• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kalamari

But Destiny is fun... even more so when you stop caring about loot or hitting max level.

Running strikes at full tilt, chaining supers and exploiting the modifiers is quick and dirty fun.

PvP is great when you stop caring about the meta.

I think Destiny can be fun in certain modes, but in others it's just repetitious and it feels like going through the motions just for a chance at loot. I agree that PvP is more fun when you have acquired good gear, but given the drop rates and selection of horrible perks, it takes some serious poopsocking to get to that point.

Dave_6

Good runs. Next IB will probably be rift.

nbnbnbn.gif

Nice shot!

Sorry to ditch after two games, but gotta be up at 5:45 and I didn't realize what time it was.

Croc

Banned
okay, I have a quick question that I couldn't figure out from Google. I bought the physical disk way back when this launched. If I buy the digital TTK upgrade on the PSN store will it be compatible with my physical disk?

I don't really know how all these expansions and stuff work so I just wanna make sure

Shiv47

okay, I have a quick question that I couldn't figure out from Google. I bought the physical disk way back when this launched. If I buy the digital TTK upgrade on the PSN store will it be compatible with my physical disk?

I don't really know how all these expansions and stuff work so I just wanna make sure
You'll be fine. I don't think TTK even came out in a physical disc format.

FyreWulff

Yes. TTK is just a digital code in the physical copies too, they're all Vanilla Destiny discs.

I think Destiny can be fun in certain modes, but in others it's just repetitious and it feels like going through the motions just for a chance at loot. I agree that PvP is more fun when you have acquired good gear, but given the drop rates and selection of horrible perks, it takes some serious poopsocking to get to that point.
I do understand your pain. I just had to let it go. Bungie does not want this game to be a loot game. Playing it that way will lead to disappointment.

NeOak

np

annnd now the 360 speedrun begins

I managed to finally get the Halo 3 Xbox 360 i got from Gamestop last year to something manageable audio wise... for a Zephyr mobo.

They had tied the fan to the 12V line for the DVD drive -.-

No wonder it was a jet engine.

Put a Talismoon whisper green fan and a Noctua 40mm on the satelite GPU heatsink.

I should have bought the Reach slim instead D:

FyreWulff

I managed to finally get the Halo 3 Xbox 360 i got from Gamestop last year to something manageable audio wise... for a Zephyr mobo.

They had tied the fan to the 12V line for the DVD drive -.-

No wonder it was a jet engine.

Put a Talismoon whisper green fan and a Noctua 40mm on the satelite GPU heatsink.

I should have bought the Reach slim instead D:

lol holy shit, I'm surprised the fan didn't just take off like a saw.

robo

Well I won't get yr2 mot as no way can I do the mountain top as I don't do crucible, sucks but not to fussed.

If any one needs the dark blade sword strike, I need to do this on my hunter, need the void knight one.

Also need the flawless raider for the platinum if any one can get me though this week.

Need the three calcified fragments on my warlock from the hard raid to get my 50.

UK ps4 on from 6 till late

NeOak

lol holy shit, I'm surprised the fan didn't just take off like a saw.

ikr? I was like "My old Elite that I traded in to GS years ago didn't sound like this".

Oh, and put Artic Silver 5 too. Pretty much it is a backlog box for whatever doesn't run on the XBO BC... with a 500GB hard drive lol

FyreWulff

ikr? I was like "My old Elite that I traded in to GS years ago didn't sound like this".

Oh, and put Artic Silver 5 too. Pretty much it is a backlog box for whatever doesn't run on the XBO BC... with a 500GB hard drive lol

My Halo 3 360 in that pic has issues with the drive becoming uncalibrated. That's one upside of slot load drives. No fucking trays to deal with. Have to do the drive recalibrate trick once a month.

NeOak

My Halo 3 360 in that pic has issues with the drive becoming uncalibrated. That's one upside of slot load drives. No fucking trays to deal with. Have to do the drive recalibrate trick once a month.

Damn, that sucks.

