• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

Need people to do nightfall and prison of elders with on Xbox 1. I'm only 305 light...

Also, what's the best way to get from 305 into range of getting 335 gear?

I have been on DestinyLFG for the past two days and everyone I get in a party just bails out and doesn't know what they're doing in the raid.. really frustrating :(

Is there some sort of master list for DGAF on Xbox One? I need to add anyone and everyone who's active still. I want to freaking finish Oryx finally too..

You can add me: Shermas. I've run a couple of 310s thru the CoE the last couple days... One guy had no idea how it worked and we did fine. He started to freak out because you don't drop down to get the loot anymore (you go back to the reef).

This week isn't too bad.. Pretty easy to get 30k on a run and 90k after three. I've had 80ish a couple times after two runs when we weren't really trying hard. Just have to run it again and melt the bosses to hit the 90k for armor drop.

Ballistic

Interesting, was looking at my trophies for Destiny this morning and I am only 4 away from the platinum. 3 of which are simple, 50 dead ghosts(conviniently I have just started chipping away at ghosts so should have this one tonight), complete a strike with only your clan members, complete a raid with only your clan members and the only challenging one, flawless raid.

Could do the clain raid and flawless at the same time but damn..that's going to be a struggle.

COE or POE counts towards a raid with your clan mates

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up for a HM King's Fall checkpoint for the final Oryx bit? I've got one, and it seems like a waste to not complete it...
On PS4, btw.

phen0m24

HOLY CRAP MERCURY HYPE IGOR AND WICKED

BOWS

swefljubl;sjbc;uib;uwbefjwb

thank you guys for putting up with me and for teaching too. :)

<3 <3 <3

(collapses)

GutZ31

Oh cool, thanks for the tip. Does it also count for flawless raider?

unfortunately it doesn't, but gutz has been sherpaing flawless runs
I'll probably be doing another flawless raider this week if I can find the time. If not, I already agreed to do one the 20th Around 2:00pm EST/ 7:00pm UK.
If you plan on taking part in a flawless run, please bring a heavy machine gun for most of the raid, if not all of it.
Bring at least 1 heavy ammo synth for in case of unforeseen issues.
Other than that, I will go over the specifics as we go. Usually takes less than an hour.

Edit: To commemorate 2 years playing Destiny, this is my fire teams first attempts at VoG Templar normal mode.
https://youtu.be/fI2xT8mvRwA

Rehsa

BOWS

<3 <3 <3

(collapses)
Dude congrats on the flawless!!1!
&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;

Phenom had the PLAY OF THE CARD (POTC) on the last round of a 4-4 game FINAL BOSS NO MERCY as the *last guardian standing* against 2 guys &#128588;&#128588;&#128588;&#128588;&#128588;

Got a kill, got my revive and then helped clean out. GGs
That's awesome, more competent than I was on final boss, noice &#128512;

BOWS

<3 <3 <3

(collapses)

Phenom had the PLAY OF THE CARD (POTC) on the last round of a 4-4 game FINAL BOSS NO MERCY as the *last guardian standing* against 2 guys &#128588;&#128588;&#128588;&#128588;&#128588;

I'll probably be doing another flawless raider this week if I can find the time. If not, I already agreed to do one the 20th Around 2:00pm EST/ 7:00pm UK.
If you plan on taking part in a flawless run, please bring a heavy machine gun for most of the raid, if not all of it.
Bring at least 1 heavy ammo synth for in case of unforeseen issues.
Other than that, I will go over the specifics as we go. Usually takes less than an hour.

Edit: To commemorate 2 years playing Destiny, this is my fire teams first attempts at VoG Templar normal mode.
https://youtu.be/fI2xT8mvRwA

Won't be here on the 20th, working away for 2 weeks at that time. Will keep an eye out this week as I will be around but no biggie either way.

Plenty of raid experience(though not run crota/vog since their respective prime times), all classes at 335 with any weapon that would be required also at 335.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Today is Italian day. We're getting matched up with people in Italian. What are the coincidences. Got matched up with people in classic, got matched up with same people in control later.

phen0m24

Congrats, phen0m.

What is it like at Mercury? Is it nice?

It's really cool. I've been like 3 or 4 times in total. I don't know how these guys do it so consistently. :)

Dude congrats on the flawless!!1!

