• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I have my Voidwalker specced for axion bolts and it seems pretty effective. I use Voidfang Vests. (exotic chest) pared with "Annihilate" and "Vortex Mastery" (T5 discipline also helps). Love this build!

I don't have the Voidfang, but I rolled with that build for a couple of days and maybe it's just my aim, but those grenades couldn't kill anybody. They seemed more about just creating a choke point nuisance so I switched back to Vortex grenades & Embrace the Void.

Tjamato88

Go Hung Jury from my Dead Orbit rewards. Is this gun any good? I feel like I see it a lot in Crucible but I've never tried it. The roll kinda looks like crap.

Lee

Go Hung Jury from my Dead Orbit rewards. Is this gun any good? I feel like I see it a lot in Crucible but I've never tried it. The roll kinda looks like crap.

The vendor rolls were perfect prior to the last update, which is why you see it a ton. Without great rolls it's nothing special.

You guys are nuts, Dead Orbit gear looks slick as fuck. I'll take their weapons over weird spiky hive weapons blocking my view with wafting green farts any day. Hung Jury's really good, not the pinnacle of scouts, but definitely competitive and good enough to show solid results in either PvE or PvP. The current roll can reach max reload speed, which is awesome, and it has really good DPS as a precision-shot-from-safe-distance boss slayer.

Who knows? Maybe they´ll give out Blacksmith again.

You´re first in line if I get one.

woo hoo!

You guys are nuts, Dead Orbit gear looks slick as fuck. I'll take their weapons over weird spiky hive weapons blocking my view with wafting green farts any day. Hung Jury's really good, not the pinnacle top-tier, but definitely competitive and good enough to show solid results in either PvE or PvP.
IMO Red Death is the hottest weapon in first person view.

I'd like the option for swords in first person, à la Halo.

Going to hit it tonight around 9pm Eastern on Xbox if anyone wants to sherpa.

I'm likely around. Have completed the raid all of six times (hopefully second hard mode tonight), but I do know the encounters and roles.

Someone posted the guide for Oryx HM/CM a few weeks ago for me, and it served my group very well.

We figured the rest of the encounters out from YT/Reddit and trial and error.

Daughters: if you have trouble with people doing jumping, slam singing daughter and kill her first. Forces you to only doing two runs, and if you do it fast enough, no snipers.

I wish my hunter was a female. Nothing I can do about that, eh?

I might actually have one to give you, will have a look when I get the chance!

oh and HI DGAF.

That'd be awesome! Hi *waves*

I'm likely around. Have completed the raid all of six times (hopefully second hard mode tonight), but I do know the encounters and roles.

Someone posted the guide for Oryx HM/CM a few weeks ago for me, and it served my group very well.

We figured the rest of the encounters out from YT/Reddit and trial and error.

Daughters: if you have trouble with people doing jumping, slam singing daughter and kill her first. Forces you to only doing two runs, and if you do it fast enough, no snipers.
Thanks, I will check this out too!

I'm starting to wonder why voidwalkers even have grenades. They just seem to tickle the opponent a bit.

Scatter grenades are very good with Nothing Manacles.

I do get kills with axion bolts as well, though I'm also happy if they just flush people out.

I'm about ready to give up on hand cannons. I feel dumb saying that because every Twitch streamer is massacring people with them

I'm terrible with them too in PvP. I like using them with my hunter in PvE.

Is there any particular reason why fusion rifles are associated with warlocks?

They are?

WeTeHa

Anyone from DGAF attending Gamescom?

I´ll try to grab as many shaders as I can.

I wish. Never been to gamescom in cologne. I went when it was still in leipzig, but unfortunately I usually don't have the time nowadays :/

Well, maybe next year.

Deku Tree

XTO08w6.png

Please let this include Destiny Rise of Iron... I'm not sure if Sony includes DLC in their restrictions.

darthbob

XTO08w6.png

Please let this include Destiny Rise of Iron... I'm not sure if Sony includes DLC in their restrictions.

What kind of Neo enhancements would we be realistically looking at? 4K res bump? 60FPS? Overall "better" graphics? to name a few examples

Awesome, hopefully they just forget about it completely. Also I just got to the exotic sword quest where you have to farm planet materials, so tedious. :(

It's not that bad if you have a Ghost that detects materials. Equip a sniper rifle and zoom in and it'll reveal the ones within a ~50 meter radius

Trakan

Luke Smith did a Q&A on a charity livestream. Someone from reddit made up a summary of what he talked about.

