• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Happy Birthday Dave and Xeno. You two share the same birthday. Of course mine was last week.

And that last match was the perfect example of how switching spawns could really screw you over.

XenoRaven

Happy Birthday Dave and Xeno. You two share the same birthday. Of course mine was last week.

And that last match was the perfect example of how switching spawns could really screw you over.
Thanks! We also share a birthday with Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

I think that was my first experience with a super tryhard Ramlock Universal Remote/Sniper dude.

I fail to see how that's less dumb than HC meta but w/e I'm just some loser

Jafku

I think that was my first experience with a super tryhard Ramlock Universal Remote/Sniper dude.

happy birthday to the both of you!

WipedOut

I was running Ramlock - UR/sidearm lol

But that dude was extra scummy

XenoRaven

This is really the best community on GAF for real.

And I'm not just saying that because I've been drinking.

OK I am saying it because I've been drinking but that's how I really feel.

I've been drinking.

Ayyyyyyyy

hF7Ab64.png

Forgot about the Strike part of the Exotic Swords. Another strike I am going to have to try get a group for at some point -.-

EDIT: They really needed to up the crucible post-game drop rate.

Ballistic

Great games last night, internet started to fail me at the end when my family and 2/3 of a fireteam walked in and started playing COD. I swear that game sucks all 200mb out of my bandwidth, especially when 3 out of the 4 ps4s are in the same COD lobby.

Dave_6

Thanks Kadey! I was waiting around in orbit to join the train last night but I got so sleepy I had to log off :/ Sorry, working most of the day will cause that I guess.

robo

ran court of orxy last night tier 3, got a 334 and a 333 artifact, got two more 333 this morning.

bumped my titan up a whole level and hunter 3/4 of one.

snagged 4 exoctic engrams as well, but all 333, need 334 and 335 to move higher :(

its a slog playing solo.

one more iron banner for the nipper to get me hopefully some 335 stuff next month.

UK PS4, will be one next week from around 6-late each night until friday.

Is there a reason to do challenge of elders? Does it have a good chance at dropping sterling treasure?

And when I do do it, should I bother getting points to complete the scorecard if I already did it once for the moment of triumph?

Is there a reason to do challenge of elders? Does it have a good chance at dropping sterling treasure?

And when I do do it, should I bother getting points to complete the scorecard if I already did it once for the moment of triumph?
The high score one gives a weapon up to 335, cumulative score gives an armor up to 335, and you can get a ghost, class item, or one of 3 PoE special weapon exotics up to 335 at the post game rewards screen. You can also complete Variks bounties to rank up HoJ in the challenge. You can't get sterling treasures however. So yes, there are plenty of reasons to do it.

Yes; no chance.

30k high score per character per week gives you a queen/reef weapon each. Up to 335. Many guns have good base stats and can have good perks.

90k cumulative per character per week gives you a piece of PoR armour for that character class, up to 335. Many pieces are ugly, but not all.

Number45

Your first PoE 41 each week gives a guaranteed sterling treasure (shared with one of the PvP activities I think).

EDIT: just realised you said CoE. Move along, nothing to see here.

Trakan

This might be asking a lot for RoI and something that may be more in line with Destiny 2, but they've reworked perks in the past for other expansions so maybe we'll get lucky. I really hope they ditch all the shit tier perks and add some new interesting ones. I'm so sick of seeing guerilla fighter, exhumed, and last resort on weapons.

Kalamari

This might be asking a lot for RoI and something that may be more in line with Destiny 2, but they've reworked perks in the past for other expansions so maybe we'll get lucky. I really hope they ditch all the shit tier perks and add some new interesting ones. I'm so sick of seeing guerilla fighter, exhumed, and last resort on weapons.

I think they should just bring back rerolling.

Dave_6

Fatal Vision finally dropped for me! Seems like I've now gotten everything Y1 (and that ship) from Vanguard except The Devil You Know. Maybe it's getting close for it to finally drop (with a shitty roll).

HAttyboy

Need little help with which Pulse rilfe i should use Herja-D (glass full, unflinching fitted stock or reinforced barrel) vs Nirwen's mercy ( counterbalance, speed reload or braced frame and feeding frenzy) ?

SpecX

I think they should just bring back rerolling.
Nah, I think rerolling added to the issues we saw with HoW especially shotguns and everyone having a god roll matador or party crasher. The hardcore/elite will grind now for these god rolls while thr average players will take what's dished to them.

Nah, I think rerolling added to the issues we saw with HoW especially shotguns and everyone having a god roll matador or party crasher. The hardcore/elite will grind now for these god rolls while thr average players will take what's dished to them.

Lol. Even if you grind for them 24/7 with the current drop rates odds are you are gonna get shit. No one actually does that.

That was the thing about it that was great though. Everyone had a god roll meaning no one had an advantage because of perks(or at least very few people) and gun fights were actually skill based and not "who had the best gun". It made grinding so much less of a pain. Nowadays, you're lucky if you can get more than one God roll in your life time, which is stupid.

We wouldn't need rerolling in the first place if drop rates were actually good.

WipedOut

That was the thing about it that was great though. Everyone had a god roll meaning no one had an advantage because of perks(or at least very few people) and gun fights were actually skill based and not "who had the best gun". It made grinding so much less of a pain. Nowadays, you're lucky if you can get more than one God roll in your life time, which is stupid.

We wouldn't need rerolling in the first place if drop rates were actually good.

I'm too OCD, keep the re-rolling out pls and thank you. Shit became too much of a chase. I went from having 2000+ motes, weapons parts ect. on xbox to nada.

Got a Shadow Price with [ CC ] [ Oiled, Small bore, Speed Reload ] [ Life Support ].

Like,
8rZczQO.png
, I don't know how to feel right now.

I'm too OCD, keep the re-rolling out pls and thank you. Shit became too much of a chase. I went from having 2000+ motes, weapons parts ect. on xbox to nada.

I disagree. There should be a high cost to do it, but we need it. Especially if they make certain weapons hard to get behind RNG. We should have the option to re-roll it, then.

HAttyboy

How much different is it to use a weapon with 327 or 330 , like I don't know which weapon I shall infuse.That is something I don't like with the new Year 2 weapon system...

ocean

Banned
Re rolling was great because it removed the loot chase from the game. Within a month of HoW we all had perfect God rolled loadouts and you could just play for fun.

Now some people don't have a competitive loadout and there's jack shit they can do about it. Since April I've probably ranked Crucible up 30 times - 0 Longbows and a so-so Lord High Fixer are all I have to show for it. I'd love a great Eyasluna but it's impossible for me to get one. I have a shotgun which shits on most people's but it sucks that it's just a luck thing.

It works for people who play for loot gratification, but it sucks for those who just want a good loadout to play for gameplay.

When you get everything you want and have nothing to chase, many feel the game is "done" - the game is designed for these people. It's a shame but I don't see Bungie changing their design to cater to people who don't need a unicorn to keep playing.

ocean

Banned
Got my first LDR.

With fucking Underdog and Hot Swap.

Go fuck yourself, Bungo.
Hot Swap is actually good. If you have Shortgaze and a range boost in middle perk that's actually a great sniper. The two aide perks can be ok or terrible but ultimately don't affect whether the gun is a keeper or not. Scope is the biggest filter.

Y2 LDR has some crazy AA, which is further buffed by Shortgaze - if you get a range boost (or maybe QuickDraw or Snapshot) in the middle row it's a great choice no matter what the other perks are.

Top Bottom