• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

SheHateMe

Met Deej last year.

If I meet him again this year I´ll straight up ask him for like 10.

Just tell him to drop in to DGAF and give us a multi use code for like 10 minutes or something. LOL

Blacksmith is the one shader I regret not getting when I had the chance and would pay for, if it wasn't going for $200.

I could even justify paying $20. But not $200.

SpecX

Luke Smith did a Q&A on a charity livestream. Someone from reddit made up a summary of what he talked about.

https://www.twitch.tv/stackupdotorg/v/82385280

lol, he thought people would fight Golgoroth with shotguns.

Thanks for posting this, excellent read! Sounds like golgy was designed around shotguns pre 2.0 patch and when that came through and wrecked them, the design didn't change to reflect the changes. I think if they went back to HoW shotgun damage ONLY for PvE, then this would be a valid tactic raiders would use.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nap now train later.

bjhjhjhj.gif

Lee

Only if you're farming outside of Omnigul being the NF. Grasps basically rained down when it was the NF. Now, some were garbage, but they were at least infusion fuel.

Actually had a lot of fun doing that as well. 2 of the 3 of us got good rolls after an hour or so. Not perfect rolls, but like counterbalance/braced frame/godzilla fighter

hmmm it concerns me that there's an ROI icon on those titan marks.

Since we can infuse TTK gear, what's the point of having an ROI icon to differentiate?

Deku Tree

hmmm it concerns me that there's an ROI icon on those titan marks.

Since we can infuse TTK gear, what's the point of having an ROI icon to differentiate?

To let TTK owners know that they can't have it unless they buy RoI.

I wonder if TTK only owners can even get higher than 335 light. Can TTK owners play a 350-380 LL nightfall?

To let TTK owners know that they can't have it unless they buy RoI.

I wonder if TTK only owners can even get higher than 335 light. Can TTK owners play a 350-380 LL nightfall?
Unless they update KF or CoE, I doubt they can get higher. Plus they might not even be allowed to play Trials or IB.

zeelman

Thanks for posting this, excellent read! Sounds like golgy was designed around shotguns pre 2.0 patch and when that came through and wrecked them, the design didn't change to reflect the changes. I think if they went back to HoW shotgun damage ONLY for PvE, then this would be a valid tactic raiders would use.

Bungie has made it pretty clear they won't rebalance guns separately for PVP and PVE.

SpecX

Bungie has made it pretty clear they won't rebalance guns separately for PVP and PVE.

I know and it's a stupid choice they decided on. I get you want a consistent feel to weapons, but PvP and PvE are not the same. When enemies in PvE start acting like players in PvP, then this argument can be made. I do hope that they make weapons more configurable (like the previews we've seen of khvostov) so you have perks/setups more in line with PvP needs vs PvE needs and vice-versa.

Can I ask a horrible question? For someone who has never played this and will only play solo, what class should I start with? I've seen conflicting answers all over the place so I ask you GAF. Thanks.

Can I ask a horrible question? For someone who has never played this and will only play solo, what class should I start with? I've seen conflicting answers all over the place so I ask you GAF. Thanks.
It's mostly personal preference, so I'd try all three and see which one you like the most.

Just tell him to drop in to DGAF and give us a multi use code for like 10 minutes or something. LOL

Blacksmith is the one shader I regret not getting when I had the chance and would pay for, if it wasn't going for $200.

I could even justify paying $20. But not $200.

exactly. I remember I created a thread in the bungie forums requesting they add it to the eververse vendor and I've never seen so much hate. Glam, if you manage to snag enough I'll buy one.

Warlock is the only answer. Storm > Sun > Void if you're going to focus on PvP Sun > Void/Storm if PvE

It's mostly personal preference, so I'd try all three and see which one you like the most.
This is the only answer.

Unless of course you want to play the coolest, best-looking, most fun, and most satisfying class; then you would play as a Hunter.

SpecX

Warlock is the only answer. Storm > Sun > Void if you're going to focus on PvP Sun > Void/Storm if PvE

Do you want him to quit? Worse Class Ever!