I thought about just getting a Jasper down the line and using that mobo in the Halo 3 case when the Zephyr eventually gives up.

Which is gonna suck because I'll have to redownload everything :/

Edit: forgot that I messed up the USB door when i accidentally dropped the faceplate, I need to use superglue on the metal that holds the spring inside.

Edit2: or just camp Gamestop to get the Reach S model when they lower the price.

shermas

Well I won't get yr2 mot as no way can I do the mountain top as I don't do crucible, sucks but not to fussed.

If any one needs the dark blade sword strike, I need to do this on my hunter, need the void knight one.

Also need the flawless raider for the platinum if any one can get me though this week.

Need the three calcified fragments on my warlock from the hard raid to get my 50.

I'm telling you, you can do it. It's a long quest, yes, but play for 30 minutes a day and chip away at it. I rarely play Crucible myself and I was able to get it done. Or, if you have more time, just commit to a PvP marathon every once in a while.

Unless you really don't care. Then just move on and do the PvE stuff you enjoy.

I will need to do both the Solar and Arc sword on the weekend sometime(I am Australia so it's currently Monday here). So if you still need to do it then we can help each other. Should be able to get a sword each in one strike if we coordinate via party chat.

FyreWulff

Damn, that sucks.

I thought about just getting a Jasper down the line and using that mobo in the Halo 3 case when the Zephyr eventually gives up.

Which is gonna suck because I'll have to redownload everything :/

Edit: forgot that I messed up the USB door when i accidentally dropped the faceplate, I need to use superglue on the metal that holds the spring inside.

Edit2: or just camp Gamestop to get the Reach S model when they lower the price.

I lucked out and my H3 360 is a Falcon. It's pretty quiet.

robo

I will need to do both the Solar and Arc sword on the weekend sometime(I am Australia so it's currently Monday here). So if you still need to do it then we can help each other. Should be able to get a sword each in one strike if we coordinate via party chat.

Got the arc sword on my warlock, my solar sword is stuck at 2-25 sword kills in crucible lol.

I am away from Saturday morning on holiday, but taking ps4 and normally tether to phone for playtime, pve not to bad normally.

I did try and get the nipper to do my mountain top quest but he is now back on his wiiu 😭

robo

I'm telling you, you can do it. It's a long quest, yes, but play for 30 minutes a day and chip away at it. I rarely play Crucible myself and I was able to get it done. Or, if you have more time, just commit to a PvP marathon every once in a while.

Unless you really don't care. Then just move on and do the PvE stuff you enjoy.

How do you start it, as I have done some crucible bounties, but normally don't pick them up.

Do you need to do a particular quest to get it kicked off?

BokehKing

Banned
And I'm one of them. Diablo 3, for example, is all about the loot chase, and that game is, arguably, a perfect game. Although it obviously only works if you actually do it right, which Bungie currently aren't doing.
Sometimes I wish we had more disposable weapons in exchange for them dropping more. But bungie seemed to really instill the whole "this is my gun" shit. I can't remember the name of the last 5 exotics I got in Diablo 3, I just know they were better than the last 5 before that

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They still haven't fixed the Nightfall cloak drops, have they? Reddit figured out the problem on Wednesday (they picked the strike from Year 1 which didnt drop the cloaks) and yet Bungie hasnt fixed it a week later. Does Bungie even interact with the community anymore?

Normally i wouldnt care, but that cloak is the one item i need to hit 335, and despite playing over 70 heroic strikes, 3 nightfalls and 15 Challenge of Elders runs across three different characters, I did not get a single cloak/mark/bond to drop.

Running Heroic strikes this week was a lot of fun with Primary Damage and Solar Burn modifiers. I destroyed most bosses with my Golden Gun one shot perk and Sleeper Stimulant. Hilarious finishing most strikes in a 5-7 minutes. So the game is still fun, but the loot drops are still bullshit. I went nearly 60 strikes without any strike specific loot dropping then had THREE tread upon stars drop within the next 10 strikes. I already had two from before.

