• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Green engram hype.

9mVDzrE.png

Spot on train.

SpecX

:( tried to solo the spindle mission. Stomped the boss with a minute to go and did a victory dance, then realized I needed to clear out all the adds...

I thought we were supposed to get 335 items after finishing CoE? I didn't have enough point for the 30, but I didn't think that mattered.

Thanks again, NegativeDude. We should run it again tomorrow.

Edit: screw it. I'm going to run it again. I didn't want to, but I want some sort of reward. Join on me if you're interested. PSN: GustyGardens

I thought we were supposed to get 335 items after finishing CoE? I didn't have enough point for the 30, but I didn't think that mattered.

Edit: screw it. I'm going to run it again. I didn't want to, but I want some sort of reward. Join on me if you're interested. PSN: GustyGardens

I need to run a complete card. But I won't be on for at least 25 minutes

You don't get those drops on every single run. It's more like 1 in every 5 at best.

SpecX

What in the world. I thought placing in the top 3 in rumble counted towards the grimoire stat? I got put into a mid match game, reached 3rd place with the best k/d ratio and I still only have 2 rumble wins...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You know what. That could be a good thing.

Like, for a custom match, have two full parties and let the game randomize the teams. That could be fun.

What in the world. I thought placing in the top 3 in rumble counted towards the grimoire stat? I got put into a mid match game, reached 3rd place with the best k/d ratio and I still only have 2 rumble wins...

Why did you think that? Rumble grimoire is the hardest grimoire to get exactly because you gotta straight up win 100 of them. Win, not place 2nd or 3rd.

SpecX

Why did you think that? Rumble grimoire is the hardest grimoire to get exactly because you gotta straight up win 100 of them. Win, not place 2nd or 3rd.
I thought I read in one of the updates Bungie changed rumbles.wins to include the top 3 players. I looked online after this post and I guess it only applies to bounties and quests involving rumble matches, not the grimoire.

You don't get those drops on every single run. It's more like 1 in every 5 at best.

Eh, that's kinda lame. I did get a warlock bond on our second run, so I was pretty stoked about that. I may try and run it a few more times this weekend. Honestly, I'm in that post Iron Banner slump where Destiny needs a bit of a rest. That's why I left the Crucible train.

For some reason, though, I can't stop playing.

Well that was fun...built an early lead on a team tonight in rift, some guy starts sending out hate mail to me and my party mates during the game, which ends up with us winning in a mercy rule. Post game, guy uses some IP sniffing software and starts sending personal threats to a couple of us. Some people man.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's how I am with the game. I have a backlog in the hundreds. I keep trying to get myself to play other games but Destiny is just so easy to pick up and play. I mean I'm even neglecting fighting games for it. I mind as well just wait for my new PC to play some of the stuff in my backlog.

Aeon glow hype!

That's how I am with the game. I have a backlog in the hundreds. I keep trying to get myself to play other games but Destiny is just so easy to pick up and play. I mean I'm even neglecting fighting games for it. I mind as well just wait for my new PC to play some of the stuff in my backlog.

Aeon glow hype!

Hundreds...really? How many different systems?

You have a history with fighting type games yeah? You should post a pic of your library, it's probably jaw droppingly huge.

aarcane

Got a Hand of Judgment from ranking up Variks.

KW6R8uK.jpg

Perfect Balance, High Caliber Rounds, Third Eye/Triple Tap. Feels quite nice after a quick Cosmodrome test run, I'll try it out in the crucible later.

GutZ31

Got a Hand of Judgment from ranking up Variks.

KW6R8uK.jpg

Perfect Balance, High Caliber Rounds, Third Eye/Triple Tap. Feels quite nice after a quick Cosmodrome test run, I'll try it out in the crucible later.
Good roll. I would use triple tap in PvE and try third eye in crucible.
Triple tap on HoJ is a must in PvE.
Those 15 rounds just are never enough.

Melchiah

Thanks for sharing. Here's a bigger version I found via Google image search:

I've reached level 317 with my year one Hunter without doing a single Raid, and I don't play PVP at all. I mostly do patrols, and the occasional Prison of Elders and Court of Oryx. I haven't done any strikes since completing TTK's quests, and doing Blighted Chalice twice.

I've been Beaver'd over fifty times today and I'm giving up. I'm just not going to play until they fix the connection errors introduced with this most recent patch. Sucks because I was just starting to feel comfortable using NLB and now I can't practice. :(

GutZ31

I've been Beaver'd over fifty times today and I'm giving up. I'm just not going to play until they fix the connection errors introduced with this most recent patch. Sucks because I was just starting to feel comfortable using NLB and now I can't practice. :(
That's a lot of beavers. At least you can boast about it to your friends.

Destiny |OT♦42| The Beavers Comith
Destiny |OT♦42| Raise Of Beaver
Destiny |OT♦42| Iron Beaver
Destiny |OT♦42| Leave it to Beaver

Melchiah

I managed to play Prison of Elders and patrols just fine yesterday, but it took several times to get to the Tower. Hopefully it's better today.

Gong

Destiny |OT♦42| Something's Wrong with the Beaver

If you're of a certain age and know of Kinky Friedman, you'll get that reference

Jinjo

At that point you should really just wait another month or so.

Waiting a month is do-able for sure. But waiting 3 to 4 months without any sort of PS4 is gonna be really, really difficult. Besides, there's not even an official Neo release date yet... so nobody knows if it's october or even later.