That's awesome, more competent than I was on final boss, noice &#128512;

Lol thanks man! I still don't know what happened. The other dude must have panicked more than I did. :p

Dude you and Wicked were awesome! :) I really really appreciate it, guys!!!!

(Treasured Destiny memory. We did it!!!)

Comms

Neo Member

BOWS

<3 <3 <3

(collapses)

Now you just need to train Nickle and Penny to do trials and then you can go anytime you like!

Sir Pounce! :)

haveheart

Banned
Hi everyone,

I just picked it up on friday. If some EU/GER Gaf folks want to add me, I'd be happy to team up for some of those raids or strikes (PSN: silvesteros_).

I'm lvl 38 and I still got a lot to learn but this game is crazy fun so far.

D_psipher

X and Biggy thanks for the trials run. We had some amazing matches and special shout out to rng for that no mercy final boss no show.

glaurung

Hi everyone,

I just picked it up on friday. If some EU/GER Gaf folks want to add me, I'd be happy to team up for some of those raids or strikes (PSN: silvesteros_).

Hey man! If you want, I can help you along and guide you through the basics. I also need someone to do the refer-a-friend quest with.

Let me know.

PSN glaurung

My German is limited, but my English is good.

Have just picked up TTK with both of the previous expansions. Haven't played since vanilla, i think i got up to Mars on the single player and have a character around level 18. Is it recommended i play through the rest of the base game and both previous expansions or make use of the level 25 character upgrade and just play on from the TTK content?

glaurung

Have just picked up TTK with both of the previous expansions. Haven't played since vanilla, i think i got up to Mars on the single player and have a character around level 18. Is it recommended i play through the rest of the base game and both previous expansions or make use of the level 25 character upgrade and just play on from the TTK content?
You can pop the Spark of Light and get to lv25. Keep in mind you still need to grind for those subclass unlocks (for a long time).

The old content won't go anywhere. You can always go back and do those quests if you want to clear the quest log.

Also, are you on PS4? Wanna do the refer-a-friend quest with me?

Honestly, don't bother with the level 25 thing, you can do it in a couple of hours. It takes hardly any time to get up to that level, it's after that point when the progression curve gets steep.

Skele7on

Banned
Hi everyone,

perfect time to start to be honest, you'll be ready for ROI on day one.

Just take your time at the moment, don't let the grind destroy you., it's not as bad as it used to be by a longshot.

Super LTTP, but I need to learn this raid so I can tackle heroic mode. I only did it once right after launch last year.

Do you guys recommend any specific YouTube instructional videos for King's Fall? I tried watching Datto's videos but for some reason I can't wrap my head around what he's saying. We're on different wavelengths, I guess.

Going to hit it tonight around 9pm Eastern on Xbox if anyone wants to sherpa.

Skele7on

Banned
Super LTTP, but I need to learn this raid so I can tackle heroic mode. I only did it once right after launch last year.

Do you guys recommend any specific YouTube instructional videos for King's Fall? I tried watching Datto's videos but for some reason I can't wrap my head around what he's saying. We're on different wavelengths, I guess.

Going to hit it tonight around 9pm Eastern on Xbox if anyone wants to sherpa.

moreconsole or inside destiny.

Random thoughts after tonight's matches:

• I'm starting to wonder why voidwalkers even have grenades. They just seem to tickle the opponent a bit.
  • The next match where I don't get Unsung Hero will be the first. I had one match where I got four sad consolation prizes assists in a row.
  • Zhalo Supercell is fired at me AND THE WORLD GOES ALL JIGGLY AGH
  • I'm about ready to give up on hand cannons. I feel dumb saying that because every Twitch streamer is massacring people with them, but they have no zoom, slow reloads and are hard to handle. I just suck with them compared to pulses.
  • Exotic YES...Purifier Robes, no...:(
  • Hey, this rare is better than my legendary. Again.

It may not sound like it, but I had fun tonight, lol.

Is there any particular reason why fusion rifles are associated with warlocks?

Hedera

Random thoughts after tonight's matches:

• I'm starting to wonder why voidwalkers even have grenades. They just seem to tickle the opponent a bit.
I have my Voidwalker specced for axion bolts and it seems pretty effective. I use Voidfang Vests. (exotic chest) pared with "Annihilate" and "Vortex Mastery" (T5 discipline also helps). Love this build!

Top Bottom