• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Trickle is the culmination of a lot of bad decisions by Bungie.

This game would be so much more fun if Mayhem settings were used across the board. If Bungie wants us to feel powerful, let us use our powers (a lot). Borderlands 2 did this really well and was a better game for it.
Borderlands abilities weren't as powerful as Destinys though. If we had Mayhem settings, there would be no reason to shoot anything with your guns. Look at Mayhem. Every time I play Mayhem, I rarely shoot at people because I'd rather use abilities. Now imagine that with easier to kill AI. You would be better off throwing grenades at everyone than shooting them. Borderlands abilities are nothing like Destiny abilities and you can't compare the two. Cool downs on abilities in general are just fine. Bungie what's you to shoot things and want your abilities to feel special. Trickle alone is the problem.

shingi70

Banned
Has bungie given the recommended light level for Rise of Iron. Just started playing the game.woth my girlfriend and shes not using the booster, just trying to be line her up to at least 3 ten before rise of Iron.

Has bungie given the recommended light level for Rise of Iron. Just started playing the game.woth my girlfriend and shes not using the booster, just trying to be line her up to at least 3 ten before rise of Iron.
I'm assuming the story missions and strikes(minus Heroics and NFs) will be level based and not based on LL like always. So you really just need to be level 40 to get started with ROI.

FyreWulff

I imagine RoI will probably be around 300 for starting stuff. Maybe 340? I'll go with 340.

DB content is roughly around 80 light level for the drops you get from it's missions now

HoW era content is 170ish

TTK drops you off about 280 as your 'natural' ending light level and minimum for near everything. Either way getting up to about 300 LL should be fine

Comms

Neo Member
None of the blueberries that I asked to do the Refer-A-Friend Quest with replied to me. ):

I feel that, I got lucky with the 10th or so blueberry I asked and THEN found 2 more, but I only had the time for 1 rookie. Met some weird people in between. If by chance I find others I will try to get you in on it. :)

Nicodemic

Hey guardians! Just got back into Destiny in preparation for RoI. I'm trying to find a list of the best pvp and pve guns these days. Anybody has a clue on where I can find this? Last time I played pvp, Doctrine and 1000YS were still the hot stuff. Guessing they're not anymore?

Hey guardians! Just got back into Destiny in preparation for RoI. I'm trying to find a list of the best pvp and pve guns these days. Anybody has a clue on where I can find this? Last time I played pvp, Doctrine and 1000YS were still the hot stuff. Guessing they're not anymore?

Ahhh the traitor is back

Dez_

High ROF pulse rifles are in. There's a great vendor Hawksaw being sold right now. If you happen to have a Grasp, that's a great choice as well. Snipers are still dominant, but you'll see some more longbows instead of just 1000 yards.

I'm speaking from a pvp point of view though.

I think I already know the answer, but which 330 Defiance of Yasmin should I keep?

Firefly unless you're a PvP sniping god.

Did you finish Oryx last night? I probably should not have stayed up until 1am playing; if I had my own office I would be napping.

No. She's going to have a whole year of content-trickle-drip to do ROI, so there may not be a huge rush. That said, a new guy in my clan just started playing on XBox three-four weeks ago and he's already in the high 200s.

Did you finish Oryx last night? I probably should not have stayed up until 1am playing; if I had my own office I would be napping.
No problem, LFG.net makes it easy to find quick replacements. (that gaffer never joined)

Yes we did finish it! It took several attempts though. Our second group was nowhere near as competent as the original group. You and Banana were a huge help, thanks again!

Now I can start running heroics :)

Nicodemic

Ahhh the traitor is back

Yes! And you'll never know when I'll strike next! Mwahahaa!

High ROF pulse rifles are in. There's a great vendor Hawksaw being sold right now. If you happen to have a Grasp, that's a great choice as well. Snipers are still dominant, but you'll see some more longbows instead of just 1000 yards.

I'm speaking from a pvp point of view though.

All right thanks! I think I still have an op Hawksaw from way back, I'll check it out.

Kaiken

Banned
Now that No Man's Sky is finally out, this is where I say goodbye... for now.
I've spent a ton of time with most of you here since the alpha. Helped, assisted, carried, held and most importantly had fun with the bunch of you. I know there's what appears to be a final expansion coming around the corner but there's far too many experiences coming around the corner to invest in Destiny anymore. Before I go, thank you for being such an amazing community, thank you for being patient with my first raid, thank you for allowing me to assist you during yours and thank you for my first Platinum. Until we meet again...

