• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

What's the best strategy for getting the Black Spindle?

Should we put a bubble on the boss and solar sword him down ASAP or should we hang back to snipe the blights and clean up the adds before we attack the boss?

Deku Tree

What's the best strategy for getting the Black Spindle?

Should we put a bubble on the boss and solar sword him down ASAP or should we hang back to snipe the blights and clean up the adds before we attack the boss?

Three Raze Lighter's is easy mode. You shouldn't need a strategy. Just kill everything. Blights then adds then DPS the boss until more spawns show up. Repeat. I did it like 20 times on the day they made the ship available. Never failed to complete it even once.

Why don't people do flawless VoG anymore? Destiny should really have a flawless trophy for each raid IMHO.

8rZczQO.png

Flawless on Crota in like 1/4 of the time. No ones got time for VoG flawless.

FyreWulff

My favorite VoG run is where we wiped like 20 times on the defend the conflux section and then one-cycled Atheon.

Raid runs never make any sense.

Deku Tree

To me it's about the fun and the challenge way more than the trophy.

I'll never forget the thrill of competing VoG flawless with my crew.

If all you want is the trophy, then yeah sit back and let someone else solo the abyss. Then sit back and ghorn Crota from the ledge while someone else runs sword. It takes 15 minutes, but it sounds kinda boring TBH.

TyrantII

To me it's about the fun and the challenge way more than the trophy.

I'll never forget the thrill of competing VoG flawless with my crew.

If all you want is the trophy, then yeah sit back and let someone else solo the abyss. Then sit back and ghorn Crota from the ledge while someone else runs sword. It takes 15 minutes, but it sounds kinda boring TBH.

I know what you mean. Doing a Solo Flawless Crota EM when he was end game when the Gjallarhorn was still top dog was one of my greatens feats of gaming. Getting close, but knowing you're one swipe from a knight or Crota from failing. It was good stuff.

That's one thing I wish Bungie would do more of, retire certain end game loot when the end game moves on. Something to prove the Guardian Veterans did some feat back when it was the hardest time to do it.

So many hours were spent in VOG, and now it's a patrol level walk in the park.

Biggy, I added you but I'm alone. Let me know a good time for you, I'm east coast USA.

I know what you mean. Doing a Solo Flawless Crota EM when he was end game when the Gjallarhorn was still top dog was one of my greatens feats of gaming. Getting close, but knowing you're one swipe from a knight or Crota from failing. It was good stuff.

That's one thing I wish Bungie would do more of, retire certain end game loot when the end game moves on. Something to prove the Guardian Veterans did some feat back when it was the hardest time to do it.

So many hours were spent in VOG, and now it's a patrol level walk in the park.

Biggy, I added you but I'm alone. Let me know a good time for you, I'm east coast USA.

I just want them to refresh Crota & VoG similar to the way WoW has "time walking". Once a month one of the raids is refreshed to current end of game light/challenge levels. You'll then receive special currency to buy updated loot.

NeOak

Updated for new page:

2 spots open

What: Flawless Crota's End.
When: Sunday, ~3pm EST (exact time is flexible)
Requirements: a pulse

1.) Drizzay
2.) PSN:TheNegativeDude/SlimySnake
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.)
?
6.)
?

Is that required pulse a God-roll Grasp of Malok, or a Nirwen's Mercy? Maybe a Praedyth's Timepiece?

FyreWulff

Updated for new page:

2 spots open

1.) Drizzay
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.)
?
6.)
?

How open are you to doing this on the 360? Is it possible to overdo it by going flawless on 4 platforms?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pyretramp if you see this I don't have a GAF name for you- sorry but didn't have enough sign-ups for this week. Most likely will reschedule to next saturday 7/30 to do Oryx CM, if you can make that.

Looking for three more on PS4 to run KF hard mode in a few minutes; we're probably going to try to do run golgi challenge mode, but it's most just to get a hard mode completion under our belts. All three of us have run the whole raid on normal, but never on hard.

Let me know if you're interested! PSN is gmrtom7

EDIT: actually nvm found some people, sorry all

Azerare

Updated for new page:

2 spots open

1.) Drizzay
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.)
?
6.)
?
I'd be down if you still got room, Sparkxps is my psn id.

Ushay

So I decided to jump back in and start playing again. Problem is I'm sitting at gs 291, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Any ideas on how best to do this?

Dthomp

So I decided to jump back in and start playing again. Problem is I'm sitting at gs 291, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Any ideas on how best to do this?

Level up things like Vanguard, Factions (DO, NM, FWC), Crucible the packages will drop your 4 Motes, 4 SCs, and an item of slightly higher. Could do some gimped Iron banner to improve your Primary/Secondary/Gauntlets/Boots through Monday. Find 3 and do Challenge of the Elders also.

wbEMX

So my PS+ expired in June and since the Moments of Triumph have gone live, I wanted to get back in again but due to not having the money for PS+ until the end of the month I have to wait.

I want to get all the moments done and get that T-shirt, but I heard that you can only get some calcified fragments in timed events or certain Nightfalls. Am I screwed concerning this? I never went raiding though I'm playing with a group since TTK got out. Is there enough catch-up-time left for my 324 Titan?

FyreWulff

So my PS+ expired in June and since the Moments of Triumph have gone live, I wanted to get back in again but due to not having the money for PS+ until the end of the month I have to wait.

I want to get all the moments done and get that T-shirt, but I heard that you can only get some calcified fragments in timed events or certain Nightfalls. Am I screwed concerning this? I never went raiding though I'm playing with a group since TTK got out. Is there enough catch-up-time left for my 324 Titan?

you should have enough catch up time. Your other option would be the PS3 version, but depending on if you even have a PS3 in the first place, that'd be more expensive than just buying more Plus.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're waiting on one person. The last spot is up for grabs.

See. Full now. When I call they answer even if they are playing Life is Strange.

You know the usual place.

Azerare

Anyone doing Golgoroth CM on PS4? My buddy and I need it for our last calcified fragment. We have never done it before so if someone wouldn't mind teaching us that'd be very appreciated.

Boots from FWC!

But I did get my first Longbow from Shaxx. Unflinching, Rifled Barrel, and Grenadier. I can see why people like it so much; it just feels so good.

Thanks for the train, Kadey and gaf.

Dthomp

Ugh I hate randos. Just played solo on Black Shield and my idiot team wanted to try and take A and C and fight in the middle inside. Shocking news flash...NOBODY WAS IN THERE! EVER!

Top Bottom