• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

XenoRaven

Thanks GutZ and friends for the flawless run!

The only thing left that I really want to do before RoI hits is a King's Fall HM. Never tried it and I've only done regular KF twice, so I would need to be either taught or carried.

Marvel

could never
Big thanks to our buddy gutz for the sherpa. GJ e1, sorry for the immediate fail lol

DnaSF5A.jpg

We did it!

Dez_

Thanks for the flawless raid, Gutz! The only things I need would be the raid and strike trophies with a clan, 50 ghosts, and I guess I need to start a game as a warlock.

WeTeHa

Reposting for new page.

Anyone down for KF HM raid including Warpriest CM starting from totems?

1) Me (Warlock)
2) Bob (Titan)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I take it you guys are already done since i'm 2 hours late, but just in case: I'll be home in like an hour and can join if you are still looking.

Ji66a-Man

I take it you guys are already done since i'm 2 hours late, but just in case: I'll be home in like an hour and can join if you are still looking.

Yep, never filled up. But it's looking good in an hour.
Edit: full now, we'll start after everyone is back from lunch, myself included.

1) Me (Warlock)
2) Bob (Titan)
3) Kukawaki
4) WeTeHa
5) Gutz (Hunter)
6) Lnkn52

GutZ31

Thanks GutZ and friends for the flawless run!

The only thing left that I really want to do before RoI hits is a King's Fall HM. Never tried it and I've only done regular KF twice, so I would need to be either taught or carried.

Big thanks to our buddy gutz for the sherpa.

DnaSF5A.jpg

We did it!

Thanks for the flawless raid, Gutz! The only things I need would be the raid and strike trophies with a clan, 50 ghosts, and I guess I need to start a game as a warlock.
Good job guys. Glad we could get it done. Had a few swords disappear on us, but we powered thru the issues.

robo

Gutz you do these every weekend? Could I book in for the 20th around 7pm UK if possible. I'll try Nit to die or cock it up.

Thx

Did they nerf Nova Bomb's tracking ability since Y1? I haven't played a voidwalker in PvP since then and most of my supers kept whiffing today.

The Jer

still quite a few slots for a couple hours from now, if anyone wants in.

Please keep these newbie raids going. Unfortunately, I couldn't do this one - but, weekends are usually great.
I've only done each raid once... I would really like to go through them again. I don't care about loot - I just enjoy the game.

WeTeHa

1) Me (Warlock)
2) Bob (Titan)
3) Kukawaki
4) WeTeHa
5) Gutz (Hunter)
6) Lnkn52

I'm good to go. Just shoot me an invite when we're starting.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hey dudes.

Haven't played since February and was curious what the general consensus is about the following:

- The Hunter changes seem a little harsh. I feel like people weren't really complaining about Hunters when I left...how have those changes panned out? Are people dropping their Hunters? Tripmine and throwing knife (the two most fun aspects of playing GS IMO) sound especially useless now. Are people just jumping out of smoke bombs now in Crucible - making them a joke?

- Where is weapon balancing now? Are Hand Cannons still bad, lol? Is everyone still using 1000YS?

- Do people still use the high rate ARs? Was the dmg and Counterbalanace nerf too much?

- What's dat crucible meta now?

- At 320 with all the best weapons from February, am I a major drag on teams in end-game PVE content now?

NeOak

Hey dudes.

Haven't played since February and was curious what the general consensus is about the following:

- The Hunter changes seem a little harsh. I feel like people weren't really complaining about Hunters when I left...how have those changes panned out? Are people dropping their Hunters? Tripmine and throwing knife (the two most fun aspects of playing GS IMO) sound especially useless now. Are people just jumping out of smoke bombs now in Crucible - making them a joke?

- Where is weapon balancing now? Are Hand Cannons still bad, lol? Is everyone still using 1000YS?

- Do people still use the high rate ARs? Was the dmg and Counterbalanace nerf too much?

- What's dat crucible meta now?

- At 320 with all the best weapons from February, am I a major drag on teams in end-game PVE content now?
- Bad. More BD and NS around.

- No. More decent. Just try it :D

- Only the Doctrine was worth it. Some still use it.

- Red bars

- No. The max level of activities is 330 now.

OK, I guess I just suck then. Longer range Nova's don't even try to nudge towards the enemy.
I don't PvP with my warlock very much but Nova Bomb is not very effective when the enemy is far away and moving. Use it in close against groups who are waiting for heavy or capture and as a Super counter.

Ji66a-Man

Gonna run KF HMx2 including Warpriest CM starting after 8pm PST.

1) Me (Hunter & Titan)
2) Gutz (Titan & Warlock)
3) Vaalbar (Hunter & Titan)
4) Lnkn52 (Hunter & Titan)
5)
6)

Frostburn

Gonna run KF HMx2 including Warpriest CM starting after 8pm PST.

1) Me (Hunter & Titan)
2) Gutz (Titan & Warlock)
3) Vaalbar (Hunter & Titan)
4) Lnkn52 (Hunter & Titan)
5) US-Frostburn (Warlock) can bring Hunter or Titan for second run but only around 315 light.
6)
I'm down for this!

Sadetar

1) Me (Warlock)
2) Bob (Titan)
3) Kukawaki
4) WeTeHa
5) Gutz (Hunter)
6) Lnkn52
This was the quickie I was looking for.

Very well lubed and totally enjoyable. ^_^ Thank you darlings.

The Doubles playlist aka "join a match where a fireteam of two is beating a solo player whose team-mate already left and there's not enough time to turn things around anyway".

CLBridges

Went ahead and repurchased a ps4 online today. Was gonna wait until some time in September but oh well. Got hired on direct with the company I work for this week and things are actually looking OK this year. I'll be glad to join back Destiny for a bit before RoI drops and do a few things I didn't do prior to me having to sell my last PS4.

Weapon avalanche!

Between Xur exotic engrams & PvP I just landed:

Suros Regime
Red Death
Bad Juju
Eyasluna

Suros seems kinda enh at first, but it might replace my Paleocontact for PvE once it's levelled. Thing is, I'm not sure I'd rather use my exotic slot on this than Zen Meteor.

Bad Juju seems better than Red Death, but I'm not sure it's better than Hawksaw, and it looks like it smells bad.

Eyasluna...this thing seems ridiculous, I'm not sure how TLW is considered better. It has better impact, larger magazine, miles better range and even better stability with injection mold. I favour pulse rifles, but this seems like the best weapon out there at first glance, and it doesn't even take up an exotic slot.

Bad Juju is fantastic for crowd control and charging your Super. It's not as good as a well rolled Hawksaw/PDX for killing one foe, but it's much better at killing a million thrall.

I've already got a bullet hose Paleocontact that evaporates trash mobs. The roll's nothing crazy, but that RoF + stability + mag size basically makes it a laser.

Yeah, Paleocontact is great. Don't think most consider it a bullet hose, though— it's a mid ROF (600rpm) auto-rifle.

Bad Juju refunds the mag on kills— it eats trash mobs without reloading and charges your super very quickly doing so (though if you have a raid hat with 'shine on', Bad Juju doesn't do anything extra).

Top Bottom