• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

New ROI Information from Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...over-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

Bungie also pulls the curtain back on the reinvention of the artifact item slot, which now serves to provide a game-changing ability to be combined with your subclass and gear selections.

and only a few days after launch, the blistering cooperative challenge of Destiny’s latest raid: Wrath of the Machine.

Guess we can expect a raid ASAP. I was really hoping it would be a week after launch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...over-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

2016-09-cover-spread-800.jpg

edit: *shakes fist*

Hedera

Yeah, I'd rather have a few more days to prep for the new raid. KF released the friday of TTK launch and I went in there at barely 280 (probably nowhere near actually), with a boolean gemini, a fusion rifle and a blue heavy.

Although, since we'll be able to infuse our current stuff, at least we know we'll have good rolled weapons.

darthbob

You're right. Now I'm thinking it's matching weapons for the cover armor. IB themed with chainmail on it.

Gun skins? It's possible I suppose, what with the Gjallarhorn variants now. However they could go the King's Fall route and have separate weapons with identical stats just with a different name and look.

Maybe Artifacts are influencing the look who knows

NeOak

luck ran out. my 360 controller is randomly ironsighting in D360.

Also, we ran PoE 28 for the free exotic. I kept telling my bro "just don't give me a fucking universal remote".

It gave him the Universal Remote instead.

I got
Icebreaker

Xbox 360 controller with Built in auto-ADS!

start610.jpg

I haven't seen this image posted yet, but it gives us a better look at some of the armor. Some of it looks repurposed, but most of it looks new. I'm digging the Iron Banner/Lords Hunter gear.

EDIT: What's that gun the Warlock in blue is holding. It kinda looks like Trials gear...

Bungie also pulls the curtain back on the reinvention of the artifact item slot, which now serves to provide a game-changing ability to be combined with your subclass and gear selections.

HEY LOOK

IT'S LIKE I CRITICIZED WAY BACK WHEN

THAT ARTIFACTS SHOULD PROVIDE CLASS CHANGING ABILITIES

See

They do read GAF

and they read my criticism

You're welcome GAF

I haven't seen this image posted yet, but it gives us a better look at some of the armor. Some of it looks repurposed, but most of it looks new. I'm digging the Iron Banner/Lords Hunter gear.

EDIT: What's that gun the Warlock in blue is holding. It kinda looks like Trials gear...
Looks like a Trials scout or Shotgun.

Alright that less than a minute video actually got my Iron to rise I mean my hype to rise. I just HOPE they're adding new 3v3 based maps (for skirmish, salvage, trials/elim etc.) alongside this seemingly 6v6 new pvp mode.

I still need to hear all the information from gamescom about pvp before I preorder.

darthbob

Alright that less than a minute video actually got my Iron to rise I mean my hype to rise. I just HOPE they're adding new 3v3 based maps (for skirmish, salvage, trials/elim etc.) alongside this seemingly 6v6 new pvp mode.

I still need to hear all the information from gamescom about pvp before I preorder.

Hoping we hear more about SRL at Gamescom. Would be perfect if they announced Season 2 of SRL at GC and then just flipped the switch during the event for everyone to play.

Draft

I just started playing Destiny this week, and it is the truth. Very fun. What is the quickest way for my friend and I to get ready to raid?

Co3w_B6W8AAse3A.jpg

Another photo of the Hunter armor and new Hand cannon.

Also, here's a bit about the new artifacts.
A new character named Tyra Karn is the centerpiece for Guardians looking to acquire the new Iron Lord artifacts. She sends players out into the Plaguelands to commit mighty deeds in memory of the Iron Lords – a task that should be pretty straightforward for anyone who engages with the new content. Upon completing that task, you gain an item called the Iron Lords’ Legacy, which in turn can be used to acquire one of three artifacts Tyra has on offer in any given week. Over the course of eight weeks or more of play, you should be able to acquire all eight new artifacts.

Each of these artifacts has a game-changing ability attached to it. One offers the option to melee enemy units and gain their allegiance for a short time. A second artifact eliminates your super, but gives you two grenades, two melees, and an increase in all your stats. Each of the artifacts can be combined with exotic weapons and armor, as well as subclasses, to create new and interesting build options. Moreover, every one of the new artifacts is meant to evoke the character of the Iron Lord for which it is named. For instance, Jolder tended to charge headlong into danger, so her artifact eliminates the sprint recharge delay.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Light level cap is 385 and then 400.
Character level is staying at 40, but light values are now jumping from the current cap of 335 up to 385. That cap will be further increased to 400 when the hard mode version of the raid launches some weeks after Rise of Iron’s launch.

Rise of Iron record book
A new Rise of Iron Record Book now tracks your progress through the entirety of the expansion, echoing similar systems that were used for last year’s SRL event, or the more recent Moments of Triumph for Year 2. This record book has discrete tasks to be completed throughout the Rise of Iron content, and completing any task adds to your overall percentage completion of the record book. Reach designated percentage completion points, and you gain new armor, emblems, and more.

New Gear & Ornaments
In addition, Bungie shared that it is releasing a large number of new weapons and complete armor sets. New sets are on offer for the Iron Banner PvP event, the Iron Lords (obtained through the Record Book), Trials of Osiris, the Wrath of the Machine raid, and the new Archon’s Forge arena event, in addition to new options for all the factions. Bungie also introduced us to ornaments, a new aesthetic customization feature that allows players to enhance the geometry and appearance of individual armor pieces, as well as change the appearance of exotic weapons.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I've been out of the loop for a bit on Destiny, but caught the livestreams. I'm interested in what details are in the Game Informer story. Also, they need to release a clean version of that cover art ASAP.

neoism

could anyone help me with a 34 poe real quick i need a etheric light??

psn ne0ism-

gooddamn it i just fucked my silmars wrath.... i rolled the wrong one....

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu����������������

JTripper

Wonder if Rise of Iron will add new trophies/achievements considering Dark Below and House of Wolves didn't yet Taken King did.

Artifacts seem legit now with those changes.

Yup!

Game changing abilities. It's what I've wanted it to be when they were first announced, and it's what I want them to turn into the future. Force to brain muscles to think of weird and new perks exclusive to artifacts.

Good good. The Breezy Era of Destiny will begin

darthbob

Just quickly skimmed through the Digital Game Informer article.

Worth the read, looking forward to sitting down with this at lunch.

Wow a lot of info dropping. I thought sprint lock was a golden goose that couldn't be touched? Due to shotgun sliding?

Imagine being able to get enemies fighting for you...but then playing with randoms who kill them anyway.

I can imagine some very broken builds or encounters will be very quickly discovered.

Super excited for a round number LL...not had one for awhile!

Top Bottom