GutZ31

Waiting a month is do-able for sure. But waiting 3 to 4 months without any sort of PS4 is gonna be really, really difficult. Besides, there's not even an official Neo release date yet... so nobody knows if it's october or even later.

A large majority of the leaked dates for October seem to be related to PSVR, and bundles with PSVR.

I would hope that the Neo releases in October, but not holding my breath, as it seems a little too soon in my opinion.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's been three days and no 335 bond for me. Forever 334 continues.

Gotta say that the CoE this week is really fun. I was scoring nearly 3k points per super use and the final boss has this nice gimmick to it that isnt obtuse like some of the Raid mechanics but still different enough to keep the gameplay interesting.

The post game drops for CoE, are they unlimited or do they max out after three runs? It's my best chance to get a bond. After nearly 30 strikes in the past three days I have given up on getting omnigul or flares to drop a bond or a cloak.

We need three more for the Oyrx Challenge. My GamerTag is thatsmytrunks if anyone's willing to help.
I would gladly get in on this if you guys do HM but as it's newbie only I imagine you'll want to make things as smooth as possible and avoid that?

Also free for NF or CoE I'd anyone's intrested: PSN - BarryTheSprout

Crucible rank up just gave my first Longbow:

- Hawkeye / Shortgaze / Tacsys
- Eye of the Storm
- Speed Reload / Snapshot / Smallbore
- Mulligan

Since it's my first, I'll keep. But is that a decent roll?

Edit: Also, holy shit, when did the Monte Carlo become such a beast?! Just picked one up from a Three of Coins and it wrecks in crucible.

I managed to play Prison of Elders and patrols just fine yesterday, but it took several times to get to the Tower. Hopefully it's better today.
Every single time I've loaded into the tower I spawn in by myself and no NPCs are even there. It's like everyone up and left on vacation. From there the game either loads everyone in (players too) or Beavers me back to orbit. It took me half an hour just to go and buy some Spinmetal haha.

Gotta say that the CoE this week is really fun. I was scoring nearly 3k points per super use and the final boss has this nice gimmick to it that isnt obtuse like some of the Raid mechanics but still different enough to keep the gameplay interesting.

The post game drops for CoE, are they unlimited or do they max out after three runs? It's my best chance to get a bond. After nearly 30 strikes in the past three days I have given up on getting omnigul or flares to drop a bond or a cloak.

I've had had pretty good luck getting these from King's Fall HM.

Here's a handy infographic that shows where you can get specific items at 335:
X9EB4UU.jpg

Crucible rank up just gave my first Longbow:

- Hawkeye / Shortgaze / Tacsys
- Eye of the Storm
- Speed Reload / Snapshot / Smallbore
- Mulligan

Since it's my first, I'll keep. But is that a decent roll?

Edit: Also, holy shit, when did the Monte Carlo become such a beast?! Just picked one up from a Three of Coins and it wrecks in crucible.
That's a decent roll. Shortgaze and Snapshot are great, Mulligan is decent, and Eye of the Storm is bleh. I'd say that's a solid roll and a keeper.

Melchiah

Every single time I've loaded into the tower I spawn in by myself and no NPCs are even there. It's like everyone up and left on vacation. From there the game either loads everyone in (players too) or Beavers me back to orbit. It took me half an hour just to go and buy some Spinmetal haha.

It threw me back to the orbit, but I eventually got there after few tries. Earlier in the day it threw me back to the character select menu, and I just gave up for a couple of hours. I didn't witness the NPCs missing, but two times it threw me out just before I reached Xander.

SpecX

I've had had pretty good luck getting these from King's Fall HM.

Here's a handy infographic that shows where you can get specific items at 335:
X9EB4UU.jpg

As Shaxx would say "This is Amazing!" Guess I'm farming the Shield Brothers to finally get those Maulers and my 335 gauntlets.

Shiv47

You can only get the 30K/90K rewards once per week per character, but you can farm the post game rewards (class items/exotics) as much as you want. I've no idea if this week is conducive to it, but some weeks allow for easy burning down of each boss, and you can run through 3 rounds in 10-15 minutes or so. Just ignore adds and run down the boss for max effectiveness.

So, I'm assuming that Varik's doesn't give out his weapons until after the first rank up, just like the other factions? I ranked up to level 2 last night, and I got a couple of motes and some blue engrams. CoE is pretty easy this week, so I might run it a few more times in attempts to rank up House of Judgement.

You can only run one sigil per week, right? I got the Bane of the Taken machine gun, which was an almost identical roll to my Bretomart's Stand, so I switched over to that. I also got the Keeper's Mind helmet, which isn't really my style. Both were 334.

I was using the Monte Carlo for most of the Iron Banner. It's not really my kind of everyday use gun, but it melts through things like butter in the Crucible.

Toddler

Since I'm never going to use the MoT code for the ugly t-shirt with expensive shipping, if anyone wants my code, let me know.

Please?

I still want MoT, but it's not looking good unless I can pull a team for Oryx together this weekend. Plus, beavers.

Please?

I still want MoT, but it's not looking good unless I can pull a team for Oryx together this weekend. Plus, beavers.

I plan on spending tomorrow after 5 MST doing orxy CM and HM. and if I need to Saturday too. This is the last thing I need for MoT. If want to join up let me know, I don't have a team yet.

jacobs34

Anyone want to help me with my first Nightfall since the April update? I'm a level 330 Titan trying to get some higher light level gear.

Edit: PSN - MrJCJacobs

Top Bottom