Nifghtfall dropping 330 items is ridiculous as well. I get that Bungie wants me to play the Raid, but they have made it next to impossible thanks to these fireteam settings and after the horrible experience I had last year doing Oryx for two hours with LFG parties, i never want to LFG Raids again.

They still haven't fixed the Nightfall cloak drops, have they? Reddit figured out the problem on Wednesday (they picked the strike from Year 1 which didnt drop the cloaks) and yet Bungie hasnt fixed it a week later. Does Bungie even interact with the community anymore?

Normally i wouldnt care, but that cloak is the one item i need to hit 335, and despite playing over 70 heroic strikes, 3 nightfalls and 15 Challenge of Elders runs across three different characters, I did not get a single cloak/mark/bond to drop.
CoE is the absolute quickest and easiest way (besides that one Omnigul NF) to get 335 class items.

I'm not sure what the modifiers and bosses are this week to know if it can be speed ran but tomorrow it should reset back to week #1 which was very easy to farm.

Trakan

We should be able to infuse Year One armor.

Yeah, and they should put it all back in the game as well as a lot of people have dismantled old unusable gear that they can't get back again.

I don't get why they don't do it, as it encourages more customization and makes everybody look unique.

Yeah, and they should put it all back in the game as well as a lot of people have dismantled old unusable gear that they can't get back again.

I don't get why they don't do it, as it encourages more customization and makes everybody look unique.
Exactly. We can still go back and get the old raid gear, which looks awesome, but the year one IB set is no longer available. And either way it'd be pointless wearing any year one sets outside of crucible. Variety is a good thing. I understand not letting us infuse year one weapons, but armor should be there. Maybe in ROI.

SlimySnake

CoE is the absolute quickest and easiest way (besides that one Omnigul NF) to get 335 class items.

I'm not sure what the modifiers and bosses are this week to know if it can be speed ran but tomorrow it should reset back to week #1 which was very easy to farm.

Well I did run it 16 times and didnt get as single class item from either the post game rewards or the 90k upgrades. Variks loves giving me boots, gave me one for each of my three characters. lol. I just laughed and turned off the PS4.

The problem with CoE is that it doesnt have matchmaking and unlike Strikes which mostly has 334 ranked players, i get stuck carrying people in their 310s whenever i go through LFG. Most of the times I run it with just one other person and it takes 20+ minutes and is actually kinda stressful. The one time i did find two other 334s to do CoE with, we scored 52k points in one round and finished off the card in just two runs.

SlimySnake

Exactly. We can still go back and get the old raid gear, which looks awesome, but the year one IB set is no longer available. And either way it'd be pointless wearing any year one sets outside of crucible. Variety is a good thing. I understand not letting us infuse year one weapons, but armor should be there. Maybe in ROI.

Not just that. They should simply bring up the light level of the VoG and Crota's End raids. I am not even asking them to remix it with Taken enemies. Just bring up all the levels of all enemies to 41 and 42 for normal and hard mode raids. It shouldnt be that hard. There is so much content in this game now but Bungie doesnt want us to play it. I never got the Vex Mythlocast or Fatebringer from VoG, and the April update would've been the perfect time to bring those raids up to the current difficulty level.

Shiv47

Received first ever hate mail last night while playing in the Gaf train. Set up: we played Control on Exodus Blue. at least half their team was sitting back and sniping, and it seemed like every time I looked, someone was hard scoping, so I said fuck it and sat back and did it myself. We never took C, they never took A, and we ended up winning. After the match, I get this:

The hilarious bit is that being a terrible sniper, I was mainly doing it to get practice, and did fairly badly. But I must have killed him!

How should I determine which attribute to max on each subclass?

i.e. defender titans should obviously have maximum armor because it's a defense-based class. What about the other subclasses? Or should I try to make all stats equal in every subclass?

Comms

Neo Member

i.e. defender titans should obviously have maximum armor because it's a defense-based class. What about the other subclasses? Or should I try to make all stats equal in every subclass?

I don't know about others here, but it's pretty much up to what works for you.