Yours Truly,
Kaiken (PSN Kaikken)

FWC for life
Hunter Master Class

Everyone talks about 1000YS being a great SR, but I don't see LDR mentioned a lot. I don't know if I just have a good one, but my LDR has slightly higher stability and reload than my 1000, with the same mag size and similar perks. Am I missing something?

No problem, LFG.net makes it easy to find quick replacements. (that gaffer never joined)

Yes we did finish it! It took several attempts though. Our second group was nowhere near as competent as the original group. You and Banana were a huge help, thanks again!

No problem! If you'd started it at 9pm EST (10pm for us), we probably could have stayed. :p

Wish I had a recording of the know-it-all-best-Destiny-player-ever 14 year old trying to explain War Priest to you and Rook.

Everyone talks about 1000YS being a great SR, but I don't see LDR mentioned a lot. [...] Am I missing something?

LDR only showed up in Year 2 back in April, and can only show up in Vanguard packages, so there are far fewer of them in circulation.

Ryck

Everyone talks about 1000YS being a great SR, but I don't see LDR mentioned a lot. I don't know if I just have a good one, but my LDR has slightly higher stability and reload than my 1000, with the same mag size and similar perks. Am I missing something?
I don't think it drops that often. Between 4 characters I've only had one drop. It is a fantastic sniper though.

Down for some nightfalls in about 90 min if anyone is about.

I wonder what No Man's Sky will do to the community. :0

Can someone explain how this guy took no damage when my rocket hit him head on?

3o6ZsSadjufoUZpjSo.gif

No problem! If you'd started it at 9pm EST (10pm for us), we probably could have stayed. :p

Wish I had a recording of the know-it-all-best-Destiny-player-ever 14 year old trying to explain War Priest to you and Rook.

LDR only showed up in Year 2 back in April, and can only show up in Vanguard packages, so there are far fewer of them in circulation.
haha yeah I try not to put "adults only" in my LFG posts so I don't look like a snob...but adults are WAY easier to play with :p

Just curious, what time zone are you in? I didn't know it went any later than Eastern time...maybe it's a Canada thing? I am in STL/Central time zone so it wasn't too late of a night for me.

ah okay thanks guys, I didn't realize LDR was rarer than 1000YS.

Dez_

I'd love to talk about an LDR, but I've never had one drop yet. Plus, I've only had one crappy rolled longbow, and no CoE sniper either. The game knows that I'm a horrible sniper, so it never drops any of those for me :p

FyreWulff

also: re: golgo snipe damage phase, I guess the only fix to that would be that snipers don't start damaging until a certain range out.

personally I'd love to see an FPS try that, but it probably won't happen for Destiny.

My god that kid.....that was probably the worst explanation of anything I've ever heard.

BokehKing

Banned
So I was just listening to a podcast and they brought up this point that the crucible feature "guardians have been asking for" may not even be customs but dedicated servers?

Which would you rather have)

Lnkn52

So I was just listening to a podcast and they brought up this point that the crucible feature "guardians have been asking for" may not even be customs but dedicated servers?

Which would you rather have)

I'll take either. Knowing how Bungie speaks in code, we might not get nothing.

haha yeah I try not to put "adults only" in my LFG posts so I don't look like a snob...but adults are WAY easier to play with :p

I'm more concerned about obnoxious dudebros so I don't make LFG posts at all.

Just curious, what time zone are you in? I didn't know it went any later than Eastern time...maybe it's a Canada thing?

We're in ADT/AST, which is used by the three maritime provinces and is an hour later/east of EDT/EST. There's also Newfoundland Time which is 30 minutes later still.

My god that kid.....that was probably the worst explanation of anything I've ever heard.

"so the things light up and then the person gets on a thing, and they can't get on the thing again, but another person gets on a thing and then the last and then um when we do it again, it can't be the same person who gets on the thing i think, it's been a while"

I don't think theres ever been a "clamour" for custom games, its more the fact that its the only modern FPS that doesn't have them. If they do bring them in, they'll be fire for a week until people get bored of it and realise theres no rep and loot drops

60FPS and Dedicated servers or GTFO

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nightfall is Taniks!

Cloak farmers assemble!!!

Arc burn
Brawler
Grounded
Trickle

CoE has a burn this week: Solar burn and trickle. Grenade kill bonus.

whats the best grenades to use in CoE this week? Attachable grenades do more damage but i'd like to get multiple kills with each grenade. Filling out the card in 2 runs with Super Bonuses was easy, but multi grenade kills are always a bit of a pain.

Trickle should help though.

Top Bottom