• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
$100 security deposit. No shotguns, no blinking, no sliding, must move forward more than backwards, cannot stand still in one spot for more than five seconds and tea bag anybody who does not follow any of the above.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GAF defense force must hold the line against these reddit, ign, and gamefaqs scrubs. Dtrump as motivational speaker helps.

NeOak

We made a team ragequit:

unknown.png

I got this after

03T3ca1.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I finally managed to top score ,finish that last weekly IB bounty, and reach rank 5. Kaydey and Tacos make it impossible to top score. lol

I got a 320 Ghost for hitting rank 5 which makes no sense. What's the point of leveling up if you will get the best rewards at the post match screen? why bother doing the weekly or daily bounties? Are there any Bungie devs here? i just dont get why I should keep playing IB now that I have both a 335 Guantlet and 335 Leg Armor. Got multiple 335 specials too. No Primaries though which again makes no sense.

I guess I could keep playing for the fun of it, but IB without a gaf train is not fun. I just dont understand why Bungie makes these decisions. Hitting rank 5 should grant you a 335 item. plain and simple.

Anyway, here is the vid of me beating kadey for the top score (i can now die in peace) and forcing mercy rule on some poor randoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsXdJKL0qU

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's a good idea to keep several different payouts because you never know when Bungie might buff or nerf something. I have several of the same weapons but different perks just because.

^ Always get hate mail when playing with Jigga.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Weapons were definitely more fun back then. Notice I said weapons. Abilities overall were too OP. Blink and Shotgun was all you really needed. Weapons got worse but skill levels are much higher these days so imagine the skill level of today using weapons of year one. Would be a total slugfest.

Line them up.

fgfgghghgh.gif

hand cannons in their heyday were definitely the most fun, and snipers in their current form definitely have had the most negative impact of anything since the game launched.. nobody moves around. the movement systems in this game are amazing, and they've created a meta where people just camp sight-lines with snipers. at least when shotguns reigned supreme for specials, the game was fast paced.

Comms

Neo Member
hand cannons in their heyday were definitely the most fun, and snipers in their current form definitely have had the most negative impact of anything since the game launched.. nobody moves around. the movement systems in this game are amazing, and they've created a meta where people just camp sight-lines with snipers. at least when shotguns reigned supreme for specials, the game was fast paced.

Don't forget The Messenger, for those of us that refused to use hand cannons on a Titan! (Don't look at me like that! It just does to me ok)

4xr5gV.gif

The most funny thing to happen for me in destiny for a while. Had to share it!

A few thoughts regarding DGAF teams, "LFG-ing" and consistency.

I took a 6-month break from Destiny (Jan-Jun) and since I came back, I noticed a LOT of DGAF is either gone from the game completely or they're playing just here and there, but far far less than before.
The "Great DGAF Exodus" especially took the EU wing of the team hard - or to be more precise the GMT/CET timezone players.

I love this game, and I adore this great community that we built here. <3
What I don't like (and it started happening more and more lately) is losing time to matchmaking and finding people via r/fireteams, destinylfg.com/.net, etc. since usually I can't find a full fireteam here for raids or ... anything, except maybe NF. :)

LFGing with randoms...It's a gamble, to put it mildly. Sometimes you get good people, sometimes you get...well... not so good people, but all in all it's draining on my time (which I have less of more and more) and it's starting to impair my enjoyment of the game, especially the endgame activities. :(

Is there a way to make a group of people, a consistent and skilled group of DGAF people, preferably in the GMT/CET timezone (of course, everybody's welcome if that time is good for them) that play during weekday evenings and weekends?
A group on the100.io?
A Google Sheets table?
A Discord room on DGAF's Discord?
... you name it.

So people can always count on the DGAF team for clearing HM raids, IB, Trails, etc. to ensure efficiency (eg. not wiping dozen of times on simple raid mechanics), consistency and most of all, good old-fashioned FUN...and not wasting your time on grouping with strangers you don't know.

US-based DGAF more or less already has this covered pretty good, and I'd like to do the same for us EU (GMT/CET and whoever can playing during those hours)-based folk.

tl;dr : I need a consistent DGAF crew to do weekly stuff with and have fun.