Some of the stuff he talked about
The order during the templar sequence, initially the oracles spawned first instead of confluxes
There was a lot of debate about the delay the Templar gives when before he detains you, this is meant to slow down spamming rocket usage
The room everyone hides in during VoG when Legions spawn was unintended and something they didn't come across in testing as it was the result of them adding the second path down to the gorgons and not sealing it off before the end of the fight.
The drop section of VoG required reworking the Halo engine so that velocity wouldn't kill you, in Halo just going too fast can kill you
He left Bungie in anger when at one point the wipe screen was removed as he felt it was important, and gave the player a heads up on what they needed to do (e.g. oracles destroyed)
The platforms were inspired by Mega Man and Mega Man 2
Luke said the most fun part of designing the raid was personally writing the description text and skill tree for each gun, people thought "Fatebringer" was a little too on the nose
He has a "fetish" for drops, and put the start of Crota as the drop to tell the player you're entering a different world
the bridge encounter was one of the original raid designs, and while he liked the idea, said it has too many holes and makes it way too easy to cheese
The Thrallway was meant to be harder and more a fast paced jump and escape, he feels it didn't quite get there.
He like relics, as they lead the focus to just one person in a large fireteam. And the reason you kill a swordbearer in Crota's End to get the relic was to give the player some immediate back ground about the relic they were using as without the grimoire you don't know anything about the relic in Vault of Glass
King's Fall - A mid to late development was the addition of taken to Warpriest and Golgoroth, this allowed them to introduce the presence of Oryx and that he's watching you complete the raid, the names of the King's Fall places were added late in development to give it a real feel that you're in Oryx's world.
The Raid after Rise of Iron (Destiny 2 I guess?) doesn't have a name
He has no idea how you suicide skip the maze in KF
He doesn't like the one bubble strategy, it's "boring" and feels they need to do a better job testing to prevent easier than intended ways around
The "dick" wall was inspired by Double Dragon where cement blocks come out of the wall
He wishes they found a way to reduce sniper damage to Golgoroth as standing 10 feet from something and shooting it isn't great, they initially were hoping for it to be more stick a shotgun in Golgoroths gut and fire away
Basketball Court of Oryx -- After VoG the team wanted to make more secrets that were a lot harder to find and it was the result of that
The early testing of VoG led to Luke yelling a lot at his team because they were so terrible. Most of them came from MMO's and were terrible at shooters so he'd berate and be proven right by the post game carnage, that's how they knew they were onto good ideas
Malice was an idea where they wanted a gun to be a collectable, he wanted a dominant PvE gun but not PvP, Jon Wisniewski (Sp?) came up with the overdrive concept (can cause you're own death).
He also really likes Crystal Geyser sparkling water with natural peach flavour.

https://www.twitch.tv/stackupdotorg/v/82385280

lol, he thought people would fight Golgoroth with shotguns.

TyrantII

What kind of Neo enhancements would we be realistically looking at? 4K res bump? 60FPS? Overall "better" graphics? to name a few examples

Could 60FPS IB and ToO be coming? Why else would they drop last gen support? I guess maybe for loot tables, but couldn't you just restrict it to TKK loot?

Anyone from DGAF attending Gamescom?

I´ll try to grab as many shaders as I can.

I'll never pass up loot. Add me to the queue.

Deku Tree

I wonder if the previously discussed Cabal themed raid and expansion area on Mars will be part of another year 3 expansion pack, or if it will be part of Destiny 2.

spyder_ur

Luke Smith did a Q&A on a charity livestream. Someone from reddit made up a summary of what he talked about.

I agree with him. Something is screwed up in terms of weapon damage when you're standing 3 feet away from him and sniping him is the most efficient way to kill him. That always bothered me.

Part of that was the proliferation of 1000YS and Spindle, though. Those guns are basically made to kill those raid bosses.

X-Frame

Can someone tell me if I am crazy or not, did Bungie release an updated SubClass K/D performance chart recently, possibly after the Hunter update?

I could've sworn I saw one that showed Bladedancers and Gunslingers still performing high with elevated global KDR's compared to the other subclasses.

Can someone tell me where I can find it? It doesn't seem to be on Bungie.net.

Deku Tree

Bungie has a real play testing problem if they have 250 play testers and they can't figure out that Black Spindle is the quickest way to kill anything that is semi-stationary.

They could have just slapped a damage de-buff on snipers at Golgoroth Stomach. They did it with hand canons at oracles.

Hey, anyone notice that the game seems to perform better on the S?

Last night the Hunter shadow shot during the Oryxx fight didn't drop my frames to 17.

Once you've done it - you can enter into the debate about which end is front and Back of Oryx's room! :)

I think it raged for several pages in here last time.

Lol I thought those arguments only happened in my games when someone screwed up due to that miscommunication. I just started numbering them very early on but for the record, we bust on in the front door we didnt sneak in through the back.

Super LTTP, but I need to learn this raid so I can tackle heroic mode. I only did it once right after launch last year.

Do you guys recommend any specific YouTube instructional videos for King's Fall? I tried watching Datto's videos but for some reason I can't wrap my head around what he's saying. We're on different wavelengths, I guess.

Going to hit it tonight around 9pm Eastern on Xbox if anyone wants to sherpa.

I just started playing again this past week after RoI getting me hyped, I'm all for doing heroic KF tonight. Need to do all 3 challenges since I still need the last 3 fragments for yr 2 moments of triumph and if possible would like to knock one out tonight before reset. I still have to do the CoE as well. Wouldn't mind doing some casual trials either to at least do bounties before reset. Speaking of Moments of Triumph does anyone know why some of my completed challenges wont proc? For example I have all 3 exotic swords but I've signed in on all 3 characters and equipped each sword on each character and it still wont complete it.

Anyway if you are still looking for ppl for raid tonight give me a holler or if you or anyone else on X1 wants to do any of the other things hit me up. GT:Ronzilla29

Top Bottom