• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Wow a lot of info dropping. I thought sprint lock was a golden goose that couldn't be touched? Due to shotgun sliding?

Imagine being able to get enemies fighting for you...but then playing with randoms who kill them anyway.

I can imagine some very broken builds or encounters will be very quickly discovered.

Super excited for a round number LL...not had one for awhile!

It's what the game needs. Variety. Like, 6 people rocking the Allegiance Artifact, some raid fights would become VERY interesting when you have 6 enemies converted to fight for you.

Like..this is what the game needs. More variety, not less. More "Fun" in the abilities, not less.

TGHORN IS BACK

OH BABY

Gonna have to write a shorty story to celebrate the Thorn being back. I KNEW IT WAS COMING BACK, YOU CAN'T LOCK AWAY TRUE POWER

YOU CAN'T

HAHAHAHAHA

THIS IS THE BREEZY EXPANSION

It's what the game needs. Variety. Like, 6 people rocking the Allegiance Artifact, some raid fights would become VERY interesting when you have 6 enemies converted to fight for you.

Like..this is what the game needs. More variety, not less. More "Fun" in the abilities, not less.

TGHORN IS BACK

OH BABY

Gonna have to write a shorty story to celebrate the Thorn being back. I KNEW IT WAS COMING BACK, YOU CAN'T LOCK AWAY TRUE POWER

YOU CAN'T

HAHAHAHAHA

THIS IS THE BREEZY EXPANSION
lol

Dave_6

Thorn is back!? Hell yes. Can't wait to use it again after all the trouble I went through trying to get it.

Plus, yes the DoT helps with my not-the-best-at-headshots aim lol.

What character class and build?
Pretty impressive that you were able to flawless a solo run. I always die a ton getting across the bridge
I used sunsinger warlock, solar nades, max agility, sunbreakers, tlaloc, any high impact sniper riffle and a solar heavy MG.
The bridge part is the more anoying, specialy if you are not to confindent with the jump. Remenber to aim to the sigil on the left pilar on the otherside and only start swinging when you start losing height.
I also agriviate the witches when still bellow the cristal, and then finish them off with the heavy solar MG
Solar nades will get crota shield down when you have the sword.
Can be done with 2 swords

So the three IB looking pieces of armor we've seen are obtainable from completing the RoI record book.

Badass Warlock, here I come.

And it's account wide, so you only have to do it once to get all three.

So the three IB looking pieces of armor we've seen are obtainable from completing the RoI record book.

Badass Warlock, here I come.

And it's account wide, so you only have to do it once to get all three.

Did they say whether you'd have to purchase the book separately

that'd be lame

Thorn is obtainable through a quest and Khostov is back with different firing options, which is its exotic quality. So full auto, burst, and semi auto. You can also change its rate of fire.

Khostov is also a quest

Trakan

From reddit:

Artifacts:
Reflect energy-based projectiles
Highlight super-holding and low-health enemies
No sprint cooldown
Reduce damage-over-time effects
No super, but extra grenade and melee - orbs charge abilities
Third eye
Speed up super recharge for nearby allies
Turn "lowpower minions of darkness" into allies for 30 seconds

Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.

Supremacy is straightforward – kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.

Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .

Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments.

neoism

seriously could anyone help me please im on the last boss of a 34 poe i need an etheric light 5 minutes or sooo anyone....

psn is ne0ism-

😑

P44

From reddit:

Artifacts:
No sprint cooldown
Third eye

Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.

Supremacy is straightforward – kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare to balance.

Awesome.

From reddit:

Artifacts:
No sprint cooldown
Third eye

Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .

Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments.

Ornaments? Eh? You mean like keychains for your guns?

WeTeHa

Sounds like an absolute nightmare to balance.

Awesome.

what do you mean? just nerf everything into the ground. Something sticks out or is fun to use? nerf it. something else is too strong after the nerf? nerf it! but what if something... NERF IT!

easy peasy.

I may or may not be a little salty about constant nerfs.

Anybody want to run nightfall x3?

Mindlog

Yup!

Game changing abilities. It's what I've wanted it to be when they were first announced, and it's what I want them to turn into the future. Force to brain muscles to think of weird and new perks exclusive to artifacts.

Good good. The Breezy Era of Destiny will begin
You know is temporary Breezy.
There are ~8 new artifacts.
Dump half of them in the dumpster fire right now. They will be useless.
Half of the remainder will be very good. However, since so many people only use the useful artifacts they will be nerfed into the dumpster fire.
They're all useless again.

Thanks for getting our hopes up for nothing!

You know is temporary Breezy.
There are ~8 new artifacts.
Dump half of them in the dumpster fire right now. They will be useless.
Half of the remainder will be very good. However, since so many people only use the useful artifacts they will be nerfed into the dumpster fire.
They're all useless again.

Thanks for getting our hopes up for nothing!

That's why they call me BreezyLimbo. Cause with the breeze, comes the existential crisis that you are stuck in nothing.

Honestly, I'm hoping this is a new paradigm of design for Bungie. To think outside the box with abilities that seemingly 'break' the game, but in reality add variety. There's obviously some PvP-centric artifacts, and PvE-centric ones, and the PvP ones are probably the ones that will cause issues...

I dunno. If their mindset has changed, I doubt we'll see major nerfs to them.

Trakan

When Speaking on Exotics, "These Include the long- awaited arrival of Warlock exotic boots (finally!), a new sidearm reminiscent of the classic RoboCop gun, and a SIVA-themed pulse rifle that blossoms out a cloud of seeking energy for a successful precision kill."

"To further support customization, every class item that has ever shown up in Destiny is returning to circulation ... "

It seems like they're getting rid of the tempered buff for Iron Banner. They're also removing the buff you get from class items, emblems and shaders. They claim that less rep will be needed overall.

Top Bottom