Back in the day with things like Thorn and sunsinger warlocks, max armor meant you could get away from stuff that would melt you otherwise, particularly for titans.

For PvP, a striker agility build with garrison is fun, but I tend to go with max armour just because it's a known quantity.

Edit: And of course, an agility build on a nightstakler with radiant dance machine and Mida mean you can be super slippery. I like to call that build 'The Zoidberg!'

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Trakan

All the stat changes are pretty minimal. Maximize armor first, then recovery, then agility.

It equates to about 10 more hp, 1-2 second faster shield recovery, and getting from point A to B about 1-2 seconds faster.

hmmm okay thanks.

Next question - can I farm for the strike exclusive loot through the director instead of strike playlists? Although, there's no way to open the taken Archon Priest for the Stolen Will (taken shotgun), right? And for Maul's Maulers - do I have to kill Maul last?

hmmm okay thanks.

Next question - can I farm for the strike exclusive loot through the director instead of strike playlists? Although, there's no way to open the taken Archon Priest for the Stolen Will (taken shotgun), right? And for Maul's Maulers - do I have to kill Maul last?
You can do it through the director, but the chances of getting the drops are so minimal, it's not worth it. You're better off hoping for it to show up in the Heroic strikes, or for it to be the NF.

Dave_6

hmmm okay thanks.

I was doing some Heroics last night and finally got the Taken Archon Priest for the first time ever (it was probably the 6th strike). But yeah you just have to wait for it to come around in the playlist. At least the Stolen Will dropped at the end and with decent perks nonetheless.

As for the Maulers that may explain why they never drop for me since he always goes down first when I play that strike with randoms.

You can do it through the director, but the chances of getting the drops are so minimal, it's not worth it. You're better off hoping for it to show up in the Heroic strikes, or for it to be the NF.

Wow I had no idea. I could've got the Stolen Will weeks ago then :/

darthbob

I was doing some Heroics last night and finally got the Taken Archon Priest for the first time ever (it was probably the 6th strike). But yeah you just have to wait for it to come around in the playlist. At least the Stolen Will dropped at the end and with decent perks nonetheless.

As for the Maulers that may explain why they never drop for me since he always goes down first when I play that strike with randoms.

Wow I had no idea. I could've got the Stolen Will weeks ago then :/

Don't feel like you're missing out on too much. Aesthetics aside it's not a very good shotgun IMO. At least, the two that I've had drop had godawful perks.

Trakan

Don't feel like you're missing out on too much. Aesthetics aside it's not a very good shotgun IMO. At least, the two that I've had drop had godawful perks.

It's a reskin of the old Dry Rot. In HoW, that shotgun was amazing with full auto, high stability, and the PVE shotgun buff.

Now, don't even bother.

SlimySnake

I got the stolen will last night. The perks and starts on it were so bad i didn't even think it was a strike specific legendary.

The drop rate of strike specific items is one per 20 strikes in my experience. Of course tread upon stars drops more than anything else so make that once per 50 heroic strikes.

MechDX

Auto-fire on it is laughable. Stand still, hold the trigger and after 6 shots your character is looking straight up.

Dave_6

Mine has Accurized ballistics, army of one, rifled barrel and performance bonus. Worked pretty well in PvP last night.

darthbob

Mine has Accurized ballistics, army of one, rifled barrel and performance bonus. Worked pretty well in PvP last night.

That's about as solid a roll on that gun as you can get, but I'd still use it in PvE over PvP due to the prevalence of Party Crashers and similar.

Dave_6

That's about as solid a roll on that gun as you can get, but I'd still use it in PvE over PvP due to the prevalence of Party Crashers and similar.

Agreed, I just like trying out new and different stuff in PvP. I've had two Party Crashers drop with no range perk so they're pretty much useless. I've also got a The Next Big Thing with final round, rangefinder and rifled barrel that's pretty awesome.

Is party crasher supposed to be good? I just got one with battle runner and danger close.

I also got a shadow price the other day with grave robber and counterbalance.

Should I keep either one of these guns?

Top Bottom