• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

void666

Banned
My hands are shaking. Solo'd Crota's end. Flawless Raider. Finally!

Worth mentioning my second try. Switched to telesto, shot crota 3 times. Tried to grab the sword. Where is the damn sword? Well, it somehow fell on the ground next to the rock where i was. Maybe i switched weapons too early?

Now, wait till salvage is available again.

Worth mentioning my second try. Switched to telesto, shot crota 3 times. Tried to grab the sword. Where is the damn sword? Well, it somehow fell on the ground next to the rock where i was. Maybe i switched weapons too early?

Wait till Salvage is available? It's always available.

SpecX

So they count even if you submitted them already? Weird.

Yup, I had the same response and learned that the IB weeklies and Shaxx bounties add towards the Shaxx 5 bounty reward. Thought the game was glitched or I discovered a secret, but Gaf straightened me out.

Really? A friend said it wasn't. I assumed it was on rotation or something.
Well, guardian Lord, here i go.
Yep, the only modes that aren't around 100% of the time are the Mayhem modes, Inferno modes, Elimination, Trials, Freelance, and Doubles. Also, IB, of course.

darthbob

They said it couldn't be done. But we did it. :D

EoFWg4z.jpg

Thank you Ballistic, Toddler, Eidelon, Amen, and of course, Lifgo. <3

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

What character class and build?
Pretty impressive that you were able to flawless a solo run. I always die a ton getting across the bridge

BokehKing

Banned
Stray observation

I miss doing strikes like the Septus Prime one or that one on the moon (forgot the name) big ogre fight.

Not a fan of selecting heroic strike and always getting shield brothers, archon priest, fallen saber. For the love of Christ mix it up Bungie.

Shit I miss first contact, or first light, whatever that moon map was from the beta

Stray observation

I miss doing strikes like the Septus Prime one or that one on the moon (forgot the name) big ogre fight.

Not a fan of selecting heroic strike and always getting shield brothers, archon priest, fallen saber. For the love of Christ mix it up Bungie.

Shit I miss first contact, or first light, whatever that moon map was from the beta

Odds are that septus prime strike will be revamped in RoI and be added to the list.

FyreWulff

nice!

I wish I had been that lucky D:

luck ran out. my 360 controller is randomly ironsighting in D360.

Also, we ran PoE 28 for the free exotic. I kept telling my bro "just don't give me a fucking universal remote".

It gave him the Universal Remote instead.

I got
Icebreaker

Regular crucible is damage leveled for everyone.

Fastest way up though is bounties

You'll be 40 in no time. Just pick up all the bounties you can and shoot stuff.

Yeah will pursue the bounties and hopefully catch up lol

You dont even know the meaning of annoying.

Just pick up bounties and play through story mode. Maybe one day max to hit level 40. The real grind comes after you hit level 40 and chase that elusive 335.

Wow lol, the light ratings are going to be a pain later on lol

Dave_6

Is there a bug with the strike specific armor pieces not dropping? I've ran the Shield Brothers strike probably ~20 times in two days and I still have not gotten the Maulers once. Same with the Darkblade helm as well as the Warlock helmet and gauntlets.

Sky Walker

Is there a bug with the strike specific armor pieces not dropping? I've ran the Shield Brothers strike probably ~20 times in two days and I still have not gotten the Maulers once. Same with the Darkblade helm as well as the Warlock helmet and gauntlets.

Yesterday I got Stolen Will from Vanguard Heroic if that counts. Still wondering if the Nightfall SSL is still bugged. Want to farm more Stolen Will.

SpecX

Bad loot syatem with low drop rates is the problem. I've yet to get the maulers as well, but have seen people have them drop. The chances increase if you get the streak bonus, but not by much from what I've observed. Best chances are when those strikes are the NF which increases the drop rate for the strike across thr board for those items.

Dave_6

Yesterday I got Stolen Will from Vanguard Heroic if that counts. Still wondering if the Nightfall SSL is still bugged. Want to farm more Stolen Will.

I finally got the Taken Archon Priest for the first time ever Sunday night and the Stolen Will dropped. I'm evidently just having shit RNG for the armor pieces.

void666

Banned
What character class and build?
Pretty impressive that you were able to flawless a solo run. I always die a ton getting across the bridge

It was easier than i thought.

Class: Hunter
Sleeper simulant is my exotic of choice all the way until crota. Then i switch to telesto.
Tried to use gjallarhorn for old times sake but SS hits harder.

Lamp section - Blade dancer + don't touch me. Invisible all the way. But you already know this.

Bridge - Gunslinger + bones of Eao + triple jump. Jump from the high rock at the right side of the platform. You know the drill. Head to the middle of the bridge and then straight to the platform at the other side.
There i like to stay at high ground where i can see the whole area and snipe the ogres as soon as they spawn.
I'm not sure what triggers the anihillation totems. But last two times i killed the ogres very fast. Maybe it's timed?

Hallway and wizards - Nothing special. Just play it safe. I switched back to blade dancer.
One SS shot will destroy a shrieker.

Crota - I know people can kill him in one sword. But i didn't want to take risks and aimed to do it with 2. But i failed and had to do it with 3. And ogres almost killed me.
Anyway, 3 full telesto shots at mid range will down crota. If you time it correctly he will be kneeling while you're mid air. Don't be greedy. Whack him 3 times, then punch him to become invisible and run away.

There's room for error so keep calm.

It's not that hard and it's fun. If you can't find a team try it yourself. Hell, it's probably easier to do it solo.
I've always wanted this damn trophy!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
335 is less grindy than original 30 was

#forever29
oh definitely. I was 29 for three months until Crota hit in December which I ended up skipping because I was so upset at the raid gear drops. I remember getting the raid boots and guantlets on my very first raid back in September that year, and then next week they changed the loot system and all I got from that point forward was shards and weapons. I did the raid with three different characters pretty much every other week and never got anything. No one would take me to Hard mode either which was even more frustrating.

Getting to 334 was actually kinda fun and definitely not grindy. Got there in two weeks thanks to IB. am only missing 335 class items which should eventually drop from CoE. They didnt drop in 19 runs last week. The nightfall bug really fucked me over.

Jinjo

Fuck the digital age, and fuck redownloading all these games/patches on my new PS4.

Not even physical can escape, can't even play my disc games because my saves only work with the patch game. Patchsize you ask? 19 gigs :-|

Let's not start about the abomination that is the Destiny patch. Still waiting on the game to finish downloading for that.

Wow, postponed getting the Salvage trophy; thinking it would be a pain and I would need like 15 captures; and there'd be only one or two people willing to help if I'm lucky.

Anyway, first match, scored the first capture and the trophy unlocks.

Boom Guardian Lord. Didn't save the screenshot, was fighting a 3v1--killed two--but did save the clip thinking it would pop up in the saved footage and I could save it from there. It didn't.

Regardless:

Edit: Keep it short.

Like to thank: Gutz31 and the_id.

Also like to thank Kadey1up, Kurt-Niisan, and JMV.

Top Bottom