I got a 320 Ghost for hitting rank 5 which makes no sense.

You should have also received an up-to-335 IB item.

The 320 Ghost replaced a 310 ghost in the era when 320 was the max LL. It isn't for the people at max, it is for people who are way below max. IB is a great way to advance your LL if you don't raid (and now, CoE). Just think of it as 3 marks and move on.

Dez_

Weapons were definitely more fun back then. Notice I said weapons. Abilities overall were too OP. Blink and Shotgun was all you really needed. Weapons got worse but skill levels are much higher these days so imagine the skill level of today using weapons of year one. Would be a total slugfest.

Line them up.

fgfgghghgh.gif
That's a nice shot there. Reminds me that I got a two for one with a single hand cannot shot several months back. I guess it's due to bullet magnetism and how they were lined up, but I didn't think HC can penetrate shots.
Edit: I can't find the clip. Looks like I didn't upload it.

I'd be down if you still got room, Sparkxps is my psn id.

Full now!

What: Flawless Crota's End.
When: Today, ~3pm EST (exact time is flexible)
Requirements: a pulse

1.) Drizzay
2.) PSN:TheNegativeDude/SlimySnake
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.) The7th-King92
6.) Sparkxps

Flawless group is full now. If anybody can't make it later today just throw up a post and we'll find a replacement. Otherwise, just send me a friend request if you get a chance and I'm not already on your FL (my PSN is same as Gaf name).

I'll be traveling this morning but once I get home I'll hop online and make sure we're good to go. Bring your favorite machine gun and we'll want at least two Defenders but otherwise don't worry about needing anything else specific. Most flawless raids take 60-90 minutes to clear depending on everyone's experience, random technical difficulties and whether or not I scrub up anything. Should be fun!

Agreed. PvP just isn't as fun anymore without it - it was good for counteracting Snipers, that's for sure.

Wouldn't know, I never actually used it (you can check my stats :p), but the general meta at the time was just more fun to play in. Even if I wasn't using Blink or Thorn. Probably had a lot to do with it being more fast-paced.

That said, the little PvP I have played hasn't made me rage like it used to. Don't know if that's because I'm too bored to care or what.

Comms

Neo Member

I took a 6-month break from Destiny (Jan-Jun) and since I came back, I noticed a LOT of DGAF is either gone from the game completely or they're playing just here and there, but far far less than before.
The "Great DGAF Exodus" especially took the EU wing of the team hard - or to be more precise the GMT/CET timezone players.

What I don't like (and it started happening more and more lately) is losing time to matchmaking and finding people via r/fireteams, destinylfg.com/.net, etc. since usually I can't find a full fireteam here for raids or ... anything, except maybe NF. :)

LFGing with randoms...It's a gamble, to put it mildly. Sometimes you get good people, sometimes you get...well... not so good people, but all in all it's draining on my time (which I have less of more and more) and it's starting to impair my enjoyment of the game, especially the endgame activities. :(

Is there a way to make a group of people, a consistent and skilled group of DGAF people, preferably in the GMT/CET timezone (of course, everybody's welcome if that time is good for them) that play during weekday evenings and weekends?
A group on the100.io?
A Google Sheets table?
... you name it.

So people can always count on the DGAF team for clearing HM raids, IB, Trails, etc. to ensure efficiency (eg. not wiping dozen of times on simple raid mechanics), consistency and most of all, good old-fashioned FUN...and not wasting your time on grouping with strangers you don't know.

US-based DGAF more or less already has this covered pretty good, and I'd like to do the same for us EU (GMT/CET and whoever can playing during those hours)-based folk.

I'm a GMT player, and yes I get exactly what you mean. Though I am trying out other things these days I usual comeback to destiny for a bit of "fun" now and then.

PSN is Comms_12389 IF you want.

