• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Why you always trolling -_-

Three artifacts that apply elemental to primaries seems so obvious. Meaningless to PvP and great for PvE.

And what if they made those elements mean something? I armchair-designed giving the elements in destiny meaning. IE Fire causing damage over time, lightning that chains on enemies, and void that...I forgot what my theory crafted void did. Blow people up iunno? I forgot on that one.

But what if elemental artifacts had more use than 'Take down shields fast'? That'd be freaking cool. I can be rocking out a lightning artifact to chain enemies in a dungeon that has masses of enemies, or fire for a raid boss.

Like....these types of options have always been available to Bungie. They've always had the capability to go out there with game-changing abilities and items. Exotics was the progenitor, but they have to go crazy.

Variety is king. IMO that should be fundamental for a loot game. I hope that Bungie has finally learned that.

Hopefully it's nerfed into the ground. A gun that defined a meta and everyone hated is coming back.

^

So not looking forward to seeing it again in Trials.

I hate thorn, with a passion.

The ONLY thing that would make that remotely OK is if they put other HCs and TLW back in its old place.

Thorn. The Destroyer of Destiny Communities.

My Thorn is powered by salt.

Trakan

Any word on how long Sony gear will remain exclusive?

Please don't tell me it's a full year again...

The ship and map are confirmed at least fall 2017. It's something that's been going on since launch of the original game, better get used to it man.

A bunch of Xbone guys have switched over to PS4. If it bothers you that much, you should too.

P44

what do you mean? just nerf everything into the ground. Something sticks out or is fun to use? nerf it. something else is too strong after the nerf? nerf it! but what if something... NERF IT!

easy peasy.

I may or may not be a little salty about constant nerfs.

Anybody want to run nightfall x3?

If enough stuff is broken straight away, by the time they've nerfed everything we should have Destiny 2.

Hopefully it looks like ass. I am so god damn sick of this exclusive bullshit.

It's still worth it playing on Xbox for the Elite controller and better network, but it still really sucks missing out on so much content each year.
So much content? You're missing out on a Crucible map and a ship. Not exactly game breaking. Plus, the last two PS exclusive crucible stunk.

Breezy is getting his Thorn back.

Where the fuck is my new Necrochasm at, Bungie?

I accept it as payment for implementing my ideas into the game. Just Thorn me up, fam.

edit-Also todd you should do another mythoclast podcast for this news. I'd love to chat about this new information in a round table~

I love thorn...especially when everyone stopped using it! :)

So what new currency is all the new gear going to be locked behind? (To stop mega grinders blasting their way to max light in hour 1) Any bets on a name?

Ornaments sound awesome!

The ship and map are confirmed at least fall 2017. It's something that's been going on since launch of the original game, better get used to it man.

A bunch of Xbone guys have switched over to PS4. If it bothers you that much, you should too.
I am used to it, and it sucks. Also, I started on PS4. Raiding with DGAF was amazing. You guys rock. Unfortunately, the Elite and IRL friends trump that.

So much content? You're missing out on a Crucible map and a ship. Not exactly game breaking. Plus, the last two PS exclusive crucible stunk.
A crucible map, a set of IB armor, an exotic weapon or two and a strike x3 for three years. I'd say that's a lot, especially in year one when content was light.

Trakan

Strikes now reward you a skeleton key that unlocks a chest that called the strike hoard that spawns hoards that drop unique strike items.

Things I'd still like to see:

infusing year one armor
all crucible maps put in playlists
all strikes put in playlists
chroma slots in all armor and weapons
blinking/pulsing etc chroma options
spectrum chroma (rainbow)
visible in-game artifacts

LTWood12

A lot of positive feelings about the things they're saying, especially w/ regards to them giving us more detailed roadmaps for the future. Just hope the guy that decided to nerf the spindle LL and who decided exhumed should be a thing isn't in charge of anything :p

Frenden

Banned
Just gonna drop this here...

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduBds8wlkjQ5QIYIgUgIInFPV3fveVzzzEruozGPtSh3nSn0ecnGfsWRZei9XjuNcMvVbReaY6p0bL4UumBCC0V5b2hCdV4SAaL1FDWgtIXn1TjPntmrnDwE68EAvNGRhk6MV8fsDv7YnNg.qDDRkHDl2SZDLbam-NMcKEjGu6A.png

Trakan

I just saw a screenshot of a named Siva captain with two players fighting it on the multiplayer map Bannerfall.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time they re-used crucible maps for PVE.

I just saw a screenshot of a named Siva captain with two players fighting it on the multiplayer map Bannerfall.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time they re-used crucible maps for PVE.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT

Like, convert the PvP maps to horde-mode maps. They have the technology!

SpecX

Wow, nice to see new content being shown off finally and life back in this thread. Big time LOL to Thorns return. I hated dying to that damn gun, but love killing with it. This can finally be the balance for snipers we needed.

They mentioned something about all Y1+2 class items returning (sans the raid ones) and also heavily hinted about something big yet to be revealed about PvP (something fans have been asking for). It's probably custom games, but as a casual PvP player I'd rather take something like 60 fps (pipe dream).

Just read the article and all I can say is I am massively hyped. They seem to be reducing rng a lot and making it easier to get the loot you want. Skeleton keys for strike specific loot is a genius idea.

SpecX

They mentioned something about all Y1+2 class items returning (sans the raid ones) and also heavily hinted about something big yet to be revealed about PvP (something fans have been asking for). It's probably custom games, but as a casual PvP player I'd rather take something like 60 fps (pipe dream).

Don't give up hope, it could happen with them dropping last gen players.

Xeroblade

Just read the article and all I can say is I am massively hyped. They seem to be reducing rng a lot and making it easier to get the loot you want. Skeleton keys for strike specific loot is a genius idea.

This is an actual thing? That sounds promising as well if true. Also it would nice if they raised the cap on marks and glimmer.

LifEndz

Well...the raid armor doesn't like as bad as Kingsfall, but I still wouldn't want to rock it. Hopefully the weapons look better.

This is an actual thing? That sounds promising as well if true. Also it would nice if they raised the cap on marks and glimmer.

Strike playlists / nightfall have chance to drop skeleton keys. But at the end of every strike. Including those selected from the directory will spawn a chest at the end upon completion. These can be opened with a skeleton key and will drop an item of strike specific loot. E.g if you run omnigul you could get a Grasp or a bond.

Has thorn got you thinking about getting RoI?

I mean

Between that and the horde mode, and artifacts that actually do stuff

That fulfills alot of the criticisms I had against the game. Now if they can separate balance between PvE and PvP....

I think I will get Rise of Iron. The Black Gjally didn't do anything for me. But Thorn and Horde mode? yas.

Back to current Destiny...

...am I reading the internet right? Are there two Last Words, one with infuse, one without? (I have one maxed out with no infuse, Attack 170 :/ )

Top Bottom