• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Damnit Taiste. We can't take you anywhere FailFish

Did they buff the last word again?
Just came back after a couple months hiatus and getting two shotted from what has to be outside of handgun range, I'm guessing that gun has no drop off damage?

A little while back they buffed all Hand Cannon accuracy and TLW definitely benefitted from that (combined with Doctrine nerf it was enough to put TLW back as top dog for many). It will always be a shadow of its original self, but it's very useable with ADS currently. That said, TLW can't really two-shot anymore. I think technically Agg Ballistics could 2-shot a low armor Guardian, but everybody runs Soft Ballistics to make the recoil manageable (plus not many people run low armor). Regardless, the damage drop off for hand cannons is pretty severe now so it's never gonna 2-shot anyone from range. You must have been taking damage from somewhere else or were already weak etc.

Shiv47

Gonna run old prison of elders for grimoire cards if anyone needs them one spot available, leaving in a few. Just join on me or dthomp

Arrrammis

So, are newbie raids still going on most weeks? I have a friend who recently picked up the game and would like to get in to raiding, but it's pretty difficult to find a raid group (in my experience, Gaf is pretty great though) that doesn't mind going through and explaining things along the way. I looked through the last few pages of the thread, but I didn't see any postings about it.

Arrrammis

Better to level up naturally or use the item to get to 25?

Level up naturally for your first time, after that it's up to you. IIRC, the boost doesn't level up your subclass, so you'd still have to unlock all of your abilities, you just get higher level gear drops and would tear through encounters that are supposed to be difficult.

ColZXJbWgAIMFyr.jpg

Colb_TcWYAAwVJC.jpg

Frenden

Banned
GUARDIAN LORD HYPE!

I celebrated my own tiny victory tonight. I'm finally T12. 552 with an Alpha Poopi for Trials.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNjQ3NTQ2NTg1OTI1NTUwMDgvMjA4ODAyMzA2Mzc0NzYyNDk3LzU1Mi5QTkcifQ.-LAWyrNCBr70zH72Gn576Ow4bpQ.PNG

It only took about a dozen Poopi rerolls. I wish armor mats weren't so scarce. Or that the economy for things like infusion and glass needle rerolling wasn't so steep. One or the other. Or both.

JTripper

Just got to 334, feels good. After a long break from Destiny this year I came back to prepare myself for Rise of Iron and I think I'm pretty much ready. Don't think I'll dedicate any more time to grind out for that 335 since I'm kind of bored of King's Fall and Crucible, especially after completing Year 2 MoT and that goddamn Mountaintop questline.

Got all 3 exotic cloaks on my hunter.
o9X6s8k.png

And the last strike i needed was Omnigul
o9X6s8k.png

I've always loved that strike ever since it was first introduce.
o9X6s8k.png

I always hoped for it in heroic playlist
o9X6s8k.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Game is dead, etc, etc. This week overall is the lowest amount of people I've seen playing the game thus yet. The wait for Rise of Iron continues for many.

I looked up in the stars. A black sun greeted me. I looked across the horizon. Spindles of Onyx woven in an undecipherable pattern. It was almost time for the stars to take me. I sat there, looking onward. As the smoke came, I wondered. Where will I end up next? Will it follow? My ship fully repaired, I only watched as the landscape around me was slowly swallowed. As it was time to go, I grabbed my Thorn next to me-ever since I freed it from that vault, its curse has followed me, devouring places I went to. It was time for me to leave this sphere and to go to another. I got on my ship. I looked towards the stars. I glimpsed at the creeping death. I flipped life to my chariot. I felt my Thorn once more. And I blasted off.

Sorry bungie but it looks like I won't be coming back for a black gjallahorn or having class items be shaded again. And No Mans Sky is coming out soon..thus the little soliloquy. Thorn now, Thorn forever, #BringHerBack

Marvel

could never
Game is dead, etc, etc. This week overall is the lowest amount of people I've seen playing the game thus yet. The wait for Rise of Iron continues for many.
My roster used to be so full, most I can see online at any given time until the evening is 3-5 people :s

I'm Assassio btw, will join you for some pvp later if space.

D_psipher

I need five minutes of your time on sunday to beat Golgoroth HM. We can also beat the Deathsingers and Oryx if you need to.

Sunday, 3pm EST

1.) The7th-King92
2.) Slimysnake/thenegativedude
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

I need those damn boots.

Thanks man.

Nvm I just saw the time and I will not be around. Good luck.

Jabronium

I can't remember the last time I was in this thread, it's been months since I've played, and I've had just about zero interest in Rise of Iron...but I had a Destiny themed dream last night, and here I am preordering it.

Dave_6

I was going to join but by the time I got done screwing around in patrol I was too sleepy.

Happy Birthday to me BTW! :p

shermas

Another night of failed Oryx CM lfg groups. I met Some pretty cool people but man. So frustrating.

As an xbox'er who doesn't post here too much, I know the feels. Every once in a while I meet up with a group and we get it done in one or two runs, but, man..... Some of the runs:

- "have you done this before?" "Yes" "okay, call out if you miss your knight" "wait, which knight? How do we kill them?"
- "have you done this before?" "Yes" "if I'm torn, who can take my plate?"
- "have you done this before?" "Yes" "wait, why am I in a different room with a shade thing right now?"

wiping on bombs is the worst, too... You take 10 minutes to get all four bombs stacked up, then someone dies after detonating one, or steps in waayyyy before everyone else, one of the ogres gets kind of loose in the last round and they aren't all in the corner, etc...

When I'm getting tired, or just want to get it done, I'll actually check GT on destinystatus.com to make sure people have done it before. I don't mind helping/explaining at all, but sometimes enough is enough.

EDIT: on the flip side, when you help someone get it done for the first time, it's great. Two guys yesterday were being kind of quiet and they were both Titans, so they stayed in the middle on ogre duty. When we got it done, they both lost their shit because they'd never beat Oryx on hard before and never completed the challenge mode. They were stoked. I hadn't heard that much shouting and yelling since Gally drops during Year 1.

Owensboro

Yeah it is. I couldn't find anybody down for that. Going to try again today

I'm trying to get a normal mode clear together at 3pm EST if you're interested. Can't find a checkpoint so we're going to just do the whole thing. Have 3 currenty (if everyone shows up)

King's Fall Normal Mode! (to get Challenge Mode Oryx) PS4
1. Owensboro
2. ValeYard13
3. guillon1990

I'm trying to get a normal mode clear together at 3pm EST if you're interested. Can't find a checkpoint so we're going to just do the whole thing. Have 3 currenty (if everyone shows up)

King's Fall Normal Mode! (to get Challenge Mode Oryx)
1. Owensboro
2. ValeYard13
3. guillon1990
If PS4, Mind if I bring a friend?

Kyoufu

Did Bungie nerf how quickly you can Shadestep in succession? I recall being able to do it twice in a row, but now there's a delay. Or is it a Graviton Forfeit thing only?

SpecX

Did Bungie nerf how quickly you can Shadestep in succession? I recall being able to do it twice in a row, but now there's a delay. Or is it a Graviton Forfeit thing only?
It was part of the hunter nerf. They added a cool down in between for shadestep and the twilight garrison evade.

YES!!!!!!!335!!!!!!!!! Echo chamber finally dropped 335 gauntlets for me, I made it!

Top Bottom