• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I just ordered a moments of triumph shirt. I didn't put my psn name on it though since the shirt is already expensive enough as is.

I want one, but by the time it's shipped, exchange rate etc, it's too much.

I really want that Bungie tricorn pin with the Dawn of Destiny emblem, but I was way too slow.

Hot Swap is actually good. If you have Shortgaze and a range boost in middle perk that's actually a great sniper. The two aide perks can be ok or terrible but ultimately don't affect whether the gun is a keeper or not. Scope is the biggest filter.

Y2 LDR has some crazy AA, which is further buffed by Shortgaze - if you get a range boost (or maybe QuickDraw or Snapshot) in the middle row it's a great choice no matter what the other perks are.

Thanks for trying to salvage it but...

cv47IVQ.png

Nah, this thing trash.

adin75

I just ordered a moments of triumph shirt. I didn't put my psn name on it though since the shirt is already expensive enough as is.

I got as far as the checkout, did the math on the exchange rate for AU$ and couldn't justify spending near $55 on a t-shirt.

Reinforced barrel still ups the AA as long you don't mind the stability hit, and SLR10 actually has more AA than Shortgaze, just a tad bit more zoom. That's actually not a half bad roll.

I suppose. Here's the Longbow / Shadow I got:

ntRopt5.png

hEUaYDW.png

The Shadow I'm not too mad about, I'm not picky about AR. The mulligan on the Longbow helps a lot since I miss a lot (in PVP at least) so I favor that one.

I dont know, shit like grenadier kills it for me, especially given how long it took to get these.

HLS is a no-no for that roll. Use Casket mag or Quickdraw.

I get confused on that part (cause I only snipe and play Destiny and read about Destiny while under the influence of alcohol), so I need clarification if y'all don't mind:

Is it RANGE you want for Snipers? Or Stability?

I get confused on that part (cause I only snipe and play Destiny and read about Destiny while under the influence of alcohol), so I need clarification if y'all don't mind:

Is it RANGE you want for Snipers? Or Stability?
Range, for sure. Range=AA. If you can aim half decent, stability really isn't that important.

Range, for sure. Range=AA. If you can aim half decent, stability really isn't that important.

So thats what I've been doing wrong (besides trying to snipe while sober).

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I also take it that HLS is the reason I'm only getting 3 bullets on ammo pickup in PVP which everytime has me like:

704g5nW.png

Reinforced barrel still ups the AA as long you don't mind the stability hit, and SLR10 actually has more AA than Shortgaze, just a tad bit more zoom. That's actually not a half bad roll.

My issue is coming from CoD to Destiny, on all my snipers in CoD I've used variable because I've convinced myself I snipe better with low zoom than high, so anything high zoom I shy away from.

It's a bad habit.

EDIT: oh wait, 10 is low, 20 is high. My bad.

I also take it that HLS is the reason I'm only getting 3 bullets on ammo pickup in PVP which everytime has me like:

704g5nW.png

That's actually because it's a Longbow. You need to have Increased Sniper (or Special) Ammo perks on both your chest and boots in order to get 4 bullets per green box.

Because the way this game calculates ammo is bananas. Like that whole heavy ammo glitch where you kept losing a GHorn rocket every time you wiped because the game rounded down whatever fractional ammo count it had weirdly calculated.

That's actually because it's a Longbow. You need to have Increased Sniper (or Special) Ammo perks on both your chest and boots in order to get 4 bullets per green box.

Because the way this game calculates ammo is bananas. Like that whole heavy ammo glitch where you kept losing a GHorn rocket every time you wiped because the game rounded down whatever fractional ammo count it had weirdly calculated.
Noted. Thanks for the info.

Toddler

With as much trouble as I've been having to finish these triumphs, I'd go ahead and get my whole fireteam's name on the shirt.

Frostburn

I've still got to do the King's Fall Challenge modes for my Year 2 MoT. Kinda stopped playing as soon as the first one came out and never attempted them. Played a few times recently and I'm at 320 Light on my Warlock, anyone interested in knocking them out? I can make a list of people that want to try them or join a group that is still running raids, I know HM King's Fall and beat it a few times when it was new.

