• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Blam

NPwSj1q.png

Am I ready for Trials? I'm only at 322 light. Or do I have to be at 330 or higher?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Curse you, last wizard. Lol

Newbie raiders, we have 5,which is enough to get to the boss room. We can probably snag a helper once we get there.

Hedera

All morning with a really good LFG group. Detonated all 16 bombs multiple times to have Oryx take no damage.

FML

We had his chest open etc.
The people that stay mid need to be shooting the chest while detonating. Maybe your group wasn't doing that? It's the only thing I can think of regarding doing no damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I appreciate it guys. About to hop on and scope it out, assuming all 5 are in attendance I'll hit one of you up for help :)

Owensboro

I appreciate it guys. About to hop on and scope it out, assuming all 5 are in attendance I'll hit one of you up for help :)
If you all need anymore help let me know. I'm down!

Cool, just grabbed another

1. Owensboro
2. ValeYard13
3. guillon1990
4.Nighthawk17
5.Ironmano00
6.Toxin224

A BIG thanks to everyone for this run! We did Orxy Normal challenge mode and I got the last damn fragment I needed! Now to just complete the PvP step (ugh).

Also, I have a KING'S FALL NORMAL MODE ORYX checkpoint (PS4) if anyone needs it for the fragment. Saved it on my hunter. PSN is OwensboroEsq.

A BIG thanks to everyone for this run! We did Orxy Normal challenge mode and I got the last damn fragment I needed! Now to just complete the PvP step (ugh).

Also, I have a KING'S FALL NORMAL MODE ORYX checkpoint (PS4) if anyone needs it for the fragment. Saved it on my hunter. PSN is OwensboroEsq.
Yea, thanks again man. We had a few close calls but still pulled it off.

Toddler

I might as well grab that, is there a chance anyone want to help out with it?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
DestinyGAF - I wish to make my triumphant return to the game. I went away fairly soon after The Taken King released due to life becoming fairly busy. If I remember right, it was just before the King's Fall (?) raid released - it was September 2015, I know that much. But, I'm finally close to having large chunks of time to devote to this game again (I played Crucible for the first time in several MONTHS yesterday). A lot of stuff seems to have changed, so I'd like to catch up on what I've missed.

How would you guys suggest I get caught up? What should I be doing now? What is the appropriate routine?

I have a level 40 Titan that is around 200 light level? That's my main.

I also have a Hunter and a Warlock in the low 30s.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Big thanks to Hawkian and crew for Newbie raid and CM!

Seconded. And apologies if I made it frustrating for anybody. Warlocks can't into platforming yadda yadda. It's funny because it's true.
haha! You were fine. That was nothing. I've had KF newbie raids cross the 6 hour mark before, this was a downright pro run ;)

Fun times, so glad we got the kill.
So, are newbie raids still going on most weeks? I have a friend who recently picked up the game and would like to get in to raiding, but it's pretty difficult to find a raid group (in my experience, Gaf is pretty great though) that doesn't mind going through and explaining things along the way. I looked through the last few pages of the thread, but I didn't see any postings about it.
If you know what times are good for your friend I can schedule the next one (will be Vault) around that. Wednesday, Thursday nights EST or Saturday afternoons are what I usually aim for.

DestinyGAF - I wish to make my triumphant return to the game. I went away fairly soon after The Taken King released due to life becoming fairly busy. If I remember right, it was just before the King's Fall (?) raid released - it was September 2015, I know that much. But, I'm finally close to having large chunks of time to devote to this game again (I played Crucible for the first time in several MONTHS yesterday). A lot of stuff seems to have changed, so I'd like to catch up on what I've missed.

How would you guys suggest I get caught up? What should I be doing now? What is the appropriate routine?

I have a level 40 Titan that is around 200 light level? That's my main.

I also have a Hunter and a Warlock in the low 30s.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Yeah the entire gear treadmill and Light system has changed and is much more straightforward now. Basically no matter what you do, you'll be acquiring items at higher light than you have and should equip the highest you've got to get higher than that. 280 or so is the entry to normal mode KF which can get you well past 300, though there are also other sources of 300+ gear. The current max (335) is essentially irrelevant and anything above 330 is basically fully endgame ready until Rise of Iron comes out in september.

edit: Oops I didn't much answer your question, but it depends a lot on what you did before you left. You beat the TTK story?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
haha! You were fine. That was nothing. I've had KF newbie raids cross the 6 hour mark before, this was a downright pro run ;)

Fun times, so glad we got the kill.

If you know what times are good for your friend I can schedule the next one (will be Vault) around that. Wednesday, Thursday nights EST or Saturday afternoons are what I usually aim for.

Yeah the entire gear treadmill and Light system has changed and is much more straightforward now. Basically no matter what you do, you'll be acquiring items at higher light than you have and should equip the highest you've got to get higher than that. 280 or so is the entry to normal mode KF which can get you well past 300, though there are also other sources of 300+ gear. The current max (335) is essentially irrelevant and anything above 330 is basically fully endgame ready until Rise of Iron comes out in september.

edit: Oops I didn't much answer your question, but it depends a lot on what you did before you left. You beat the TTK story?

Thanks Hawkian!

I think so - but only with my Titan. I remember fighting Oryx in an arena of some sort and he would come at you from out of a mist. Is that the end?

NeOak

Thanks man. I'm working with Sideshow Collectibles to see if they can ship me a replacement box, I'm not super optimistic but at least the Titan itself is undamaged. :)

Spoke too soon. The box was dinged too.

FML.

Time to contact Bungie Store about it.

phen0m24

Seconded. And apologies if I made it frustrating for anybody. Warlocks can't into platforming yadda yadda. It's funny because it's true.
Hey hey I'll be honest I used to think that but the warlock jump is PERFECT for the platforms at Oryx. If you immediately double tap with control on you float right to each platform. It's a breeze. :) give it a try!

Arrrammis

Thanks! Fortunately I was able to direct him in so that he could sign up(he was Hero_Shima), so it ended well by the sound of it!

GRIP

I've been having some good RNG the last few days. Aggressive Ballistics, Range Finder, Rifled Barrel (and Reinforced Barrel), Final Round.

And yesterday I finally got my Longbow with Hidden Hand and Shortgaze.

Dave_6

I've been having some good RNG the last few days. Aggressive Ballistics, Range Finder, Rifled Barrel (and Reinforced Barrel), Final Round.

And yesterday I finally got my Longbow with Hidden Hand and Shortgaze.

Saw this earlier, I'm jelly. Had two Party Crashers drop but neither with any kind of range perk :/

Top Bottom