As others said, pick which ones you really want to try, but ultimately try all 3. I started with a Hunter because of cloaks and thought they looked amazing. I then created a Warlock which was garbage, but wanted that trophy. Then I finally created the master race, Titan, and now that's my primary. If I could do it all over again, I would have 2 Titans and 1 Hunter, skipping the Warlock.

Whilst it will be annoying going to 3 different social spaces, far out it looks good.

Can't wait.

Wish I was better at capturing gameplay moments. Had an epic finish to a match of the daily clash last night. Was on a spree and a warlock lobbed a nova bomb at me, I managed to jump away quick enough to dodge it and follow it up with my own nova bomb on him to finish the match.

See. Everyone has different answers. I'm looking at just going through the story and not playing against other people. I don't really wanna go through the same beginning three times but I might have to.

SpecX

See. Everyone has different answers. I'm looking at just going through the story and not playing against other people. I don't really wanna go through the same beginning three times but I might have to.

If you plan on only playing alone, go with either a Titan so you can have the bubble shield or Warlock for self revive supers.

Yeah it's impossible to recommend a character without their recommendation being biased towards a certain character, so you pretty much have to try them all.

I read that Titan has the best armor to start so wouldn't that make me more likely to survive until I get to level 15? Or am I wrong?
It won't really come into play. Higher armor lets you survive things like tripmines or different DOT effects in the Crucible. Recovery shortens the time it takes for your shields to start regeneration. Armor and Recovery don't REALLY matter unless you're in PvP as you can usually hide from AI. Agility is always useful.

#HunterMasterRace

They are?

Yeah, fusions are their class reward from the gunsmith quests, and there are other hints around the game that fusions & warlocks are supposed to go together for some reason. Because fusing is kinda magical? Because it gives them a mid-range shotty that lets them take advantage of the longer range of their melee? I dunno.

As someone who soloed all 3 to get the trophies, the truth is that it doesn't much matter, the classes are all pretty similar for the base game. It's not like other rpgs where magic users are really fragile etc.; those differences are there, but they're much more muted than other games, and anybody can use any weapon. You'll never run into a wall where say, a hunter is too weak to do something by themselves - at worst you just need to come back to something when you're a higher level, but there are always plenty of other tasks to do until you get there. Some subclasses' supers have a bigger area of effect and are better at clearing out mobs than others, which can come in handy. But you can switch between subclasses whenever, so it's really just a question of which of the three main archetypes you think is cooler.

You sure that's not backwards? Stormcallers have the best mob clearing super in the game for PvE, while Voids seem to be the highest ranked in PvP; Storm's super can rack up kills, but it also leaves them exposes in large arenas and the startup can really hurt them.

Yeah, fusions are their class reward from the gunsmith quests, and there are other hints around the game that fusions & warlocks are supposed to go together for some reason. Because fusing is kinda magical? Because it gives them a mid-range shotty that lets them take advantage of the longer range of their melee? I dunno.

As someone who soloed all 3 to get the trophies, the truth is that it doesn't much matter, the classes are all pretty similar for the base game. It's not like other rpgs where magic users are really fragile etc.; those differences are there, but they're much more muted than other games, and anybody can use any weapon. You'll never run into a wall where say, a hunter is too weak to do something by themselves - at worst you just need to come back to something when you're a higher level, but there are always plenty of other tasks to do until you get there. Some subclasses' supers have a bigger area of effect and are better at clearing out mobs than others, which can come in handy. But you can switch between subclasses whenever, so it's really just a question of which of the three main archetypes you think is cooler.

You sure that's not backwards? Stormcallers have the best mob clearing super in the game for PvE, while Voids seem to be the highest ranked in PvP; Storm's super can rack up kills, but it also leaves them exposes in large arenas and the startup can really hurt them.

Actually, the top end gunsmith warlock reward is a scout rifle, not a fusion. The fusion (susanoo) comes before it.

Top Bottom