• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

neoism

Armor of Vows is pretty cool, but it's still no Comitatus.

8yrj8owkz0np.jpg

yeah thats my fav ship desgin most ship designs look like pure dogshit in this game... just blocky bulky messes...

Kalamari

Bungie needs to stop smoking so much weed, it has really affected their perception of aesthetics. It might even result in less bugs too.

re: that first quote - Bungie is a notoriously slow developer. I'd rather them give us more content for Destiny rather than them spend time creating a brand new Destiny 2 engine. Let us explore The City, or go inside The Traveler, give us some flying combat vehicles, a new class to play, etc. I just want more content, not a whole new game that could also be light on content.

I don't see why that's controversial.

Destiny in its current state is so restrictive that they can't change anything without breaking something. The whole design and structure are so rigid due to being developed for last-gen that they need a brand new engine.

So yes, we need Destiny 2 and that's why Bungie has had most of their team working on it. Nobody wants the current Destiny to linger on with barebones updates and recycled content.

neoism

re: that first quote - Bungie is a notoriously slow developer. I'd rather them give us more content for Destiny rather than them spend time creating a brand new Destiny 2 engine. Let us explore The City, or go inside The Traveler, give us some flying combat vehicles, a new class to play, etc. I just want more content, not a whole new game that could also be light on content.

I don't see why that's controversial.

bungle isnt really slow the just made and shiity slow engine to work with... they reallly need to overhall it for D2 so it doesnt take a week to move a rock...

when you really think bungie made h1 and h2 insanely quick... i dont see them making a new new engine unless they said they was it will look way better i hope since old gen is gone, but yeah they just need to make the tools or whatever is wrong with d1s engine faster to work with.

also the need better communication with fans... which is a sad thing to say to a developer like bungie they really did this well in the past.

chur

If ROI is indeed from Destiny 2 doesn't that confirm they'll be using the same engine? It probably has less restrictions because of the last gen drop but it should be mostly the same.

neoism

If ROI is indeed from Destiny 2 doesn't that confirm they'll be using the same engine? It probably has less restrictions because of the last gen drop but it should be mostly the same.

yeah i just dont seen them makein a new one... they can more than likely make it look better with high textures and what not.. will see i guess. still glad og gen is gone.

FyreWulff

It doesn't matter since patches are unrestricted now. Destiny's engine will be continually evolved in-place.

Inferno 6v6 for the Sterling Treasure...
It took forever to find 12 players and then half of the opposing team were crispy yellow/red bar shotgunners. Disgusting.
At least they lost.

jschreier

I don't believe ROI was cut out from D2. I believe it began from scratch (other than the raid) in January of this year, when Bungie decided to delay D2.

Deku Tree

I don't believe ROI was cut out from D2. I believe it began from scratch (other than the raid) in January of this year, when Bungie decided to delay D2.

Recent videos make it look like it had a low dev budget and short dev time too.

Is RoI really only "house of wolves plus" sized? Sounds small for $30.

jschreier

Recent videos make it look like it had a low dev budget and short dev time too.

Is RoI really only "house of wolves plus" sized? Sounds small for $30.
Does it matter, though? Everyone'll play through the story in a day no matter what. The real question is how good the raid will be, and I hear it's pretty cool.

It'd also be nice to see them do a more extensive trickle of weapon quests like they did for the first few months of TTK, then stopped because the live team became the DLC team.

Kyoufu

Does it matter, though? Everyone'll play through the story in a day no matter what. The real question is how good the raid will be, and I hear it's pretty cool.

It'd also be nice to see them do a more extensive trickle of weapon quests like they did for the first few months of TTK, then stopped because the live team became the DLC team.

Quests are cool and all, but I hope the raid loot doesn't suffer from a lack of compelling and powerful drops like King's Fall did.

Deku Tree

Yeah if the Raid is good that will be huge! Glad to hear it sound cool.

And for sure if the live team goes back to doing regular updates that would be really great too.

I wonder if SRL never came back because it was internally considered a failure? Or because the live team became the DLC team?

Ok, weird bug. On the moon doing patrol. Get a mission to kill fallen for temper cloth. Have been killing them for 20 minutes, and not one has droped. Will cancel this bounty and see if the other ones work ok

Number45

Ugh, getting these 30 radiance multi kills is going to take FOREVER. Don't think I've struggled with any to the extent that I'm struggling with this right now. >_<

Might swap over to void for a bit for the sake of my sanity.

Trakan

I really hate timegated stuff. I don't see a point to it. I prefer pure RNG. Getting Gjallarhorn back through a quest is kind of cool though.

I wish you'd ask them about the TTK exotics that never came out. They were used in promotional videos/screens which is really shady.

I really hate timegated stuff. I don't see a point to it. I prefer pure RNG. Getting Gjallarhorn back through a quest is kind of cool though.

I wish you'd ask them about the TTK exotics that never came out. They were used in promotional videos/screens which is really shady.
I would only like time gated stuff if they did it like how they did Black Spindle by making it a secret for the community to find on there own to give everyone a nice little surprise.

Although screw NTTE, Chaperone, First Curse, and every other time gated thing.

NeOak

bungle isnt really slow the just made and shiity slow engine to work with... they reallly need to overhall it for D2 so it doesnt take a week to move a rock...

when you really think bungie made h1 and h2 insanely quick... i dont see them making a new new engine unless they said they was it will look way better i hope since old gen is gone, but yeah they just need to make the tools or whatever is wrong with d1s engine faster to work with.

also the need better communication with fans... which is a sad thing to say to a developer like bungie they really did this well in the past.

You do realize that you're talking about games for the original Xbox. Which could be made with 10 people.

Halo 1 was made with what, 12 people?

Halo 2 took 3 years to be made dude. And this was for the original Xbox. Not HD stuff.

The old Bungie from that era was leaner, and with way less people in there.

And you can't compare the size of Destiny with Halo. Halo didn't have that many different armors until Halo 5.

FyreWulff

You do realize that you're talking about games for the original Xbox. Which could be made with 10 people.

Halo 1 was made with what, 12 people?

Halo 2 took 3 years to be made dude. And this was for the original Xbox. Not HD stuff.

The old Bungie from that era was leaner, and with way less people in there.

And you can't compare the size of Destiny with Halo. Halo didn't have that many different armors until Halo 5.

Also, Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach had their campaigns burned to disc once and never touched again.

Is there still a 200 cap on Legendary Marks? I think I'm going to buy The Vanity tonight. The vendor roll is great.

I also want the Villainy, but I'm hoping to get one with TrueSight IS & Outlaw.

Trakan

I would only like time gated stuff if they did it like how they did Black Spindle by making it a secret for the community to find on there own to give everyone a nice little surprise.

Although screw NTTE, Chaperone, First Curse, and every other time gated thing.

It was timegated in a sense, as they had to make it the daily story before it was obtainable. I do think hidden exotics like that are okay though.

Top Bottom