Oh, I meant the other 2 variations of the hunter you posted.

I'm still waiting for the Titan to arrive lol

darthbob

Oh, I meant the other 2 variations of the hunter you posted.

I'm still waiting for the Titan to arrive lol

kd9ddkyfuomdlepnvuaq.PNG

Taniks has no house.

So the 3A Titans are gone forever?

Pretty much.

Feel free to check the 3A Stockists page to see if any of the vendors have them in stock still: http://www.worldofthreea.com/3astockists/

Last month I found that Sideshow Collectibles still had the Retail Ed. of the Titan available so I scooped that up. Still wish I got the Bungie Store one with the Hawkmoon, but strangely, the Titan itself is the same, no shader differences.

NeOak

kd9ddkyfuomdlepnvuaq.PNG

Taniks has no house.

Pretty much.

Feel free to check the 3A Stockists page to see if any of the vendors have them in stock still: http://www.worldofthreea.com/3astockists/

Last month I found that Sideshow Collectibles still had the Retail Ed. of the Titan available so I scooped that up. Still wish I got the Bungie Store one with the Hawkmoon, but strangely, the Titan itself is the same, no shader differences.

Bungie store Titan brings the Hammer of Sol instead of the Hawkmoon.

BgFfSHD.jpg

They never produced the Hawkmoon AFAIK.

Edit: Nvm, seems it was produced for another retailer https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...stiny_titan_16th_scale_collectible_figure_on/

JOIN ME!!!!

Full Kings Raid Hard
Pandora012
lightsaberut
Reluctant-Hero
ThingontheFloor

BUMP

For now, team is locked unless otherwise stated.

Flawless Raider Run #2
———————–––---
Crota's End, Wednesday the 20th, 2016, at 9:00PM EST.

1. GutZ31
2. sMs104
3. Reluctant-Hero
4. Netguy503
5. TheTylerDurden
6. hedera_

I know I already said thanks last night but thanks to everyone in this squad. Now if only I could change my psn name from sMs104. Only thing left to do before the Plat is to get some Salvage matches in.

Rehsa

lol yeah, a bit.

The other editions of the Hunter are pretty sweet too.

b7lbhaytgm32mvfvdwen.PNG

tfcs3atzdtag82nk2uth.PNG
When they revealed the Hunter I wondered why they would put the FB with the Bungie version instead of with the Vault cloak and chatterwhite shader ffs, going to make people buy two?

Edit: missed the titan but I preordered the Bungie Warlock and will get the Bungie Hunter as well. Just wish they didn't charge the card until it shipped :/

HAttyboy

Question do get any good loot from ranking up with queen's wrath? Did rank to 4 but did get a year 1 pulse rifle and year 2 class armor.

JOIN ME!!!!

Full Kings Raid Hard
Pandora012
lightsaberut
Reluctant-Hero
ThingontheFloor

If we can't find enough people, ya guys mind trying tomorrow?

Top Bottom