• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You'll be alright Ape. We'll get other Apes to take care of you.

x33xTch.gif

No. Drops are "supposed"* to be between 1~6 points above your current LL.

* I'm 334, with a 334 ghost, and I can't get a 335 ghost to drop for the life of me.

That's rough.

I just leveled up my other two guardians to 40, and their light levels are like 200. Is there any fast way to bring them up to 260 or something more modern? Otherwise at a limit of 6 over your current level, it's going to take forever to get them ready for nightfalls and whatnot.

No. Drops are "supposed"* to be between 1~6 points above your current LL.

* I'm 334, with a 334 ghost, and I can't get a 335 ghost to drop for the life of me.

The April update infusion/progression system is so damn good, it's just a shame they fucked up that one last detail. You make steady progress where every drop is above your current level... until 334 for no apparent reason. I'm sure it's intentional to lengthen the grind but it frankly comes off as silly and petty to me.

Guaranteed max light drops ARE NOT A BAD THING. Especially not this late in the content life cycle. Remember how everyone loved the guaranteed 320 Challenge Mode drops? Well, it wouldn't be Destiny if they didn't break something they'd already fixed every time they improve the game.

Hey guys and girls! I haven't played Destiny since last December and I am looking to jump back in the mix. Did I miss any significant updates, new mechanics or content?

Thanks for any replies!

I just think of 334 as the max and am much happier for it.

Thanks for any replies!

There's a new strike, and year 2 variations of Winter's Run (Fallen and Taken). Max light level is now 335. Infusion is 100%. Prison of Elders is back with a frequently more fun variation called Challenge of Elders.

jem0208

Alright, I’m just starting this game again after picking up the Taken King for sale. I’ve only ever played the base game before so I’ve completed the campaign and got to about level 30 something.

How do I start the House of Wolves quest line? I’ve googled loads and it hasn’t helped. It seems like all you need to do is go talk to the Awoken lady in the reef but she won’t give me the quest...

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The April update infusion/progression system is so damn good, it's just a shame they fucked up that one last detail. You make steady progress where every drop is above your current level... until 334 for no apparent reason. I'm sure it's intentional to lengthen the grind but it frankly comes off as silly and petty to me.

Guaranteed max light drops ARE NOT A BAD THING. Especially not this late in the content life cycle. Remember how everyone loved the guaranteed 320 Challenge Mode drops? Well, it wouldn't be Destiny if they didn't break something they'd already fixed every time they improve the game.
Wait,so it's in my best interest to stay at 333? Because i've been getting some fairly consistent 335 drops and exotic rolls. I have everything at 335 except for my primary, helmet and bond. All 333 or below.

Anyone wanna carry (help) my nieces 319 Huntress thru the NF?

PSN: R-volver

This is how bored I am lol

I dont get home till 8 tonight but am planning on hitting up LFG communities on PSN for some helmet grinding. i will hit you up if you havent found anyone by then.

Alright, I’m just starting this game again after picking up the Taken King for sale. I’ve only ever played the base game before so I’ve completed the campaign and got to about level 30 something.

How do I start the House of Wolves quest line? I’ve googled loads and it hasn’t helped. It seems like all you need to do is go talk to the Awoken lady in the reef but she won’t give me the quest...

Nowadays, the House of Wolves and The Dark Below story lines are somewhat integrated into the main story. Did you travel to the Reef at all during the story? I believe that's the start of the House of Wolves quest line. They took out the Welcome to the Reef part of the quest, so the missions are just on the map.

The first part is called A Kell Rising and it takes place on Venus.

Ryck

Wait,so it's in my best interest to stay at 333? Because i've been getting some fairly consistent 335 drops and exotic rolls. I have everything at 335 except for my primary, helmet and bond. All 333 or below.

I dont get home till 8 tonight but am planning on hitting up LFG communities on PSN for some helmet grinding. i will hit you up if you havent found anyone by then.
I won't be on at that time but thanks anyhow. :)

jem0208

Nowadays, the House of Wolves and The Dark Below story lines are somewhat integrated into the main story. Did you travel to the Reef at all during the story? I believe that's the start of the House of Wolves quest line. They took out the Welcome to the Reef part of the quest, so the missions are just on the map.

The first part is called A Kell Rising and it takes place on Venus.
Thanks, I’ve completed the story in the base game and all the missions are visible on the map, it just didn’t give any obvious starting point. I also had to watch the House of Wolves intro cutscene on Youtube, it didn’t appear to be anywhere in game.

I guess I’ll just start it from the map then.

Thanks, I’ve completed the story in the base game and all the missions are visible on the map, it just didn’t give any obvious starting point. I also had to watch the House of Wolves intro cutscene on Youtube, it didn’t appear to be anywhere in game.

I guess I’ll just start it from the map then.

Yeah, they really don't make it clear. If you play though all of the missions on the map before you start The Taken King, you'll have played through all of the DLC. They're pretty short. Once you finish TTK, Petra will give you another House of Wolves quest line, so it's better to finish the first one first.

jem0208

Yeah, they really don't make it clear. If you play though all of the missions on the map before you start The Taken King, you'll have played through all of the DLC. They're pretty short. Once you finish TTK, Petra will give you another House of Wolves quest line, so it's better to finish the first one first.
I’ve done the Taken King questline already unfortunately...

On another note, what’s with all the weird purple upside down triangles with crowns in them?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've realised that over the last couple of days of Iron Banner, that I'm quickly losing what love I had left for Destiny PvP. Iron Banner was the one thing in Year 2 that I was still enjoying but now even that's gone. SBMM and how sweaty *every* PvP match has become has very much sucked any fun that was left out of PvP. And lag, OH GOD THE LAG.

phen0m24

I've realised that over the last couple of days of Iron Banner, that I'm quickly losing what love I had left for Destiny PvP. Iron Banner was the one thing in Year 2 that I was still enjoying but now even that's gone. SBMM and how sweaty *every* PvP match has become has very much sucked any fun that was left out of PvP.

I only really stress out in IB but after a few rounds of sweat there are potatoes. When all of a sudden I can get Best Around, life is good

Dave_6

Had a Nirwen's drop last night with counter balance, braced frame and glass half full. I'm thinking that's better than the vendor one I got late last year though I would miss having third eye.

GutZ31

Flawless Crota Raid #3 Signup
Wednesday the 27th, 2016 at 3:00PM EST.

Please add your name and the person's before yours to keep the list in order.

1. GutZ31
2. Marvel

Requirements: MLG Pro 360 no scope.
not really, just have more light level than 170.

darthbob

Flawless Crota Raid #3 Signup
Wednesday the 29th, 2016 at 3:00PM EST.

Please add your name and the person's before yours to keep the list in order.

1. GutZ31
2. Marvel

Requirements: MLG Pro 360 no scope.
not really, just have more light level than 170.

man i'd love to do this, but work. :'(

Good on ya for running these, maybe I'll be able to do one these in the future.

voOsh

Dumb question for you grizzled vets: I randomly loaded Destiny up for the first time in about a year. I'm 290 light with a zillion quests and notifications everywhere. Overwhelmed. What is the best immediate use of my time in game to gear up?

LifEndz

Dumb question for you grizzled vets: I randomly loaded Destiny up for the first time in about a year. I'm 290 light with a zillion quests and notifications everywhere. Overwhelmed. What is the best immediate use of my time in game to gear up?

Equip your best gear and do weekly heroics and/or the raid. The challenge mode is a great way to get a high light level drop.Always be at your highest possible light when decrypting engrams.

Top Bottom