• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Morning DGAF!

This Thursday I will be going down for surgery. I have a bilateral hernia above my groin. Don't worry, I'll spare everyone here the details, but it's common in men as you get older. The irony is, I didn't get it while lifting anything heavy. Who knew it could happen during other adult things? Please don't make this my tag.

Anyways, it's a 45 minute outpatient surgery, so I will be home right after. I've talked to a few people who have had hernias, friends and coworkers, and I'll be down for about 3-4 days, but up and moving soon after.

I just wanted to let my favorite gaming community know why I won't be around for Trials/ PvP trains this weekend. I'll recover and be ready the following weekend.

Morning DGAF!

This Thursday I will be going down for surgery. I have a bilateral hernia above my groin. Don't worry, I'll spare everyone here the details, but it's common in men as you get older. The irony is, I didn't get it while lifting anything heavy. Who knew it could happen during other adult things? Please don't make this my tag.

Anyways, it's a 45 minute outpatient surgery, so I will be home right after. I've talked to a few people who have had hernias, friends and coworkers, and I'll be down for about 3-4 days, but up and moving soon after.

I just wanted to let my favorite gaming community know why I won't be around for Trials/ PvP trains this weekend. I'll recover and be ready the following weekend.
Wish you all the best Ape! \o/

LTWood12

Morning DGAF!

Here's to a quick recovery Ape.

Acidote

Get well!

johnny I'm here, just send me a message through psn and I'll log in. Golgi, Sisters or Oryx (which I need). I don't care.

Morning DGAF!

I had hernia surgery when I was like 7 and I didn't get it from lifting either. It seems like it can just be a bad luck thing maybe?

Either way, when I woke up i wanted Chinese food haha.

This coming week's map isnt going to be better than Exodus Blue so it'll be alright!

Will join for Golgi CM.

i can join for one Daughters+Oryx :)

Get well!

johnny I'm here, just send me a message through psn and I'll log in. Golgi, Sisters or Oryx (which I need). I don't care.
Thanks for the interest, but it seems we're short. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll work on the Crucible questline for Y2 Triumphs instead.
Hope we'll have good raid activity this week with Oryx CM. :)

VinFTW

So, just got back into Destiny since last Summer.

Can anyone offer some assistance?

Theres a bunch of new quests on my map but I kind of can't tell which are new or not.

Is there a list of new quests from the April update?

Like, where to start and how far it goes?

Also, whats the end-game loop right now?

Thanks. A lot of new shit was added, which is good.

void666

Banned
I returned to destiny a couple of days ago. After months away from the game.
Yesterday my old team mates invited me to try king's fall HM. I knew it would suck but i joined anyway.
It took us a long time to just open the raid. Another eternity at the jump section.
We spent 1 hour and a half at the totems and just gave up.

Now i remember one of the reasons i stopped playing destiny. Frustration. I don't like joining strangers or people i'm not comfortable with. But my friends... are not good.

Is there even a dozen of us? Could be worse, you could be on Xbox and UK/GMT timezone like me. My year 2 experience has been mainly solo crucible, so few people are on.

For the past few months I've raided most weekends (on XBone) with a crew of people in Canada and the UK-- a chain of friend of a friend. Occasionally we'll start a raid at 10pm UK time during the week.

Add me on XBL if you want.

At 7-0 no mercy for Darknyss' first card... match against Wish You Luck with his 4.0 k/d doing a single carry. Went down 1-4, came back 4-4 and had numbers advantage during last round but choked/Wish clutched and we lost.

Oof. That was a rough card. Way too many pros.

The variety of my drops this IB have been lacking, to say the least.

40 Weyloran's
300 Ghost Shells
15 Boots
10 Gloves
1 Nirwen's

Just throw me a bone with the primary, Saladin. I need to infuse it with something.

Morning DGAF!

wishing you all the best and a quick recovery. No remote play on Destiny. it will not help the recovery from your surgery :)

phen0m24

lol tell me about it, it's been a long time coming. My original Gaf name will be a trivia question at the end of Destiny Year 10, to see who the real OG's are, lol.

By then even us oldies will forget
the name Boguester
and we probably will still pronounce it wrong

Morning DGAF!

Uh, um, errr... Other adult things? Lolol wait a minute. This just got interesting. ;)

Get well soon Ape

I want my MIDA to have stagger again. It was such a good counter to hardscope snipers.

I wish I still had my Badger with explosive rounds, that might work nicely.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I know I've said it before but I'm more excited for a positive dgaf those first few weeks of the new dlc than I am of the dlc itself. It's always fun watching the community discover new loot and gameplay scenarios together. Hopefully this raid will have more freedom than kings fall which will allow for more discussion and more strats.

aarcane

For the past few months I've raided most weekends (on XBone) with a crew of people in Canada and the UK-- a chain of friend of a friend. Occasionally we'll start a raid at 10pm UK time during the week.

Add me on XBL if you want.

Cool, I'll add you when I get in from work. My GT is danthehack.

http://i.imgur.com/23OZXO7.gifv

Omg i want this Helmet. It drops in the Saber strike and has an increased chance during nightfall. Does anyone want to run this with me today? at around 8 PM EST?

I've got this one. I have a feeling the glow makes me an easier target for snipers but I don't care, it looks good paired with Nothing Manacles on my warlock.

Also, get well soon, Ape.

Top of page bonus throwing knife of panic gif:

6bGBLKv.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Should I be farming the 41 PoE or 41 Heroic strikes for gear?

Im currently 306 light level

Dont grind anything. Focus on leveling up your Vanguard, Crucible and Factions. Every level upgrade will give you an item 1-6 light levels above your overall light level. I used up all my motes of lights, armor pieces, weapon parts and ammo synthesis (glimmer) on upgrading my faction and was able to level up like 5-10 times thanks to the hundreds of motes of lights i was sitting on. Use vanguard and crucible boosters to get double xp.

you can also run the Challenge of the Elders twice every week. the drop rate of higher level gear and weapons is very rare in strikes. like once every 5-6 strikes though three of coins help as well.

Morning DGAF!

Please some mod make his tag: "Broke his junk giving it to his old lady."

Jade Rabbit does a really good job countering snipers. Hits like a truck and seems to be really generous with headshots.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I really like the high Impact scouts but I tend to run sniper so I am at a disadvantage in close quarter maps. MIDA shoots fast enough that you can counter rushers even with body shots.

I really wish Bungie would make more maps like Burning shrine or shores of times. I like maps that allow all play styles.

Morning DGAF!

Ape, best wishes, man. I hope everything goes smoothly.

NeOak

Morning DGAF!

TheAquaticApe
Old Wet Monkey
(Today, 09:18 AM)

Top Bottom