Trakan

Re rolling was great because it removed the loot chase from the game. Within a month of HoW we all had perfect God rolled loadouts and you could just play for fun.

Chasing loot is a reason I play the game. They should experiment. Try HoW drop rates with no re-rolling.

Kalamari

Chasing loot is a lousy reason to play the game, using addictive game mechanics is lazy game development. Make the game mechanics fun, and players will play because it's fun, not because they can roll the loot dice.

I am beginning to think that Destiny is a failed endeavor on Bungie's part. They can do better than this. It's like Michael Jordan playing minor league baseball.

Trakan

Chasing loot is a lousy reason to play the game, using addictive game mechanics is lazy game development. Make the game mechanics fun, and players will play because it's fun, not because they can roll the loot dice.

I am beginning to think that Destiny is a failed endeavor on Bungie's part. They can do better than this. It's like Michael Jordan playing minor league baseball.

I'm sure many would disagree with you. There are games dedicated to chasing loot and people love them.

I'm sure many would disagree with you. There are games dedicated to chasing loot and people love them.
And I'm one of them. Diablo 3, for example, is all about the loot chase, and that game is, arguably, a perfect game. Although it obviously only works if you actually do it right, which Bungie currently aren't doing.

But Destiny is fun... even more so when you stop caring about loot or hitting max level.

Running strikes at full tilt, chaining supers and exploiting the modifiers is quick and dirty fun.

PvP is great when you stop caring about the meta.

Thanks for the invite, Kadey. Keep Destiny alive.

GGs gaf.

Edit: Top of the page.

Uh... A bear and a rabbit are shitting in the woods. The bear turns to the rabbit and asks if he has any problem with shit sticking to his fur. The rabbit says no.

So the bear takes the rabbit and wipes his ass with him.

Or something like that. Credit to Eddie Murphy - Delirious. Raw and Delirious are both good.

Toddler

But Destiny is fun... even more so when you stop caring about loot or hitting max level.

Running strikes at full tilt, chaining supers and exploiting the modifiers is quick and dirty fun.

PvP is great when you stop caring about the meta.

Sure, that's how most normal fans feel.

You'll learn we aren't normal here...

Dave_6

Finally get a The Devil You Know and it's shit just like I said it would be :/

Partial Refund, no range perk and reactive reload. Ugh.

Thanks for the invite, Kadey. Keep Destiny alive.

GGs gaf.

Edit: Top of the page.

Uh... A bear and a rabbit are shitting in the woods. The bear turns to the rabbit and asks if he has any problem with shit sticking to his fur. The rabbit says no.

So the bear takes the rabbit and wipes his ass with him.

Or something like that. Credit to Eddie Murphy - Raw, a very good comedy special.

Your Eddie Murphy joke was actually from Delirious, not Raw.

netguy503

I'm reaching out to Destiny GAF for help. I was a part of that epic flawless raid awhile back and now only thing stopping me from a plat is upgrading two subclasses. What is the quick and easiest way to do this? If it's just doing bounties as I read I'm going to pull my hair out as there aren't many a day and I was hoping to have the plat this week. Can anyone help!? PLEASE! Thanks.

NeOak

I'm reaching out to Destiny GAF for help. I was a part of that epic flawless raid awhile back and now only thing stopping me from a plat is upgrading two subclasses. What is the quick and easiest way to do this? If it's just doing bounties as I read I'm going to pull my hair out as there aren't many a day and I was hoping to have the plat this week. Can anyone help!? PLEASE! Thanks.

There is no easy way to do it anymore.

Bounties, Patrols and Crucible.

Sorry buddy, you won't be getting it this week unless you go No life to get it.

netguy503

There is no easy way to do it anymore.

Bounties, Patrols and Crucible.

Sorry buddy, you won't be getting it this week unless you go No life to get it.

what was the easy way before? Loot cave? I knew I should of grinded that out of the way when I had the chance.

Shiv47

Bungie sells subclass boosts for the low low price of $29.99 per character if you're truly desperate, but I would suggest you not encourage such avarice on their part. Otherwise, you're outta luck.

Top Bottom