Can't carry you in trails though :)

J0hnny, feel free to add me. My PSN is same as GAF. I am UK based and part of a group that have quite a few regular players. I'm the only DGAFer amongst them but they are the main people I play with. We have no issues with any of the raids and have some decent PVPers. At max used to be able to get 3 raid teams together, but numbers have dropped a bit with the content drought. Currently we play on and off but use whatsapp to keep in touch and everyone is more than happy to switch games to run a raid or 2. Especially if it is to help people out with their moments of triumph.

stay gold

A group on the100.io?
A Google Sheets table?
... you name it.

Add me (stayigold). Im in the UK and my friends list is generally barren when I get on these days, it's a pain.

GutZ31

Full now!

1.) Drizzay
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.) The7th-King92
6.) Sparkxps

Flawless group is full now. If anybody can't make it later today just throw up a post and we'll find a replacement. Otherwise, just send me a friend request if you get a chance and I'm not already on your FL (my PSN is same as Gaf name).

I'll be traveling this morning but once I get home I'll hop online and make sure we're good to go. Bring your favorite machine gun and we'll want at least two Defenders but otherwise don't worry about needing anything else specific. Most flawless raids take 60-90 minutes to clear depending on everyone's experience, random technical difficulties and whether or not I scrub up anything. Should be fun!
If people still need to run, I'll be free this Wednesday again to do another Flawless run.

I'll wait a bit before making an official run notice to see how many still need it.

SpecX

Hit rank 5 on my Hunter, just need to work on my Warlock. Rewarded with a HC 334, not bad but wish I got armor instead.

Full now!

1.) Drizzay
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.) The7th-King92
6.) Sparkxps

Bolded makes me smile &#9786;

A group on the100.io?
A Google Sheets table?
... you name it.

Add me. Im in the UK. Play with a group of regulars during the day, but at night i mainly lone wolf (if there is no gaffers around). Just dont expect any Trials miracle :)

ocean

Banned
To the Universal Remote Longbow Shadestepping aimbots of the world: we will find you.

To the No Land Beyond Party Crasher blinking scumbags in remote corners of the globe: we will destroy you.

Or maybe they'll just give me a rage induced heart attack.

I'm a GMT player, and yes I get exactly what you mean. Though I am trying out other things these days I usual comeback to destiny for a bit of "fun" now and then.

PSN is Comms_12389 IF you want.

Can't carry you in trails though :)

J0hnny, feel free to add me. My PSN is same as GAF. I am UK based and part of a group that have quite a few regular players. I'm the only DGAFer amongst them but they are the main people I play with. We have no issues with any of the raids and have some decent PVPers. At max used to be able to get 3 raid teams together, but numbers have dropped a bit with the content drought. Currently we play on and off but use whatsapp to keep in touch and everyone is more than happy to switch games to run a raid or 2. Especially if it is to help people out with their moments of triumph.

Add me (stayigold). Im in the UK and my friends list is generally barren when I get on these days, it's a pain.

Add me. Im in the UK. Play with a group of regulars during the day, but at night i mainly lone wolf (if there is no gaffers around). Just dont expect any Trials miracle :)
Added everyone! Thanks.
Here's hoping we can get a solid DGAF fireteam for weekly activities. :)
I need to finish some stuff tomorrow evening:
1x Sisters CP
1x Oryx CP
1x Golgoroth CP
All 3 are HM. :)
I'll post tomorrow around 17-18 CET.

Dancing with a warlock mid air

020TDZy.gif

I got really confused when i died here because i thought i had just sniped that guy

rDjfFlY.gif

This guy was so scared and campy that he actually managed to hide inside the car

9Pz1OYP.gif

Acidote

Added everyone! Thanks.
Here's hoping we can get a solid DGAF fireteam for weekly activities. :)
I need to finish some stuff tomorrow evening:
1x Sisters CP
1x Oryx CP
1x Golgoroth CP
All 3 are HM. :)
I'll post tomorrow around 17-18 CET.

I'll try to be there.

darknil

Full now!

1.) Drizzay
3.) LifEndz
4.) juanbumo
5.) The7th-King92
6.) Sparkxps

Team First Try!
Thanks everyone for the quick run, that went perfect!

Drizz, let me know if I can pick the archive of the run, I want to see the hunter run!

Top Bottom